SOTD : Saturday 25th December-Friday 31st December 2021.

SOTD : 25th December 2021.

25.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Sea Salt & Fennel Extract 2 in1 Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears Transparent Bar Soap with Mint Extracts.
Brush: APS Shaving Co 24mm Cashmere Synthetic.
Face & Head Lather.
Lather: Wilkinson Sword Shave Stick.
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome. (1)
Razor: Parker Variant.(Settings) 2.5-wtg,3.5-atg, + Pick ups.

Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water face & head Rinse./ Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./ Nivea Men Replenishing PSB./ Milton Lloyd The Man Cobalt EdT.

Christmas Day Greetings,

As on all Christmas day's since i was a kid, i have always been a early riser due to the festive excitement, now it's my ageing body clock.

The Parker variant is always a pleasure to shave with it's handle is super grippy which is excellent for head shaving without the fear of it slipping out of my
hand whilst shaving.... If i only had the choice to shave with any of my DE razors then the Variant would be a strong contender....Paired together with the Personna Platinum Chrome made a wonderful smooth assertive duo mowing through my face & head stubble with effortless ease....The dependable WS shave stick provided a slick protective lather in a short space of time leaving a excellent post shave feel.

An enjoyable Christmas day face & head shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small squirts of Milton Lloyd The Man Cobalt EdT to the chest & pulse points.

My face & precious swede are both feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.

Later, but soon i will be venturing out to the family gathering to prepare the Christmas dinner, my multi tasking-skills come in useful at certain times' and take part in the festive activities, then after that i will be catching up on some well earned rest.

I wish every member of TSR a merry Christmas. Have a good safe pleasurable day ladies & gentlemen whatever you maybe doing. ;)

Take care...Yours-Barry.:cool:

Last edited:
Sat 25 Christmas Day SOTD - Merry Christmas wishes to all TSR members!
Soap Blackship Grooming Captain's Pipe
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow
Razor Karve Brass SB-F
Blade American Shave Platinum 1st
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + Yaqi PinaColada Chillers Splash
This is a really good quality soap! The lather is easy to be whipped up into a thick creamy & slick cone of aromatic tobacco pipeish scent! Great for this festive day...
An excellent shave with the razor's F plate in combination with the blade. Rarely used but finally got the best out of this F plate. 3 smooth and very efficient passes for an absolutely bbs finish. Aftershaves were awesome!
20211225_105535.jpg

And today's shave could only be themed one thing, 'A Happy Christmas you wonderful shavateers'

20211224_181034.jpg

Have - Rocnel Elite
A - Polsilver Lodz
Happy - AP(?) 24mm Cashmere
Xmas - Officina Artigiana
All - L'Occitane Cade balm
Of - Abbate Y Mantia Krokos Cologne
You - Yes, I do. I love all of you

And to throw in an extra as a bargain. My birthday shave. And a beautiful shave at that.

Have a lovely one with your families all you TSR folk and I wish you all the very best.

What else could you ever want? Christmas Beaver?

Last edited:
Today's shave:

rdt211225uojya.jpg

- Black Ship Grooming Wassail
- Mühle Rocca M95 Silvertip
- Mühle Rocca R95 with Feather blade
- Floïd The Genuine suave aftershave

:D

20211225_103937.jpg
SOTD 25th Dec
Brush - Yaqi Giotto 24mm
Soap - A&E Socal Hipster
Razor - Ever Ready 1912
Blade - Gem Personna SSC #1
Post - Mennen Skin Bracer & Barts Balm Peppermint
Above is my favourite line-up for my Shave of the Year.
The A&E soap is top notch performance with a scent that always brings a smile. The Giotto brush has a smidge more backbone than the Tuxedo knot and always whips up a cracking lather.
I've been totally seduced by Gem style SE shaving, so the 1912 narrowly beats the MMOC as I don't need to 100% concentrate with the 1912.
Barts is my absolute favourite balm - never short of perfect and the Skin Bracer provides a nice slap in the face after the homely scent of Socal Hipster.
So a very Merry Christmas to you all. Stay safe people and enjoy your shaves.
Happy Birthday @Satanfriendly Sir.

And today's shave could only be themed one thing, 'A Happy Christmas you wonderful shavateers'

View attachment 82001

Have - Rocnel Elite
A - Polsilver Lodz
Happy - AP(?) 24mm Cashmere
Xmas - Officina Artigiana
All - L'Occitane Cade balm
Of - Abbate Y Mantia Krokos Cologne
You - Yes, I do. I love all of you

And to throw in an extra as a bargain. My birthday shave. And a beautiful shave at that.

Have a lovely one with your families all you TSR folk and I wish you all the very best.

What else could you ever want? Christmas Beaver?

Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday, Chris

Christmas day

Pre shave: PAA cube
Soap: Macduffs almond biscottie
Splash: Macduffs almond biscottie
Alum bloc
Balm: arko unscented
Razor: karve stainless D plate
Blade: permasharp 1st use
Brush: alpha outlaw
Bowl: Giles shaving co

Scent notes: Roasted Coffee Bean, Bitter Almond, Allspice, Dark Chocolate, Cocoa Absolute, Green Coffee, Tonka Bean, Vanilla, Patchouli

Merry Christmas everybody went for a 3 pass shave this morning the karve and almond biscottie the permasharp works really well with the D plate the soap is slightly more firmer than back country bourbon and is a great performer the scent is really nice aswell I get Coffee chocolate vanilla and almond great shave to start the day

20211225_093952.jpg20211225_094000.jpg20211225_094010.jpg20211225_094039.jpg20211225_094325.jpg20211225_094334.jpg20211225_094340.jpg

SOTD 25-Dec
20211223_123853.jpg
Brush: Wolf Whiskers Boti 2-Band Fan
Soap: DG Daemon
Razor: CG Lvl2
Blade: GSB (4)

Chilled morning shave followed by an age for the little one to open up her presents, the family have gone nuts!

Kicked off the cooking, so hard work for the next few hours along with copious amounts of chef incentive (eggnog and wine), fingers crossed I can see straight enough to eat at the end of it!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Cheers and Merry Christmas!

Marc

Back
Top Bottom