SOTD: Saturday 22 - Friday 28 October 2022

20221026_135044.jpg
My Shave today consisted of...
Prep Edwin Jagger pre shave lotion.
Brush Yaqi Aqua Blue 24mm Knot.
Soap Gentlemens Face Care Club premium shaving cream.
Razors Leaf and a Kropp 8/8th Straight razor.
Bowl Captains Choice Obsidian Copper Bowl.
Blade Derby Extra.
Aftershave john paul gaultier

A nice shave today with my Kropp 8/8th after I was inspired by a SOTD post on here and it's close to Halloween so why not shave with something that resembles Michael Myers machete lol
It's the first time out with this cream and have to say for a little you get an awful lot of lather built into the bowl, so a real bargain for the price paid.
I think I have found my favourite brush size and knot as I always seem to end up reaching for this one and I will have to pick up another of the same size but in Badger to see.
A quick blast over my head with the Leaf and a bath in Aftershave and now I look amazing and smell fabulous.
Have an great night everyone.

Wednesday 26th October

AL9nZEVQrdPZNr01ozRd6sCHwAcmxLgsttTK_qbh_gDflIEeR1wak-xDOoL5Vu4bHFKhIkdOAvhA2bs9U3KaGT77X-c05fDHYdekwPmrDSc7DX6A_C9KAAwPHRNE1DU1T0mCLLQYk2FlPsI4LjmhSSTgHNlitQ=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Godrej Shaving Round & HJM Professional w/G5B Synthetic 24mm
Ever-Ready Natural Angle Deluxe & GEM by Personna (3)
Pinaud Clubman Original Aftershave Lotion

Short run through a few of the later ASR razor, tonight the Natural Angle ...

With a slight tweak of the head compared to the Flying Wing, there is more blade exposure on the Natural Angle and razor thereafter but a smooth and comfortable shave nevertheless. You can see from the pictured razors that this head was maintained through the Featherweight and onto the late model, the Contour. Yes, there's the Push-Button as well but I don't particularly like the mechanism of the Push-Button and so it was not one I bought again after selling off all my non-1912s a few years ago. Worth noting that the first Contour had a push-button mechanism.

Super! Featherwright tomorrow ... Contour on Friday.

AL9nZEUApXNGNuSg2IXA_PqDOJpfIbRoYcglW7wrEoNLiYeFpuVxnFEWgew7f6v9MI5gDsSCxXNDI8YdeDVzVbuVW6H_0Cq4mpZbp2IQwjwQBW6kXdPCv80WLxTEC-xAfgBVEjeF__x6sAQaXSSBGICFWSNgtQ=w800

You are most welcome - I'm pleased you liked the song.
I'm aware that a lot of you chaps won't appreciate the songs I tag on to my SOTD posts, but if I can bring new or different music to some peoples ears I have done something good.

Can you bring some new Japanese girlies in to the world?

A shave from the dark side brought to you in glorious dark techni-monochrome. One themed, 'Darth Shaver'

20221026_120505.jpg

Darth Razor - Occams Enoch
Chewblader - Feather Super Professional
Jabba the brush - Zenith dark synthetic
Soapy-Wan Kenobi - Bath House Cuban Cedar and Lime
Jar Jar Balm - L'Occitane Cade
'Big cock Satan Mr Friendly you are'

A long time ago in a Ford Galaxy far far away

burnt-out-ford-galaxy-mpv-233815897.jpg
(The Death Car)

It is a period of uncivil beards. Rebel facial bristles, growing from previously clean faces, have won their first victory against the Galactic Shaving Emporium.

During the battle, bearded spies managed to steal secret plans to the Emporium’s ultimate weapon, the BST and shaving soaps with enough lather to destroy an entire full set.

Pursued by the Emporium’s sinister customers, Princess Boycie races home aboard the No.9 bus, custodian of the stolen shaving accoutrements that can save her people and restore clean faces to the shaving galaxy…

Did you ever actually shave today?

Well, indeed I did. And quite a smashing one it was. A couple of days growth and a need to pick me up after a couple of stupidly long nights. What a better way to deal with it all than the Enoch paired with a super professional. Quite an aggressive little set up which needs a kids glove approach, but shit, does it work wonders, with no facial damage to note. Although I was born with an ugly damaged face which it fails to improve upon.

I still swear if you haven't tried The Bath House shaving soaps, go on, treat yourself. Easily lathered with the Zenith and easily face lathered. A face full of rich lather makes a nice job of hiding my ugliness if only momentarily until removed with the Enoch.

End results though being a very welcome and refreshing bit of 'me time'. Lovely.

Hope your week's are going fine and I love you all.

Have some Japanese ladies to prove it....

Back
Top Bottom