SOTD: Saturday 24 June - Friday 30 June 2023.

SOTD 24-June
View attachment 107875
Brush: C&H 'Finned' V14
Soap: A&E The Novelist
Razor: CG Gen 1 Lvl 2
Blade: Wizamet

Cracking shave today, my favourite set, possibly one of my favourite brushes and an excellent level 2 plate. I could possibly do with it being just a touch more aggressive but it is more than capable and certainly comfortable. I'll be keeping my eye out of one comes available at some point.

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc
The level 3 is excellent for a few days growth but I prefer the level 2.
It's a shame your razor doesn't fit the newer plates or I would have been happy to send over mine to try.

Haven't used the C&E Sienna for a long time. A great shaving soap.
Sputnik are one of my favourite blades but I don't have a huge amount of them so I only break them out every now and then.

Rating: 4.5 / 5

Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89
Blade: Sputnik
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite Stygian Synthetic
Lather: Crabtree and Evelyn Sienna
Aftershave: Boots Freshwood https://shavingbuddies.com/shave/649720fe7561cd6e4045e1ec

Tech June-kies ...

Saturday 24th June

AJFCJaXOqTZPU7HF1zpu-FDJjXN_igjiOlWcINhqty5xMXEkuC8yN7H4V2GQKWVtJhK2ghaICUBVHyS2s15iK8wzx5wSQMpZuIw3uf6xNPRyGXeStG-bvNdCK_oKiBAOupuKTVo85v61SySYhl7E7su1imPMpQ=w800

Tabac (Veg) Shaving Soap & Omega 10106 Pure Bristle
Gillette Open Comb Tech (1960s British) & Gillette Rhino (1)
Tabac Cologne (as Aftershave)

Tabac was such a good choice for a hot day like today ... not.

Still, highly enjoyable shave with this open comb Gillette Tech continuing my run through the Tech model and specifically the 1960s this week.

24.6.23. Head and face shave

Razor: Leaf (head)
Blade: Astra SP
Razor: Blackland Era (Level 4 SB)
Blade: Astra SP
Brush: Yaqi 24mm HMW Silvertip
Pre-Shave: Lacura Moisturising Face Wash
Lather: Geo F Trumper Rose (Vintage)
Aftershave: Barts Ben Vrackie Unscented
Additional Care: Witch Hazel, Glycerin, Aloe Vera Gel, Peppermint, Lavender and Tea Tree Essential Oils
Fragrance: Arran Aromatics Machrie EDT

Wonderful lather and scent from Trumpers Rose, complimented nicely by the EDT. The Arran Aromatics Machrie EDT is becoming by favourite summer scent, lovely.

SOTD: 25th June 2023.

2.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Radox Feel Active Sea Salt & Lemongrass Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 10066
Face Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: La Toja Shave Stick.
Blade: Chinese Gillette Super Blue. (D2)
Razor: 1940's Thin Handle Gillette Flat Bottom Tech. (ENG)

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Floid Mentolado Vigoroso ASL./ Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB.

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

The La Toja shave stick which provided a wonderful slick protective lather in a short space of time enough for the full shave without re-applying the stick to my face, leaving a great post shave feel.

A enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB.

Finishing to the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Sun 25 New & Freshly Honed Razor
Soap & Aftershave Lothur Dave
Brush Yaqi 24mm Robin Clear Handle
Razor Joh Engstrom Eskilstuna 1st Use
Super rich, creamy, slick lather & together with the matching splash the scent is light and pleasant.
1st shave with my 1st Swedish razor. Freshly honed & finished on the HBA + roo leather, the edge is soft smooth, and crisp. Beautiful looking bevel. My 3rd successful hone. Enjoyed 3 passes for a bbs-dfs finish...
20230625_125608.jpg

Back
Top Bottom