SOTD : Saturday 25th December-Friday 31st December 2021.

On the move so I brought my travel kit. Tech, fresh Permasharp stainless blade (1), Palmolive stick, Clear Confidence Co budget synth for travel, and Benjamin's Bay Rum, and a sachet sample of Cedrat gel balm.

Simple, straightforward shave which was about all I could muster the energy for at 8am this morning. However unassuming the ingredients, you cannot go far wrong with a combo like that and I got close to BBS with 2.5 passes, got the tricky bits under the jaw that are hard to nail safely with a straight, only realising afterwards when applying the balm that I needed a pickup ATG under the chin, but hey ho I only forgot a bit and nobody will know (apart from the whole Internet now )
Happy shiny Christmas to one and all.

25/12/21
Pre - Shower
Brush - Simpson Duke 3 Best Badger
Soap - Arran soap Co. Lochranza
Razor - Blackland Tradere
Blade - Personna Med Prep (4)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Arran soap Co. Lochranza
A/S - Aramis Tuscany EDT
Wk 52 (1).JPG
These are a few of my favourite things,
The shave itself was flawless, so much so the blade gets another run out this week.
Although i have the Lochranza splash, the Vintage Tuscany is a favourite of Mrs TC's (i wore it before i met her in the early 80's and ever since, maybe it took her mind off my ugly mug?), therefore, a no brainer for today.
Up early dinner prepped, mostly sorted, We don't do Turkey, Garlic, Rosemary Lamb today, then out down the pub for an hour or 2 to see the lads, back home, dinner done, champagne and wine drank, SOTD posted.
Off to the Outlaws to deliver their Christmas dinners and pressies, Mrs TC driving as i have had a drink or 2,3,4,5,6,7-------------ish.
Merry Christmas to all my shaving buddies, Look after your own first then everybody else.
Happy Christmas All.

And today's shave could only be themed one thing, 'A Happy Christmas you wonderful shavateers'

View attachment 82001

Have - Rocnel Elite
A - Polsilver Lodz
Happy - AP(?) 24mm Cashmere
Xmas - Officina Artigiana
All - L'Occitane Cade balm
Of - Abbate Y Mantia Krokos Cologne
You - Yes, I do. I love all of you

And to throw in an extra as a bargain. My birthday shave. And a beautiful shave at that.

Have a lovely one with your families all you TSR folk and I wish you all the very best.

What else could you ever want? Christmas Beaver?

Happy birthday :)

And today's shave could only be themed one thing, 'A Happy Christmas you wonderful shavateers'

View attachment 82001

Have - Rocnel Elite
A - Polsilver Lodz

And to throw in an extra as a bargain. My birthday shave. And a beautiful shave at that.

Have a lovely one with your families all you TSR folk and I wish you all the very best.

Happy Birthday.

View attachment 82001

Have - Rocnel Elite
A - Polsilver Lodz

Belated birthday greetings..

Saturday AM 2021-12-25
Happy holidays to everyone
6T8xHGQ.jpg

Rooney 1/1 Ivory Finest (22/45)
Martin de Candre shaving soap
Wolfman WR2-SB 0.95/UFO Titan Fine
Wilkinson Sword 'New' (8)
Armani Acqua di Giò aftershave
LcyjQAJ.jpg

30F3E05F-7E85-46D8-8ED6-FB98EA37DCDA.jpeg
SOTD: 25/12/2021

Razor: Tatara Masamune
Blade: London Bridge , 1st use
Brush: Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Seaforth! Sea Spiced Lime
Aftershave: Seaforth! Sea Spiced Lime EDT
Balm: L’Oréal All In 1 Moisturising Cream Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

An all new Christmas present shave today (except for the Masamune), and it was a pure delight from start to finish. I don’t normally like to try this many new variables at once, with the razor and balm being the only items I’ve used before but the brush and soap both demanded a try today. I have the full spiced lime set with aftershave toner too. The brush is a Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn Handle with an AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan from the one and only @Gairdner. It’s a lovely handle, a great feel to it, the slim base is an excellent fit for my gorilla mitts to hold and the light weight is excellent. This is my first G5C knot and I’ve got to say it’s a step up from the Synbad I have. It’s firmer, holds the lather well for a synthetic and feels a bit like a well broken in boar at times! A great piece from a true gent! Straight to the top of my brushes so much so I will be offloading more soon!
The spiced lime is a delight, a somewhat mature dark lime zest and with the added oakmoss gives it an dry earthy, almost wood and leather undertone to my untrained nose! The lather is easy to produce and thick and slick, and the splashes just turn it up a notch!

Merry Christmas or Buon Natale to you all. Some of you may know I’m Italian/British born in the UK to two Italian parents and though most people call me Lee my full name is Natale which in Italy is a first name and also means Christmas. So Happy me day everyone!

Back
Top Bottom