SOTD: Saturday 22 - Friday 28 October 2022

Thu 27
Soap Phoenix & Beau Spitfire
Brush Spiffo Manchurian
Razor Gillette Single Ring
Blade Eddison Stainless Steel 2nd
Aftershaves Phoenix & Beau Spitfire Splash
I like this soap for its unique scent which is accentuated by the matching splash...easily whip-up into a good enough lather by the softest badger in my collection...nice!
Today, with my oldest DE paired with the smooth blade provided an excellent shave session. Truly...a blade does make a huge difference. Dolphin smooth finish!
20221027_093349.jpg

SOTD: 27th October 2022.

4.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Lynx Africa Squeezed Mandarin & Sandalwood Body Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Semogue 1438.
Bowl Lather.
Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: HWF Lanolin Shaving Soap (No.2) with Tea Tree & Lavender essential oils.
Blade: Bolzano Superinox Inossidable. (D4)
Razor: 1970's Aluminium Handle Gillette Tech. (ENG)

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. / Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. /Brut ASL + Splash-On Lotion. /Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

Greetings,

Early Morning Shave,

Finishing my shaving week off with a comfortable close shave.

Final outing of the Bolzano S.I. which has been the star performer of all my shaves throughout the week and has paired together with each razor.

I feel as though I could easily get another 2 shaves from these blades, but I'll put it into retirement as I have a vast amount of other DE blades to contend with.

The longevity & sharpness of them has really impressive throughout the week.

An enjoyable 2 pass + pick-ups shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

The Brut duo was a great early morning tonic for my mature rhino skin.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

SOTD 27-Oct
20221024_130630.jpg
Brush: Boti Chubby 30mm
Soap: B&M Electric Mayhem
Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: 7 O'Clock SP (2)

Nice shave this morning, still haven't quite tamed this brush, few more goes should beat it onto submission. So a good close finish and ready for the day, especially as its a day off tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

CC43FA1D-2759-4925-95E0-42FC05EE261C.jpeg
SOTD: 27/10/2022

Razor: Shield Avenger
Blade: Feather Pro, 1st use
Brush: Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Tabac Original Puck
Balm: PAA Star Jelly Astra Planeta Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

I was really nervous about trying this relatively unknown new razor but on my first shave I’m thankful as it’s a real winner! It’s slightly more aggressive and more efficient than my Claymore and Excalibur, but smooth, (not as much as the Claymore but still great). The ever glossy and slick Tabac prepped my face well and thought I could definitely feel the blade more, (marginally) than my other SE’s it never felt like it would bite. The weight just seems great, normal I prefer heavier razors but this was nicely in the middle Goldilocks style, not too light or heavy. The head got under the nose and on my hard to tame neck area with ease. Though as l say there is some blade feel, the post shave feel is amazing and glad like on my jaw line and softer/flabby neck area! Many thanks @jphelan81 its a winner and keeper! Now I need to decide what is leaving the den for it to replace!

27/10/22
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Silver Birch Brushes - Cocobolo Silvertip
Soap - OSP Old Gold
Razor - Blutt BR-1 - 0.86
Blade - Gillette Perma - sharp
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Proraso Red
A/S - Barbour "2016" EDT
Wk 43 (6).JPG
Not a lot to go at after yesterdays shave, i am so glad i did not chance that 3rd pass.
Starting with a light soap loading and a face full of badger I had plenty of lather for the planned 2 pass shave.
I went in for an ATG 1st pass, the Perma-sharp still feeling really smooth in the Blutt, the second pass was more like a buffing pass mainly XTG for and easy, very comfortable BBS finish, I do like this razor a lot.
A nice post shave routine with a last minute change of the splash from Proraso red to the Barbour, all very nice.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Last edited:
27 October

Pannacrema Nuàvia Blu
Semogue SOC Taj
Karve Christopher Bradley
Gillette Silver Blue
Signature Soaps Hibernia splash

15B839E1-300A-4E23-8E17-77F689F4C1B0.jpeg
The Semogue brush is feeling softer on the face, but still has some way to go before it carries enough lather for two passes. The Pannacrema soap is gorgeous, so who cares about returning to the soap for a second pass? The Karve on the other hand is well bedded in since I added the E plate and it is acquiring a lovely patina. It also does a wicked two pass shave with a GSB, close and really comfortable. Great start to the day.

27/10/22

Pre - Palmolive Sea Minerals
Brush - Yaqi Plissoft 22mm
Soap - Cella Bio Croap
Razor - Ball End Tech
Blade - Dorco Titan (2)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - La Rive Cabana

I'm not entirely sure why but it seems Cella Bio seems to go under the radar a little, I'm entirely sure why, it produces a very nice lather, it has a nice mild citrus scent, sits on the face well and has a good amount of slickness and cushion.
2nd shave with the Dorco Titan, it's not a bad blade but not a top tier one either.

Back
Top Bottom