SOTD: Saturday 22 - Friday 28 October 2022

SOTD 20221028.
XZXtARM.jpg

3P "La Crema Prodigio" pre-shave cream.
OUMO Brush SHD G5 SYN.
Scheermonnik "Delfts Wit" shaving soap.
Homelikeshaving "START" 0.90 OC / Stork "Templar" handle.
Sputnik Teflon (2).
Wars "Classic" EdC.

Possibly because the single plate version, the 2C, with the 1+3 plate gave users the choice of a very mild & a middle aggression choice?

I read that cause the steps are so subtle they put the lower ones 2 apart so you could flip the plates and get a good step up or down , the 5/6 is not an everyday shave so that is better as a subtle step. I read it on a forum and the person claimed to have asked Rockwell

Very plausible reasons indeed!
Thank you both

Friday October 28, 2022
Razor: Homage Gibbs Adjustable by Heritage Collection Shaving
Blade: Wizamet
Brush: SV 2.0 Cocobolo/Badger
Soap: HCSC FNL
AS 1: Alcoholado Eucaliptino 70
AS 2: CHH Tobacco
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,452

2nd day with the Homage Gibbs by Heritage Colections. They could have saved everyone a lot of headache including themselves with a little followthru but it all shakes out in the end. A little loosening of the connections and turning the baseplate 180 degrees and all works as intended now. 2 minute video shows the quick fix for it. Set it on 6 and got a smooth comfortable shave with great efficiency. I think for the money they did an outstanding job and will no doubt sell a boat load of these for those that want a Gibbs shave without modifying a blade to use an Original Gibbs. Recovery Friday off for me and hope all have a SFD, Stupid Fun Day !
IMG_20221028_062818643.jpg

Sotd 28/10

Pre shave: PAA cube
Soap: AA shaving Quiesco
Splash: AA shaving Quiesco
Balm: the groom room essential

Bowl: wet the face
Brush: Boti 30mm synthetic
Razor: karve stainless OC-D plate
Blade: feather stainless 3rd use

Scent notes: cedarwood blackwood ,florazone Amber, coffee, maritima sylvamber oakmoss

Afternoon folks had a great shave earlier didn't post the sotd last week as was out for a early wedding anniversary meal with the wife so just had a quick shave Hardware wise using the same as last Friday the feather blade in the karve works really well.

Went with Quiesco from aa shaving today and yeah interesting scent I get a woody fresh forest scent on it from the tub when lathering the scent changes slightly for me I think it gets slightly warmer might be the Amber I don't get any coffee scent in the soap at all but when opening the splash its the first scent I get which is very nice and nice way to finish the soap performed really well and gave a great lather also nice touch is a soap pick included i bowl lather so was a plus for me
Have a great weekend

20221028_114458.jpg20221028_114247.jpg20221028_114543.jpg20221028_114814.jpg20221028_114806.jpg

Fri 28th October
First SOTD of the Week

Stirling Syn 26mm
MWF
Claymore Evolution
Feather Proguard ( 6 )
Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

My short break spoilt a bit as I got a weird case of Trapped Wind, quite painful and a new experience for me. My first Shave for 3 days so concentrated on getting a good working Lather and ensured that I did not rush.Must have been one of my longest Shaves, but the reward was a “ Face Stroking “ finish.

C7D18E9F-A34C-4784-81F3-B545E090DA98.jpeg

Friday

Seeing as I have received the samples that I ordered from shave dash and I see the 'conversion' to the fat posts, today was Mitchell's Wool Fat, first time use and I must say that I am impressed. Super lather, facilitated a great shave with the Slim + vintage Perma sharp on 7,5 for a 2 pass DFS.

I would have done a third just so I could use the lather I had, but time was pressing and I had a shit-load to get done, so I reluctantly rinsed the spare away.

No pic as it's a sample packet and I've used the other kit this week anyway!

Have a good end to the week all

28 October

Martin de Candre Original
Simpson Duke 3
Karve Christopher Bradley
Gillette Silver Blue
Village Barber balm

02B2C8A0-46E0-4D04-9141-F69F2AC86953.jpeg
A slight retouch to remove dent in MdC lid and it looks nearly perfect. A wonderful lather this morning and the Simpson did a great job face lathering. The Karve, though, seems a little less close than yesterday, but still good enough for a close and comfortable shave. Happy shaves.

28/10/22

Pre - Palmolive Sea Minerals
Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Tuxedo
Soap - Signature Soaps Eboracum
Razor - Yaqi DOC
Blade - Dorco Titan (3)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - La Rive Brutal Classic

The blade felt fairly smooth in the razor but a few hours after the shave my face feels very itchy, a few ingrowns as well. I think I had a little too much water in the brush as the lather was a bit on the thin side of things, I think I prefer using smaller brushes now, I get more control of hydrating the lather.

Have a good Friday gents.

So, as my wife is Dutch we decided a trip to Holland to meet up with her folks was required.
Travel from Gatwick to Schipol was really easy and on time. Only had cabin bags but unfortunately as I had packed a 150ml deodorant when limit is 100ml it was taken away. My fault. However, of course I bought an identical 150ml from Boots store in departures, go figure.
Rijksmuseum this afternoon what a truly wonderful collection of treasures, including the stern piece from the British flagship HMS King Charles which was captured in 1667 when the Dutch Navy under De Ruyter trashed the British fleet at Chatham. Good thing we’re all friends now, so perhaps our present King Charles can ask for it back?
Have a Fijn weekend mannen!

Flaretip, travel brush, ToOBS sandalwood, Rituals Ritual of samurai balm

D7CB4DC6-1429-4661-81AF-093D9D33F014.jpeg9A1E3C8D-BBCC-4432-9E0A-9DE58F7C282F.jpeg
Rijksmuseum Amsterdam

SOTD 85.JPG

Soap – Wholly Kaw King of Oud ( sample )
Brush – Omega Evo 2.0
Razor – Occam’s
Blade – ProGuard (4)
A/S & Balm - Proraso Red
EDT – YSL M7

A lovely smelling soap this.
I got 4 samples from Maggards with this and Abbate Krokos being my picks of the bunch, both of which I’ve found to be top drawer in scent and performance.
You can pick a multitude of soaps without being overly impressed by any of them so finding two out of four that really hit the mark is a welcome bonus.
The Oud here isn’t dirty or resinous and it's nicely blended with some fresh, sweet and light floral notes. Really lovely and spot on for the cooler months ahead.

This was a thoroughly enjoyable, easy shave and a couple of points about the razor came to my attention.
It’s not something I picked up on before but for some reason it was very noticeable today just how smooth it was ATG. Maybe my technique’s improved or maybe I’ve just not paid close attention. I don’t know, but a positive finding in any case.

I also realised that I enjoy shaving with Occam’s in a more carefree manner.
The larger SE head gives a different dimension and feel from DE and by covering a lot more area it feels natural to me to just go with the flow rather than stick with the usual methodical 3 passes and pickups. It's had no detrimental effect on results and a free for all is quite a refreshing change.

Enjoy the weekend everyone !

Friday 28th October

AL9nZEVQrdPZNr01ozRd6sCHwAcmxLgsttTK_qbh_gDflIEeR1wak-xDOoL5Vu4bHFKhIkdOAvhA2bs9U3KaGT77X-c05fDHYdekwPmrDSc7DX6A_C9KAAwPHRNE1DU1T0mCLLQYk2FlPsI4LjmhSSTgHNlitQ=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Godrej Shaving Round & HJM Professional w/G5B Synthetic 24mm
GEM Contour II (B2 Model) & GEM by Personna (5)
Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve Aftershave Cologne

Like the Featherweight yesterday is somehow less refined than the Natural Angle despite ostensibly the same head, the Contour is somehow milder than the Featherweight. It's still a good razor and in many respects, like the late Gillette Tech compared to earlier eras. The long curved handle makes for a good angle which gives an efficient shave.

Enjoyed considerably, so much so I pressed on for a second pass.

AL9nZEUApXNGNuSg2IXA_PqDOJpfIbRoYcglW7wrEoNLiYeFpuVxnFEWgew7f6v9MI5gDsSCxXNDI8YdeDVzVbuVW6H_0Cq4mpZbp2IQwjwQBW6kXdPCv80WLxTEC-xAfgBVEjeF__x6sAQaXSSBGICFWSNgtQ=w800

My final entry for this week and one themed, 'Dull'

20221028_173933.jpg

:sleep: Razor - Stainless Mongoose
:rolleyes: Blade - Feather Super Professional
:oops: Brush - Steven Jagger 30mm Cashmere
:whistle: Soap - Officina Artigiana
:censored: Scent - Captain Fawcett's Maharajah

'God this man is monotonously boring'

Dull? Certainly not the shave which was par excellence and just so damn smooth. In fact a most wonderful end to this week.

Dull, because I can't be bothered to say anything else outside of enjoy the select Japanese girlies for today and have a most superb weekend you lovely people.

Back
Top Bottom