SOTD: Saturday 22 - Friday 28 October 2022

Thursday AM 2022-10-27
National Cranky Co-Worker Day
a3cU7MK.jpg

Rooney 3/1 Ebony Finest (22/48)
Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet shaving soap (tallow)
Paradigm 17-4
Iridium Super (7)
Davidoff Cool Water aftershave

In my medical practice, I had 6 women working for me. There is nothing I can say about cranky co-workers that won't get me in trouble.
l97ftHP.jpg

As a mather of fact does anyone know why Rockwell decided to go 1-3, 2-4 and 5-6 for their plates?
I'm glad you pointed this out - it's not just me then? Why is it that way? Engineering constraints or deliberate choice? It slightly bothers me, I'm not sure why. Either way - a razor that most should have in their arsenal. Effortlessly good. It looks great in the solid colours. Cheers - I.

I'm glad you pointed this out - it's not just me then? Why is it that way? Engineering constraints or deliberate choice? It slightly bothers me, I'm not sure why. Either way - a razor that most should have in their arsenal. Effortlessly good. It looks great in the solid colours. Cheers - I.
Possibly because the single plate version, the 2C, with the 1+3 plate gave users the choice of a very mild & a middle aggression choice?

I read that cause the steps are so subtle they put the lower ones 2 apart so you could flip the plates and get a good step up or down , the 5/6 is not an everyday shave so that is better as a subtle step. I read it on a forum and the person claimed to have asked Rockwell

Thursday 27th October

AL9nZEVQrdPZNr01ozRd6sCHwAcmxLgsttTK_qbh_gDflIEeR1wak-xDOoL5Vu4bHFKhIkdOAvhA2bs9U3KaGT77X-c05fDHYdekwPmrDSc7DX6A_C9KAAwPHRNE1DU1T0mCLLQYk2FlPsI4LjmhSSTgHNlitQ=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Godrej Shaving Round & HJM Professional w/G5B Synthetic 24mm
GEM Featherweight & GEM by Personna (4)
Pinaud Clubman Classic Vanilla Aftershave Lotion

Short run through a few of the later ASR razor, tonight the Featherweight ...

Easily as capable as the 1912 although not as classy as the Natural Angle of ostensibly the same design which I used last night. Enjoyed nevertheless.

On to the Contour tomorrow.

AL9nZEUApXNGNuSg2IXA_PqDOJpfIbRoYcglW7wrEoNLiYeFpuVxnFEWgew7f6v9MI5gDsSCxXNDI8YdeDVzVbuVW6H_0Cq4mpZbp2IQwjwQBW6kXdPCv80WLxTEC-xAfgBVEjeF__x6sAQaXSSBGICFWSNgtQ=w800

I read that cause the steps are so subtle they put the lower ones 2 apart so you could flip the plates and get a good step up or down , the 5/6 is not an everyday shave so that is better as a subtle step. I read it on a forum and the person claimed to have asked Rockwell
That makes sense - as does what @Paul L said above. I shall sleep slightly better tonight. Thank you both. :) - I.

And tonight's theme goes to @Paul L And yes, 'I think I'm turning Japanese'

20221027_161830.jpg

Shonen knife - Ikon B1
Band Maid blade - Polsilver Lodz
Otoboke Beaver Brush - AP Shaving 24mm Cashmere
The Soap - Signature Soaps Londinium
Perfume - Abbate Y Mantia Krokos Cologne

And there is indeed a Japanese lady band called The Soap.....

'I love this Satanfriendly man. He is so fucking unfunny'

A shave using a bunch of my own personal classics resulting in a classic finish. Even if I did nick my chin. It was one of those cuts I felt was going to happen, but being numb to sensibility I continued. And paid for it. Bring on the classic Dr Styptic. Job done. Fucking nick not a bloody nick.

Here's your chance to turn Japanese by forcefully enjoying a band I fail to enjoy. Intriguing if anything.....

Razor = Feather AS-D2
Blade = Voskhod ( 1 )
Brush = Blood Oath By Rich Man Shaving
Soap = OSP Grapefruit & Menthol
Splash = Myrsol Blue
Balm = Baxter Of California

9A34A89A-9CC6-42CC-AB84-0D41EB9C87BF.jpegBrilliant shave to day
3 passes of luxurious lather with the wonderful OSP.
This soap was a bst buy on here & it came with the matching splash but i forgot & used the myrsol lol
Tube i know lol
The Brush was an ebay buy and im very pleased with it.
ffs i’m starting to sound like David Dickinson from the real deal :ROFLMAO:
Anyway i have no idea what the knot is.
The seller reckoned it was a V2 Innovator but i don’t think it is, the innovator as far as i know is half badger half synthetic.
so iv emailed Rich to get the full low down.
88A12350-8069-4E71-98D6-D30AFC3FD691.jpeg
Enjoy the rest of the week lads
and as usual stay safe

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom