SOTD: Saturday 24 June - Friday 30 June 2023.

23-06-2023

Proraso, Pelli sensibili :: Blackland Blackbird Titanium Satin Lite, Super Max (# 9) :: Semogue Torga C5, Finest Badger :: Martin de Candre, Rose :: 444 :: Myrsol, Plàstic shave

8plK8Wq.jpg

25-06-2023

Proraso, Reinfrescante :: Yaqi Harlequin, Super Max (# ) :: Yaqi Ever-helpful, Silvertip :: Proraso, Eucalipto :: Proraso, Balsamo Dopobarba Protetivo :: Proraso, Lozione Dopobarba

4Pwqxkq.jpg

Salut!

Tech June-kies ...

Sunday 25th June

AJFCJaXOqTZPU7HF1zpu-FDJjXN_igjiOlWcINhqty5xMXEkuC8yN7H4V2GQKWVtJhK2ghaICUBVHyS2s15iK8wzx5wSQMpZuIw3uf6xNPRyGXeStG-bvNdCK_oKiBAOupuKTVo85v61SySYhl7E7su1imPMpQ=w800

Mitchell's Wool Fat (Veg) Shaving Soap & Omega 10106 Pure Bristle
Gillette Open Comb Tech (1960s British) & Gillette Rhino (2)
Tabac Aftershave

I've got a good few shaves down with the new Mitchell's now and finding that I like it a lot!

Bringing to an end a programmed run through the Gillette Tech, which I started a week with the pre-War, then a week with the 1940s models, then 1950s and this last week the 1960s. I still have a few days of June left and so I'll be running a blade through a few wildcards - the Milady Tech, the Psycho Tech and one or two other interesting models.

It needs the ubiquitous and slightly modded GEM personna blade but for all that this old boy is still easy to use with an acceptable result if a bit on the mild side after 2 passes and pick ups.

You can, of course, position the blade not quite all the way back for a more blade-present feeling shave. Even on these 100+ year old razors, the blade will stay where it is placed.

The level 3 is excellent for a few days growth but I prefer the level 2.
It's a shame your razor doesn't fit the newer plates or I would have been happy to send over mine to try.
Sorry completely missed the shout out.

Appreciated, thank you. I did manage to get the newer plates. Stupidly I jumped as soon as he started production again and picked up the everyday. That was far too mild, so ended up plumping for the level 2 and 3 when he released those. The level 3 is good for me everyday but I'm not overly keen on the blade loading, that's the only reason I'm looking for the older crowd, bloomin good razor though.

SOTD 26-June
20230625_120720.jpg
Brush: Simpson M7
Soap: GN Ernest
Razor: Merkur 39C
Blade: Wizamet (1)

I'm going to call this my real first time with a slant, my actual first time was with one of PAA's Monster slants which I handled abysmally. Not quite grasping at that point that exceedingly lightweight razors really just weren't my cup of tea.

This one however is heavy, I think it's been termed the 'Sledge Hammer', which I am happy to agree with. I had a bit of trouble finding the angle initially but once there it seemed to perform very well. Only hiccup was a bit of irritation on the ATG pass on the neck, but seeing as this a bit of a problem area at times I'm not not going to condemn it just yet. Thank you @Nutsinatin for popping this one on BST.

I'll see how it goes as I get used to it, but so far not bad at all.

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

Mon 26
Soap & Aftershave Yaqi PinaColada Chillers
Brush SOC Cherry Wood Boar
Razor GEM Junior
Blade GEM PTFE 6th
Today's soap & excellent brush created a very good creamy slick cool lather & with the matching splash...so cold, perfect for facing a hot humid day. The last use of this excellent vintage razor was in Sept last year and today, combined with the well-used blade last used in Dec...enjoyed a fast but enjoyable 2 pass shave for a dfs finish...
20230626_170632.jpg

Back
Top Bottom