SOTD: Saturday 24 June - Friday 30 June 2023.

SOTD: 24th June 2023.

1.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Radox Feel Active Sea Salt & Lemongrass Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Scottish Fine Classic Shaving Soap.
Razor:1940's Thin Handle Gillette Flat Bottom Tech. (ENG) - Chinese Gillette Super Blue. (D1)
Razor: Baili BD 191. (Head/Dome) - Chinese Gillette Super Blue. (D1)

Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Paco Rabanne Pour Homme ASL./Aloe Vera Cooling Gel.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend...I have carried on with my blade focus using the Gillette Super Blue another Chinese made blade in comparison with the Gillette London Bridge i used in my previous shaves. Both blades are pretty much equal in both smoothness and efficiency.

I've went full circle with my vintage Gillette Tech's and returned to using my 1940's vintage flat bottom tech & Kanzy K100 to finish my Gillette tech & clone focus month off.

The simple tech razor design is one of my favourites each of my Tech's are special to me if I had to choose a favourite then it would be the earlier models as i find them to be slightly more efficient depending on the blade choice.

A close comfortable acceptable face and head shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Aloe Vera Cooling Gel.

My face & precious swede are feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Sat 24
Soap & Aftershave RazoRock Puros
Brush Yaqi 26mm Moka Express
Razor Wade & Butcher 13/16 Wedge
Epic lather from the soap/brush combo & together with the matching splash...the scent is wonderfully aromatic.
Had a very pleasurable shave with this heavyweight razor after being refreshed again on the HBA. Stropped on the roo leather, the edge feels buttery smooth and crisp...
20230624_120426.jpg

20230619_162816.jpg

My Shave today consisted of the exact same set up as it's been all week.
Prep Proraso preshave balm
Brush Highlander Black brush.
Soap Mitchell's Wool Fat.
Razors Gillette Aluminium and Zamac Candy cane handle Tech and the Leaf.
Blade Gillette Black Winner.
Aftershave Balm Nivea post shave balm.
Still lovely weather here and I am loving it.
Enjoy the weekend everyone.

Last edited:
SOTD 20230624.
0Nkol6u.jpg

Noxzema "Classic" pre-shave cream.
Semogue SOC.
Castle Forbes "Lime Essential Oil" shaving cream.
Design94 "Titanium SpaCe" razor.
Personna Lab Blue (2).
Golonya "Lemon" EdC.

Mailcall/SotD-24/06/23.

The Mailcall was from yesterday a lovely little Vintage drop.
Mint Restored Gillette Fatboy (1959).

Was awake really early this morning as it was hot & humid & never seemed to get dark ⭐️.

Pre: - Warm Shower/Hot Face Towel
Razor: - Gillette Fatboy (1959) 5&3
Blade: - Lord Platinum (New)
Brush: - S.O.C. 'Mistura' Mix Knot (24mm)
Soap: - Wickhams Shamrock Tweed
EdP: - Green Irish Tweed.

Super Smooth Two Pass Shave. The No.5 setting was the perfect start point as recommended by Mark Warren cheers mate .

Happy Shaves To All & Enjoy Your Weekend.

20230624_070626.jpg20230624_072338.jpg20230624_072737.jpg

IMG_2025.jpeg
SOTD: 24/06/2023

Razor: Wolfman WR4
Blade: Feather Pro, 1st use
Brush: Highlander “Azzuri” Custom Brush Boti 4th Gen Pink 3 Color Synthetic Knot
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Master Soap Creations/Pasteurs Pharmacy Bloom Puck
Balm: L’Oréal All In 1 Moisturising Cream Balm
Fragrance: Add Al Zaafaran Oud 24 Hours EdP

Obviously this is my first day’s use with the Wolfman WR4 prototype head and it’s really too early to make a final judgement, plus you guys know I have a tendency to fall in love with shiny new things but… I think I’m in love with this shiny new thing! I know some dislike the size and shape of the head but it hits my sweet spot perfectly. Only a little blade feel, but incredibly close, I’d say this feels exactly hitting the tightrope between the Stando Rod/ATT SE1 and Vector. These are very different AC razors the first set being super comfortable and smooth with a little less efficiency, the Vector is a bit of a beast efficiency wise and I’ve come to the conclusion that I can only use it one or two days in a row as it feels like it cuts that little too close at times and verges on skin scraper levels. The WR4 and I know this is day one seems to almost be as efficient as the Vector without, (so far) any skin tightness/rawness. The true test will be the next subsequent days and how it feels after multiple shaves but on my first use I achieved an almost complete glass like BBS shave with no irritation.
I used my Shield Avenger titanium handle to act as a counter balance the light aluminium head, and it’s rare I find light razors effective for me but this wasn’t an issue here. I can see the steel version being great too though I hope it doesn’t make it a difference to how closely it shaves as this really is well balanced and spot on.
Finally I usually find my Feather pro blades a tad harsh on the first use or two, and this head turned them buttery smooth.
Tomorrow will be a real test to see how my skin copes in the interim and for the the next shave bit so far so excellent.
My positive outlook isn’t even down to the fact it’s a hallowed Wolfman either. I tried the recent passaround of the new Guerrilla and didn’t think much of it as it was far too mild for my liking.
Many thanks to @Scorpio93 for organising the passaround, Wolfman and @Crossan for posting it safely.

24 June

Barrister’s Reserve Fern
Cadman M55
Henson Al13 M
Personna med prep
Floïd Mentolado Vigoroso

6147321C-0513-42E4-8D8F-532148AA8A9F.jpeg
A wonderful two pass shave this morning, so easy with the Henson razor. The lather was a little thin today but sufficient for the two passes, probably should have loaded a little longer. The Floïd brings just the right amount of menthol to a warm morning. Good stuff.

SOTD 24-June
20230623_163836.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Finned' V14
Soap: A&E The Novelist
Razor: CG Gen 1 Lvl 2
Blade: Wizamet

Cracking shave today, my favourite set, possibly one of my favourite brushes and an excellent level 2 plate. I could possibly do with it being just a touch more aggressive but it is more than capable and certainly comfortable. I'll be keeping my eye out of one comes available at some point.

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

24/06/23
Pre - Droyt's Classic Glycerose Soap
Brush - AP400B Slim Brass 22mm Silvertip Synth
Soap - Faena Dorica
Razor - Lambda Athena
Blade - Bic Astor (Ελ.)
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Kilbreck - Neroli, Rosemary & Jasmine
A/S - Pashana Original
Wk 26 (1).jpg
A new Astor Ελ. blade for the wonderful Athena, i also dug out the Faena soap, its been a while.
The AP 24 brush picked up massive amounts of soaps, i forgot how easy this soap was to load. I face lathered and had to add copious amount of water and ended up with enough slick goodness to complete 5 passes.
Again the Blade seemed to "pull" (maybe that's not the right term) on the first few strokes and made the Razor feel a bit edgy, however by the time i got to the ATG pass it was as smooth as silk.
2 Passes for an easy BBS finish.
I did enjoy that.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Saturday 24th June

Soap • Stirling Ozark Mountain
Brush • Yaqi Purple Haze Mew Brown
Razor • Feather ACSR-NB
Blade • Kai Protouch MG (5)
Post • Superdrug Forest Fresh Aftershave

I was about to start my shave, and there was a knock at the door . . . . My new glasses were delivered! I opted for two things I hadn't before - a designer frame - and Photochromic lenses. . . . . So I now have a rather trendy pair of Ray Ban 'Steve' prescription glasses that double as 'sunnies'. They fit like a glove, and do what they're supposed to - this makes me a happy GOW!
The shave went well (as expected with tried and tested gear)

Enjoy your weekend everyone

Last edited:
bpYQcG5.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glicerlanolina Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Rooney 1/3 Super Silvertip Badger
Soap: Abbate y La Mantia Krokos
Razor: Wolfman WR-1
Blade: Vintage NOS German-packaged Wilkinson Sword Light Brigade (9)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Reuzel Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Abbate y La Mantia Garibaldi EdC

Sometimes a shaving soap with a big price tag and reputation can disappoint.

Not this.

Haslinger honey soap
AP Shave Co 24mm Synbad
Gibbs 15 adjustable
Gillette Silver Blue #1
Bulldog moisturiser

Decided to have another run with the Gibbs so fitted a new notched Gillette into the razor and set it in 4 and left it there for the entire shave. Shaved after a shower after getting up of night shift (one more to do tonight) the Haslinger is terrific for the low price, shave easy and close followed by a light application of the moisturiser which contains a SPF15.

Back
Top Bottom