SOTD: Saturday 22 - Friday 28 October 2022

SOTD: 22nd October 2022.

1.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Lynx Africa Squeezed Mandarin & Sandalwood Body Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 10066.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Haslinger Schafmilch Shaving Soap.
Razor: FaTip Grande (Face) - Bolzano Superinox Inossidable. (D1)
Razor: Parker InjRzr. (Head/Dome) (Settings) 4-wtg. 4-xtg/atg.+pick-ups. - Personna Injector PTFE. (D4.)

Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./ Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. /Geoffrey Beene Grey Flannel ASL. / L'0REAL Soothing Birch Sap PSB.

(Face & Head Shave.)

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend. Carrying on with the OC-tober focus with the FaTip Grande which paired together with the Bolzano SI superbly.

Both the FaTip Grande & Parker InjRzr performed wonderfully.

One thing i find with the Bolzano SI like a lot of DE blades it feels smoother & performs better on the second pass. However, this could have been down to me familiarizing myself with the blade again after another long hiatus of not using them. Their sharpness is near to the Feather Hi stainless with a smooth edge.

A very close comfortable face & head shave with errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of L'0REAL Soothing Birch Sap PSB.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe and enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Sat 22
Soap Tabac
Brush BOTI 26mm Fan Silvertip
Razor Hospital Le Grelot Thiers
Aftershave Stirling Haverford Splash
Marvelous lather from the soap, whip up nicely by my widest fan badger brush...
Enjoyed this shave after a few weeks with a DE. This razor's edge did not feel good the last time I used it so today put it through the La Lune stone with some slurry and then water. The resulting 3pass shave was much better. Crisp and comfortably smooth edge. Managed a mixed dfs-ccs-sas finish. The aftershave is always good...
20221022_124934.jpg

22/10/22
Straight Shave Saturday
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Mühle Lge Classic Silvertip Synth
Soap - OSP Dark Matter
Razor - Osborne, Garrett & Co Ltd 1899 - 1923. The Kropp 6/8th #2
Blade - @andrew - Shavers delight
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Mixed E45 / Argan oil
A/S - JPG Le Male'
Wk 43 (1).JPG
Plenty of lather this morning, i do like it little more loose when using a straight, getting the correct consistency for me is easy with a synth & the Mühle classic is a top notch synth.
My 2 pass straight routine today starting WTG full pass and then a XTG on cheeks & ATG on throat/neck mix. A touch up on the whirlpools for a very close comfortable DFS+ with just a little roughness on the top lip-line ( i do not do ATG around the lip-line with a Str8).
A nice post shave routine with little to no indication from the splash, what more can a man ask for on a Saturday morning.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Today's shave:

rdt221022jyebv.jpg

- Barrister & Mann Mûir(e) Wood
- Sawdust Creation Studio Boss
- R41 with MR17 handle and ASP blade
- Hâttric aftershave

:D

SOTD 22-Oct
20221021_172838-01.jpeg
Brush: C&H 'Mammoth'
Soap: Tabac
Razor: Koraat 6/8

Decent two pass shave this morning, no fuss tabac stick for decent quick lather. Smooth finish and ready for the day ahead.

Going to try and dig out a boar knot received gratis from Alpha for a mix up in a ferule order. Gratefully received but it is a bit too floppy, I'm guessing it's been treated in some way or set too high for my taste. Going to replace with one of my TGN boars which could probably prop up a shelf even when wet!

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

I was drawn to my Darwin stropper this week and used my set of wet stones to work on the blade and so decided to give it a try today. There is a little brass screw head visible in the photo and using a small screw driver stored in the handle (terrific design and engineering) it enables the blade gap to be adjusted (unlike a Rolls Razor which is similar style of razor). I set it to “fine“ to start with and I also had the Excaliber on hand as back up in case I hadn’t achieved sharpness with the Darwin. Soaped up with the ARKO and my old pewter handle synthetic, super creamy and with that old time barber shop smell that I remember from my boyhood.
I am pleased to say that the Darwin performed extremely well, gliding and cutting wtg effortlessly. I also used the Yaqi for speed and atg also around the chin curves. However, fitted with a new Proshave S blade it felt quite rough although oddly it did give an acceptable finish. Maybe it needs one or two shaves to break in? I’ll try the blade in another razor tomorrow to compare.
Dab of Gillette moisturiser and I’m ready for the day, got a couple of brushes to re knot, always fun to do!
As always fellas I hope you have a really great weekend.

64BBAA3F-FC72-45E3-8BBA-35C0636F5F57.jpeg

Saturday

Who'd have thunk it? Mrs D enabling me by getting me the matching Tabac splash!

Black beauty was super, for the second time out.
Tabac probably didn't have the residual slickness of some of the other soaps I have, but then again, it's not that costly to buy lots of Tabac!

Great start to the day.

Attachments

• IMG_20221022_094415__01.jpg
    IMG_20221022_094415__01.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 10
22 October

D R Harris Arlington
Semogue SOC Taj
Rockwell 6S
Kai Stainless
Bart’s Balm Ben Kilbreck

479D20A6-A901-420B-B358-1429B61AAEB0.jpeg
The soap and brush created a lovely slick lather and although I had to go back to the soap for the second pass, the second lather was even better. The Rockwell with a R5 plate definitely shaves a tad closer than the Karve (E plate) yesterday, for me. A very pleasant, close and comfortable shave to start the weekend.

Back
Top Bottom