SOTD: Saturday 24 June - Friday 30 June 2023.

26 June

PAA Future Fiction
Omega 11126
Razorock Hawk v3
Schick Proline
Floïd Mentolado Vigoroso

6ACD0A69-FDD2-4327-A22A-4868B581D5B2.jpeg
I gave the Omega 11126 the exact same treatment as the Omega 11137 yesterday, but I didn’t get quite the same result. This treated banded bristle is stiffer than yesterday’s brush and and feels like it has thicker bristles. It required reloading for a good second pass. I can’t complain about the overall shave, though, as it was close and comfortable and really good.

I feel like the return of the prodigal shaver, except in my case it is more, 'And who the fuck did you say you are?'

Life has been overtaking me recently and I just can't get around to doing anything, and then just to throw a further spanner in to the workings of life some cheeky sod says, 'Can you do 12 days real work?'. 'You mean you want me to do something I am trying my best to get away from? Oh okay'.

I didn't even manage to say 'And for my final shave for this past week of SOTD's.....'. But, I finally do get that privilege as I scrape some 'Me time' together and so without further ado, 'And for my final shave for this past week of SOTD's I give you my shave themed, 'Going back in time'

Last Friday's shave

20230623_184801.jpg

Time machine - Tatara Nodachi
Time travel - Gillette 7 O'Clock (Green)
Tardis - Highlander 26mm Cashmere
Time slip - Signature soaps Condate
Women's slips - L'Occitane Cade balm
'Oh these just slipped off'
'That's fine. Do you mind if I try them on?'

Thinking back it must have been a face feeler as I can't recall arguing with myself over how shit it was.

Nb. These 7 O'Clocks in the Tatara are just sublimely brilliant

Some Puffyshoes. You missed them. I know you did

Saturday

And the theme was, 'Wearing ladies underwear (a continuation from the above)

20230624_164539.jpg

Don't wear a thong the wrong way round - Tatara Nodachi
Tights? Yes they are - Gillette 7 O'Clock (green)
Cup size? - Cadman 24mm Tuxedo
Your under slip? Yes they do sometimes - Floris Elite
Where's the Y front? - Collagen

'My God, not another pair to try?'

I do remember being so impressed by the Tatara and the O'Clocks I just went the same way. And then I decided the world needs some Beaver and 'I am not maternal'. Athough rumour has it, I may be

Sunday

Further adventures in ladies clothing

20230625_211517.jpg

Mmmmmm! - Stainless Mongoose
Chris will you stop wearing my....... - Kai Titan Mild
I am not going out with you looking like thart - AP Shaving 24mm Cashmere
Where's all my hosiery going? - Signature Soaps Hibernia
Smarties? I think you are on them - Simple moisturiser

Away on my jolly little tug boat and the weapon of choice goes to the Mongoose and a new Kai in between its chubby cheeks. Damn, what a great choice and damn smashing results. Need to have a soap swap (as well as underwear) as the Hibernia lives in my travel bag and only sees the light of shave when I....well....travel. It needs to see more as what a cracking soap in every respect

And some more of those Otoboke girlies to come your way

Before I press 'Post reply' it just takes me to say, I love you all

Los Jabones des Joserra Black Rose ; RazoRock 400 SE 24mm Super High Density Manchuria ; Edwin Jagger 3one6
Bic Chrome Platinum (4) ; Nivea Daily Skin & Stubble Lotion, Zousz Black Oud

230626-SOTD.jpg

26/06/23
Pre - Droyt's Classic Glycerose Soap
Brush - Silver Birch Brushes - Blue Resin 26mm Silvertip
Soap - OSP No. 08
Razor - Tatara Masamune
Blade - Kai DE Stainless
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood Balm & Argan Oil
A/S - OSP No.08
Wk 26 (3).jpg
I did enjoy that, I like the match of the Tatara and Kai.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Monday 26 June
Staying with with my Hoe type razors now that I’m into using my favourite GEM se personna blades. Today the GEM Junior, fat handle, dates from 1938 although patented from 1912. Not really sure about the fat handle design, although it happily stands unsupported unlike most other razors when placed on its fat end. The unusual odd shape doesn’t make it difficult to use, in fact, with the ubiquitous GEM modern blade it is a joy to use.
Apothecary 87 soap applied creamily with an old West German badger, two passes with a re soap halfway and a few pick ups produced a very fine shave.
Have a fine evening fellas!

IMG_0142.jpeg

Last edited:
Monday 26th June

Soap • Stirling Orange Chill
Brush • DS Cosmetics/ Boss
Razor • Timeless 0.68 SS Scalloped
Blade • Dorco Titan (3)
Post • Stirling Orange Chill Splash & Balm

The Timeless has been out of rotation for too long. My favourite DE.

It took longer to load the blade into the head (fiddly blade stops that don't stick out enough) than it did to do the shave.

Rating: 3.5 / 5

Razor: Yaqi DLC Single Head
Blade: Colorlamb Super Platinum
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite Stygian Synthetic
Lather: Grooming Department English Lavender
Aftershave: Cella Lozione Dopobarba https://shavingbuddies.com/shave/6499cfa87561cd6e4045e415

Tech June-kies ...

Monday 26th June

AJFCJaVNSOeneL8b2j2qaY2J5rIs24AzHur_y9LoVPPjGDcsxn4pCUXIgVrbaZaE4LuUdhs4MND0FiAESG1tl0ZE9slBwUU1ib61H_eKxtuWLMgooyPFj-CwgrHc-VDYLCx-mmU9b9HHS9qcbYHqoDwbCSKDQg=w800

Rolls Razor (Vintage) Shaving Bowl & Ever-Ready 600N Lucite w/Tuxedo Synthetic 26mm
Gillette Tech (British 1940s Ridged Comb) & Gillette Winner (1)
Blue Stratos Aftershave

When my man puts on Blue Stratos ...

Superb shave with the (guessing) 1950s vintage Rolls Razor shaving bowl. What a superb lather! I have no idea who made the actual soap but it's different to what I think is my oldest Cussons and my oldest Culmak. I wonder who made it? Sumptuous!

Cracking shave with this oddity Tech which bears all the hallmarks of the 1940s British flat-bottomed model but with teh ridged comb from the 1950s onwards model. Given the Gillette stamp is on the same part of the baseplate as the 'New' that preceded it rather than on the opposite side of the baseplate as per most such flat-bottomed Techs, I guess it's from the earlier period ... but with the later artefact gives me the idea that Gillette might just have been trying something out and some years later made it standard.

We had a chat about is here: https://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/community/threads/curious-detail-on-this-gillette-tech.52313/

Sharp shave with the Winner. I guess folks disappointed with the new seemingly downgraded Gillette Nacet might want to look to this blade if they want to experience that initially fierce and certainly sharp shave they used to enjoy. Ping @donnie_arko who knows this blade well - just a reminder. Maybe the new Astras have been given an uplift, now they're made in India? Love to try some ...

Tech June-kies ...

Monday 26th June

AJFCJaVNSOeneL8b2j2qaY2J5rIs24AzHur_y9LoVPPjGDcsxn4pCUXIgVrbaZaE4LuUdhs4MND0FiAESG1tl0ZE9slBwUU1ib61H_eKxtuWLMgooyPFj-CwgrHc-VDYLCx-mmU9b9HHS9qcbYHqoDwbCSKDQg=w800

Rolls Razor (Vintage) Shaving Bowl & Ever-Ready 600N Lucite w/Tuxedo Synthetic 26mm
Gillette Tech (British 1940s Ridged Comb) & Gillette Winner (1)
Blue Stratos Aftershave

When my man puts on Blue Stratos ...

Superb shave with the (guessing) 1950s vintage Rolls Razor shaving bowl. What a superb lather! I have no idea who made the actual soap but it's different to what I think is my oldest Cussons and my oldest Culmak. I wonder who made it? Sumptuous!

Cracking shave with this oddity Tech which bears all the hallmarks of the 1940s British flat-bottomed model but with teh ridged comb from the 1950s onwards model. Given the Gillette stamp is on the same part of the baseplate as the 'New' that preceded it rather than on the opposite side of the baseplate as per most such flat-bottomed Techs, I guess it's from the earlier period ... but with the later artefact gives me the idea that Gillette might just have been trying something out and some years later made it standard.

We had a chat about is here: https://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/community/threads/curious-detail-on-this-gillette-tech.52313/

Sharp shave with the Winner. I guess folks disappointed with the new seemingly downgraded Gillette Nacet might want to look to this blade if they want to experience that initially fierce and certainly sharp shave they used to enjoy. Ping @donnie_arko who knows this blade well - just a reminder. Maybe the new Astras have been given an uplift, now they're made in India? Love to try some ...

I'm intrigued by the Indian rebrands of the Astra SP and SS like yourself. Like with hard tallow soaps going out of production, I think it is only a matter of time for Russian Gillettes to go this way too.

I think a few Indian Gillettes go under the radar, the 365 and the 7OC Stainless to be incredibly sharp. It's been a while since I used Winner Platinum, I should dig one out!

26.6.23 Head and face shave

Giles Shaving Bowl
Razor: Leaf (head)
Blade: Astra SP
Razor: Feather AS-D2 (face)
Blade: Astra SP
Brush: Mühle Sophist STF 23mm
Pre-Shave: Lacura Moisturising Face Wash
Lather: Shulton Old Spice
Aftershave: Bart’s Ben Vrackie (Unscented)
Additional Care: Shulton Old Spice

Today would have been my father’s 80th birthday so brought out my 1960s Old Spice soap and aftershave as along with Brut is what he always used. Superb soap and splash and both still have a strong fragrance after all these years.

Back
Top Bottom