SOTD : Saturday 1st May to Friday 7th May 2021.

2/5/21

Pre - Cien Soap Free Facial Scrub
Brush - Yaqi Plissoft 22mm
Soap - Palmolive Menthol Cream
Razor - Yaqi DOC
Blade - Asco Orange Stainless (1)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Cien Aqua

The orange Asco in the Yaqi DOC the first pass was incredibly smooth and comfortable, I couldn't quite believe how good it was, but it wasn't the closest but with the second pass it produced a delightful shave.

Have a good Sunday gents.
Good to see you.

2/5/21

Razor - Yaqi DOC
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Cien Aqua

The orange Asco in the Yaqi DOC the first pass was incredibly smooth and comfortable, I couldn't quite believe how good it was, but it wasn't the closest but with the second pass it produced a delightful shave.

Welcome back mate.

Paul.

2/5/21

Razor - Yaqi DOC
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Cien Aqua

Welcome back

Sunday AM 2021-05-02
National Fire Day
ofhuVbq.jpg

Rooney Beehive Ivory Finest (24/50)
Art of Shaving Sandalwood shaving soap (tallow)
Haircut & Shave P075-SB Mixed Metal Black/Triad Aristocrat Brass & Stainless Steel
Gillette Super Stainless 'Spoiler' (6)
Floris Santal aftershave

ibWxNPB.jpg

Sunday 2nd May

ACtC-3eUmYnLqPqk32L7o1bBngNGYovfNa8zGQ9tSKYWA07LiV9LbEOr2UrOiDKW1XYvHEp0ERwX8DusFX_D89LlhdVRmQvrR0AEvTsX9Fc054cCZ_9Wu4Tf1xCyMpLGGiabOHpM5GrOp-xiXCP_NImyJDlLGg=w1200

French Pink Clay & Charcoal Face Soap
3P Sapone da Barba
DSC w/Blonde Boar 24mm
Muhle Rocca R96
Personna Platinum Chrome (2)
Pinaud Clubman Classic Vanilla Aftershave Cologne

Smoother today as I think the sharpness has been revealed. I often find this to be the case with Personna, which almost always feel pretty dull on the first shave, certainly the first part of the first shave. Today, dramatically improved ...

Ostensibly, same soap, brush and razor.

SoTd
Fantastic shave today..a little while back @RussellR5555 passed on some advice after I’d had a slight reaction to the Mdc Agrumes saying I should load a lot less product onto the brush as it may be related to the concentration of lather on my face..after giving it some thought I decided to try a bowl lather something I don’t do often, just had a lovely shave with zero irritation from the soap so problem solved ! Thought it might be helpful and worth trying for others having problems with reacting to soaps..thanks Russ appreciate it I can now use my Mdc quite happily without issue. Feeling super smooth and refreshed nice way to end the evening really enjoyed this one !!
6C51CD0D-E21E-4F09-8FA8-A68777103B98.jpeg

Saturday evening's shave with the theme 'According to Satanfriendly 6:27'

IMG_20210501_183310.jpg

4:12 - Ikon B1 with chrome cap
8:08 - Polsilver Lodz
12:1 - Steven Jagger 30mm Cashmere
7:11 - Abbate Y Mantia Matteo
3am eternal - Abbate Y Mantia Krokos

In case you were thinking I was proclaiming some sort of a claim to being a new book found as part of the Dead Sea Scrolls then I do pass on my apologies. What, with a name like mine? In fact it is the time when I shaved last night which goes to prove what I useless git I am when it comes to writing up my SOTD's. Which kind of fits in with how Mrs Satanfriendly views me in life anyway. Useless. Saying that I have just spent the last few days putting in the work and the finishing touches to our new garden and has only taken a whole 13 months to complete. Useless.

Shaving matters

A DE? Indeed it was. An SE with a letter 'D' instead of an 'S' and sporting two sides you can shave with. Whatever will they think of next? But in fairness they are somewhat economical being smaller and thinner. Must be a sign of the times and cut backs. In this case the tool for cutting back was the Ikon B1. A no holds barred piece of bristle removing thuggery. Fortunately I got the better of this one some years back and it never fails to amaze. It does brilliant and nothing else.

The soap is a new purchase and I must admit I am rather liking these Abbate products and their obsession with saffron. Can't say I can see any wonderful gain but shit, their soaps tick all the right lather boxes and that is all I care about. A bit of a strange scent very reminiscent of Captain Fawcett's Scapicchio, but hey, they only last as long as the shave takes so who cares. More importantly it performed wonderfully and the monster Cashmere did a sterling face lathering act. Steve Jagger, you are a wonderful brushician.

Never to be let down everything went together in perfect harmony and the end results astounding. It was one of those shaves where happiness saw me having far more passes than necessary, but enjoy the moment. So I did. The thing about the Ikon is you run your hand across your face and think 'Shaven haven heaven' and yet the razor still continues to find something to cut. It is either that or I have incredibly quick growing facial hair.

But a big smile at the end of it all says everything. Job done and I felt superbly smooth and a lovely end to a lovely day.

And what better way to end a lovely day than to end with some lovely Japanese ladies. And especially for @Digimonkey and his rightful admiration for Yoshi it is once again the turn for the awesome Aldious

Ah ah, but just when you thought it was all over............up appears today's SOTD with the theme 'Two for the price of one'. Making up for lost time

IMG_20210502_182013.jpg

One for one - Stainless Mongoose. A razor with one edge. A real razor.
All for one and one for all - Schick Proline
Three strikes and out - Yaqi Dandelion
Four in One lubricating oil - Signature Soaps Londinium
Buy one get one free - Signature Soaps Londinium splash

I feel exceptionally generous giving you further torture on this week's SOTD section which is more than I can say for @Boycie83 Emporium with prices very reflective of one for the price of two.

I won't prattle much further crap as I am bored shitless sitting here typing away when a bottle of more important matters await my company.

Cheers, cheers, cheers, cheers, and cheers, cheers and cheers. Who's paying for this fucking round?

What I will say though is these are all well tried and trusted shaving accruements which have proven their worth down the years. The Londinium stands towards the top of my shaving soap list and Brian has done himself proud with this one. I am sure I have said this before but I do prefer this old style tin with its utilitarian 'home brewed' feel about the label.

What I did get at the end of my precious sink time is one stonking great shave with that touchy feely finish and all in half the time it took with last night's DE. I could have had another wonderful second shave in the same time and hence a two for one special offer. But what would be the bloody point? Not when a selective drink sits between me and going over the same old ground. So sod it, drink it is.

Have a great week ahead people of the shaving forum and I wish everyone, families and friends the best of health.

I love you all and to say it in a song I finally leave this post with some more Aldious.

They think it's all over? It is now

Saturday evening's shave with the theme 'According to Satanfriendly 6:27'

View attachment 69141

4:12 - Ikon B1 with chrome cap
8:08 - Polsilver Lodz
12:1 - Steven Jagger 30mm Cashmere
7:11 - Abbate Y Mantia Matteo
3am eternal - Abbate Y Mantia Krokos

In case you were thinking I was proclaiming some sort of a claim to being a new book found as part of the Dead Sea Scrolls then I do pass on my apologies. What, with a name like mine? In fact it is the time when I shaved last night which goes to prove what I useless git I am when it comes to writing up my SOTD's. Which kind of fits in with how Mrs Satanfriendly views me in life anyway. Useless. Saying that I have just spent the last few days putting in the work and the finishing touches to our new garden and has only taken a whole 13 months to complete. Useless.

Shaving matters

A DE? Indeed it was. An SE with a letter 'D' instead of an 'S' and sporting two sides you can shave with. Whatever will they think of next? But in fairness they are somewhat economical being smaller and thinner. Must be a sign of the times and cut backs. In this case the tool for cutting back was the Ikon B1. A no holds barred piece of bristle removing thuggery. Fortunately I got the better of this one some years back and it never fails to amaze. It does brilliant and nothing else.

The soap is a new purchase and I must admit I am rather liking these Abbate products and their obsession with saffron. Can't say I can see any wonderful gain but shit, their soaps tick all the right lather boxes and that is all I care about. A bit of a strange scent very reminiscent of Captain Fawcett's Scapicchio, but hey, they only last as long as the shave takes so who cares. More importantly it performed wonderfully and the monster Cashmere did a sterling face lathering act. Steve Jagger, you are a wonderful brushician.

Never to be let down everything went together in perfect harmony and the end results astounding. It was one of those shaves where happiness saw me having far more passes than necessary, but enjoy the moment. So I did. The thing about the Ikon is you run your hand across your face and think 'Shaven haven heaven' and yet the razor still continues to find something to cut. It is either that or I have incredibly quick growing facial hair.

But a big smile at the end of it all says everything. Job done and I felt superbly smooth and a lovely end to a lovely day.

And what better way to end a lovely day than to end with some lovely Japanese ladies. And especially for @Digimonkey and his rightful admiration for Yoshi it is once again the turn for the awesome Aldious

Ah ah, but just when you thought it was all over............up appears today's SOTD with the theme 'Two for the price of one'. Making up for lost time

View attachment 69209

One for one - Stainless Mongoose. A razor with one edge. A real razor.
All for one and one for all - Schick Proline
Three strikes and out - Yaqi Dandelion
Four in One lubricating oil - Signature Soaps Londinium
Buy one get one free - Signature Soaps Londinium splash

I feel exceptionally generous giving you further torture on this week's SOTD section which is more than I can say for @Boycie83 Emporium with prices very reflective of one for the price of two.

I won't prattle much further crap as I am bored shitless sitting here typing away when a bottle of more important matters await my company.

Cheers, cheers, cheers, cheers, and cheers, cheers and cheers. Who's paying for this fucking round?

What I will say though is these are all well tried and trusted shaving accruements which have proven their worth down the years. The Londinium stands towards the top of my shaving soap list and Brian has done himself proud with this one. I am sure I have said this before but I do prefer this old style tin with its utilitarian 'home brewed' feel about the label.

What I did get at the end of my precious sink time is one stonking great shave with that touchy feely finish and all in half the time it took with last night's DE. I could have had another wonderful second shave in the same time and hence a two for one special offer. But what would be the bloody point? Not when a selective drink sits between me and going over the same old ground. So sod it, drink it is.

Have a great week ahead people of the shaving forum and I wish everyone, families and friends the best of health.

I love you all and to say it in a song I finally leave this post with some more Aldious.

They think it's all over? It is now
Thanks Chris. Take care and stay safe
Regards Brian

3BC624CA-4F4D-416B-B8DD-1372657149C1.jpeg
Pre: hot shower, lather massage
Brush: yaqi 26mm mysterious space tuxedo
Soap: deadseashave Kraken
Razor: Dovo black star 5/8 pakkawood
One pass cleanup: Hawk v2 hulk green

At first - excuse the picture - was playing with my dslr setup earlier and had some fun with lighting . In background it’s some old graduation military book from USA - early 1920s if I believe correctly. Really liked this look !

Now onto the shave - enjoyable 2 pass shave with straight, starting wtg then atg. Really need to find comfortable grip for atg pass. Did okay - no weepers besides one small spot nicked , and took off hair to close comfortable shave level.
Razor feels like it was tugging a bit on ATG pass but I believe it to be my angle , plus potentially going too slow scared to cut myself lol - had the same issues when starting out with the DE.

Tidied up with the hawk a bit for DFS shave.

this soap definitely is better pairing for the straight razor - they are a nice performer, one of better moisturising soaps IMO !

finished off with red proraso aftershave lotion, might apply some balm soon too.

Have a good evening gentlemen!

Last edited:
Mon 3rd SOTD
Soap Stirling Iced Pineapple
Brush Yaqi 24mm Green Mink
Razor GEM Clog Pruf
Blade GEM Stainless 7th
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Hyaluronic + Proraso Green Splash
Excellent soap choice for a hot humid day. Very nice cooling and fizzy pineapple scent. The lather was thickly creamy and very slick.
Shave with razor paired with the blade was smooth and comfortable in general except for the atg pass on the upper lips. Still managed 3passes without any issues for a bbs to dfs result. Further cooling from the aftershaves was awesome.
20210503_090132.jpg

2/5/21

Razor - Yaqi DOC
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Cien Aqua

Good to see you back...I hope all is good for you. (y)

03/05/21
Pass-around Carbon CX-316L
Pre: Shower, Pears Transparent Original Cold water Face wash
Brush: DS Cosmetic Synth
Soap: Arran soap Co. Lochranza
Razor: Pass-around Carbon CX 316L + Plate
Blade: 7o'Clock Black (3)
Post shave: Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Arran soap Co. Lochranza
Aftershave: Arran soap Co. Lochranza
Wk18 (3).JPG
A very nice shave today with the Pass-around Carbon Shaving Co. CX-316.
The blade going off just as the shave ended with it losing its smoothness but still cutting, the blade has been banked.
The Lochranza soap still has a fresh, clean scent but a bit more spicy than the Machrie. Another face lather today producing plenty of very slick, thick lather for the job.
3 passes for an easy, comfortable BBS finish leaving me feeling and smelling good.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Last edited:
Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Monday 3rd April 2021

Shave Score 9.5/10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower
PreShave Cream: Proraso Refreshing
Soap: P&B Imperial Rum
Brush: Yaqi 24mm - Purple Haze
Razor: RazoRock GC .84 OC
Blade: Supermax Blue Diamond (courtesy of @Boycie83 )
Post Shave ASL: P&B Imperial Rum
Post Shave Balm: P&B Imperial Rum
Post Shave Cologne: John Varvartos - Artisan Pure

A great shave, but seemed to take a little more effort than normal with this new blade, perhaps this is me detecting its not as sharp as other blades, still ended up with a BBS:)

Still abosoultey adore the P&B Imperial Rum, the balm especially is next level, and I love the burn it gives along with the soothing :)

Have a good bank holiday all.

Joe

A40C04E9-E360-47DF-B283-4746BC095C66.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom