SOTD: Saturday 22 - Friday 28 October 2022

Wednesday 26th October
Claymore Evo - Feather Pro #3 - Hampshire Wool Fat No2 - Jayaruh 289 - Old Spice AS - Aloe Vera Gel
Wf2kjji.jpg

Prep: Face wash with Simple face wash
Pre: Bart's PreShave
Razor: Rockwell 6S (5)
Blade: Gillette Nacet (4)
Brush: Alpha Outlaw
S Soap: MSC - Nordic Croco

Lovely shave! Went down to plate 5 on the 6S for the last week or so and there isn't much difference in the end result compared to 6 plate. It's useful that 5 and 6 are on the same plate and can just turn over the baseplate instead of reaching for another baseplate all together. As a mather of fact does anyone know why Rockwell decided to go 1-3, 2-4 and 5-6 for their plates?
Soap was really good. I'm familiar with MSC as I have other soaps from them including Yaqi soaps which are also made by MSC.
For Davidoff - Cool Water lovers out there just to know this soap/splash combo delivers a very accurate scent representation.

SOTD.jpeg

26 October

PAA Soltice
Plisson synthetic
Tatara Nodachi
Personna med prep
Bart’s Balm Ben Kilbreck

5079809A-50EC-4594-91C7-65872CA67C13.jpeg
A good shave this morning. The Plisson created a lovely creamy lather with the PAA soap in no time. This is the older PAA soap not the CK-6 formula, but it’s definitely a top soap, in my opinion. The Personna blade still feels sharp and is giving a smooth shave, but I feel like using a different razor tomorrow.

26/10/22
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Vintage Bone handle badger
Soap - OSP No. 08
Razor - Ever ready 1924 shovel head
Blade - GEM PTFE S/S
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood and Patchouli Argan Oil and Balm
A/S - OSP No.08
You don't see the elusive 1924 for a while, then, just like Buses a bunch come along together.
Wk 43 (5).JPG
I had to go for another blood test earlier today, therefore, i decided to shave afterwards to ensure there was enough left for the nurse as the 1924 can cause a little bloodletting if not respected.
I got this vintage brush with a Gillette Single Ring travel set, its the same size as the Wee Scot but boy it has much more backbone and scrub. I made a lather on top of the tub in no time moving to face painting and working it on the chin dipping the tips as i went, Brilliant little brush. Saying that, like the Wee Scot it will not travel far as i would hate to loose it.
I fitted the "banded" GEM to the 1924 today and it provided no fitting issues.
The WTG pass was very close, no pressure and finding the cutting angle just off the cap with the head flat to the face, you also have to remember to give the razor a shake to remove collected rinse water in the head, in my experience it can pre-wash the lather away from the blade edge if you don't. I completed an ATG pass and could feel it was a close shave on the rinse off. I could have buffed the cheeks XTG but did not think chasing a BBS finish with this very efficient fellow would be worth the sting. No errors to report.
A nice post shave routine with a bit indication from the splash for a very enjoyable shave.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Last edited:
E8B097FA-3174-428E-B44E-97909EA68757.jpeg
SOTD: 26/10/2022

Razor: Yaqi Excalibur
Blade: Feather Pro, 2nd use
Brush: Yaqi Napoli
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Master Soap Creations Night On The Town Puck
Aftershave: Jean Paul Gautier Le Male
Balm: L’Oréal All In 1 Moisturising Cream Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

Despite this soap drying to an interesting colour, (I’m not sure if it’s on the turn but it’s the only soap I’ve got that seems to have changed colour and consistency) it’s still producing an amazing lather and scent so I’m going to take it as being fine for now! They shave was smoother than the day before as I’ve found Feather Pro’s better on their second use on. Over all a lovely shave from my old favourite JPG scented soap and the little Yaqi.
Enjoy your day guys!

SOTD 84.JPG

Soap – Mammoth Almond Leather
Brush – C&H V16
Razor – Rocnel Sailor 2022
Blade – GSB (3)
A/S – Vintage Imperial Leather
Balm – Lea 3in1
EDP – Molinard Cuir

I’m getting very close to finding the optimum angle and pressure with this razor now. It’s quite a hefty lump ( but not imbalanced or unwieldy )
and I’ve been too heavy handed in previous shaves hence the added burn and weepers suffered.
I kept it on #4 throughout and no pressure whatsoever on the razor and short deliberate strokes. Not a hint of burn nor a weeper in sight and a near BBS result today. I can’t argue with that.

Enjoy the rest of your day all !

Wednesday 26th October

Simpson Special in Best - Mitchell's Wool Fat - Focus R48 Slim Al/Treet New Steel - Denim Musk AS

The 'Special' was my first ever Simpson Brush....small in size but BIG in performance.
3 passes for a very nice result :)

The rest of the day has been spent trying to source a new car. Mrs C has a car which is currently in limp mode to be repaired next week. She borrowed mine yesterday and 'broke it'. I was intending to trade it in next week anyway but yesterdays shenanigans have left it economically non viable for repair and it is only suitable for the breaker's yard.

Tuesday 25th October

Soap • Stirling Gentleman
Brush • Yaqi Moka Express 24mm Synthetic
Razor • Rockwell 6C R4
Blade • Gillette Silver Blue (3)
Post • Stirling Gentleman Balm

I'm impressed with Stirling soap and Balm.
The scent from them is very pleasing too.
Rockwell 6C is a pleasure to use, and gets the job done without fuss or drama.

No photo - but have some Massive Waggons instead

You can’t beat rock guitar played with strong back beat. Love it! Video pretty awesome too! Thanks for sharing (y)

You can’t beat rock guitar played with strong back beat. Love it! Video pretty awesome too! Thanks for sharing (y)
You are most welcome - I'm pleased you liked the song.
I'm aware that a lot of you chaps won't appreciate the songs I tag on to my SOTD posts, but if I can bring new or different music to some peoples ears I have done something good.

Back
Top Bottom