SOTD : Saturday 1st May to Friday 7th May 2021.

Saturday 1st May

ACtC-3fr26Bfwm9xGTPtL-os1ikz7ovFTOplFDezwZOjMAkyqxpyNEimPayOk7ntaOCvTrqIWuUvSMxJ9q7Fsfo-mTvXO7OSoXTNclYShQtHvY-SEFTxwYDmWWJB4GfjjLNMgOse8oHvjnfUQV7DUjQLTWZkCA=w1200

French Pink Clay & Charcoal Face Soap
Cella Crema da Barba
DSC w/Blonde Boar 24mm
Muhle Rocca R95
Personna Platinum Chrome (1)
Pinaud Clubman Musk Aftershave Cologne

After a month with the Yaqi Katana, it's good to be back on the Rocca ...

I've also ostensibly finished a run through my SuperMax and assorted Indian subcontinent blades and so before launching into a run through the Lord and Treet houses, I'm just returning to a few blades I used early on when I came to traditional shaving to see if I can challenge some memories, assumptions and conclusions made while still learning my skill.

Up first, the Personna Platinum Chrome (which I think is the Israeli pack < can someone confirm, please?) which I always found to be smooth enough blade but gave me some irritation when I've used it before. I still find it a sharp enough and smooth blade, otherwise really quite devoid of any character. My notes point to it developing with successive shaves, so I'll refrain at this point from making my mind up fully. Suffice to say, no irritation; something I think was due to too much pressure and/or pushing too hard on the first shave before the sharpness has really been revealed. Enjoyed, I suppose, but somewhat in line with many of the chrome blades that I've tried, I struggle to really find its depth.

Much thanks to @Satanfriendly for the Cella soap. Fun to use again. Cheers!
Yes those are Israeli Paul

ECACA6E9-3D81-4F51-8A36-41B22BF77148.jpeg
pre: hot shower, lather massage, proraso green preshave cream
Razor: Dovo black star 5/8 pakkawood
Brush: yaqi 26mm mysterious space tuxedo
Cream: tobs peppermint + 2 drops of preshave oil

another outing with the straight. Started with 100 laps on the strop, then got on with the shave - still cutting the hair so I guess I did something right!
done 2 passes WTG and one ATG - had it a bit difficult to find correct angle at first, so razor was pulling a bit - guess not using it for a week took its toll. On atg pass I was struggling to get a comfortable grip on the razor - guess I’ll need to explore grips and see what works for me best. Overall got something between dfs and close comfortable shave on this one . Happy with that - tomorrow another outing with it.

finished off with glacial lemon chill that gave a bit of a sting - good shave nevertheless.

Sun 2nd SE SOTD
Soap The Goodfellas Smile Chronos
Brush Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia
Razor Yaqi AC on RR BarberPole Handle (with an o-ring washer)
Blade Shick Proline P-30 (US) 3rd
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + Hyaluronic + TGS Chronos
Awesome lather from the soap. Pleasant scent plus a thickly creamy and slick lather...
Tried using the AC razor with the RazoRock Stainless Handle and tightened further with an o-ring washer and paired with the blade was so much better. Very smooth and comfortable for 3passes without any issues for a mostly bbs finish. Excellent aftershaves capped off an enjoyable session.
20210502_101927.jpg

SOTD : 2nd May 2021.

90.jpg
Shaving Recipe For today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears ~ Transparent Bar Soap With Mint Extracts. + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Anbbas Boar.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather : Kiss My Face ~ Peaceful Patchouli Moisture Shave Cream.
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum. (D2)
Razor: Muhle r89.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils. + 3 Menthol Crystals, Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./ L'0REAL ~ Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday morning shave...I have said in the past one of my all time favourite DE razors is the Muhle r89..It was one of the first DE razors that i instantly bonded with when i first started DE shaving and have always had wonderful irritation-free shaves each time i have used it, today yet again was no exception.

A pleasurable 3 pass + pickups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off a with a small dollop of L'0REAL ~ Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Sunday, 2 May

PreShave: Warm to hot water—most from the boiled kettle, some from the tap
Cream: Santa Maria Novella
Brush: Kent BK8
Bowl: My recycled T&H cream bowl
Razor: Mekur 39C
Blade Derby Extra (2)
Post Shave: Alum

Fragrance: Floris 89

Day two of the “Derby Challenge” it was a good shave this morning, smooth, but with a couple of small weapers on my neck with the ATG. I’ll blame the craftsman and not the tools on this one. So far the Derby is comparable to my baseline Astra.

Have a good Sunday, folks.

SUNDAY ‌05/02/21 SOTD
PRE: RR ‌Pre‌ ‌Barba‌ ‌Pre‌ ‌Shave‌ ‌Gel‌
RAZOR: Gillette ‘51 W2 Gold Aristocrat
BLADE: Gillette‌ 7 O'clock SharpEdge Yellow
BRUSH: Yaqi‌ ‌Moka‌ ‌Express‌ ‌26mm‌ ‌2-Band‌ ‌Badger
SOAP: Barrister‌ ‌and‌ ‌Mann‌ Seville Shaving Soap

fD49AJe.jpg

*oops - posted in wrong week originally!

Prep: Shower, Palmolive olive oil soap
Soap: Extro Barocco
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Mysterious Space Tuxedo
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Gillette London Bridge (2)

No pic today as we legged it out the door on a mission to introduce Angus the greyhound to the hustle and bustle of Chester city centre!

Fault free shave. Oodles of lather, loving the scent from the Barocco and the London Bridge felt smooth as anything. Just witch hazel for afters to see how long residual scent lingers (spoiler - it doesn't).

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Sunday 2nd April 2021

Shave Score 9.8/10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower
PreShave Cream: Proraso Refreshing
Soap: Stirling Soap Co. Sharp Dressed Man
Brush: Yaqi 24mm - Atlantis
Razor: RazoRock GC .84 OC
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Post Shave ASL: Stirling Soap Co. Sharp Dressed Man
Post Shave Balm: Stirling Soap Co. Sharp Dressed Man
Post Shave Cologne: John Varvartos - Artisan Pure

Have a good one.

Joe

88FE3706-5795-4DD0-87E9-74BED3B3F1A6.jpeg

02/05/21
Pass-around Fatboy E1
Pre: Shower, Pears Transparent Original Cold water Face wash
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm
Soap: Arran soap Co. Machrie
Razor: Pass-around FatBoy #6
Blade: NOS Gillette Bleue Extra (4)
Post shave: Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Arran soap Co. Machrie
Aftershave: Arran soap Co. Machrie

Wk18 (4).JPG
A great shave today, an easy face lather with the wonderful Machrie soap and little Yaqi, i really like the scent of these Arran soaps, light and fresh,
The Pass-around razor set on #6 and fitted with the Nos Blade was really smooth today, i am really enjoying this blade thank you @Blademonkey for the PIF. On Shave 4 and still as smooth as butter.
3 Passes for a super close and comfortable finish.
A really nice post shave with the matching Balm and A/S setting me up for what looks like a nice day.

On a sad note,
The Fatboy i bought turned up yesterday - the adjuster seized solid and no quarter turn, its been repacked to go back to the seller after a few emails and getting the site involved. I cannot believe i did not follow my own rules and ask the right questions before buying.

Every day is a school day

Add your name to the Pass-around list to try out this wonderful piece of history

Stay safe and enjoy your Sunday All.

Back
Top Bottom