SOTD : Saturday 1st May to Friday 7th May 2021.

SOTD : 1st May 2021.

89.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears ~ Transparent Bar Soap With Mint Extracts. + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Omega S10065.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Nivea Men ~ Originals Shave Cream.
Blade : Astra Superior Platinum. (D1)
Razor : Edwin Jagger DE89. 'kelvin.'
Face: wtg, xtg, atg,+ pick ups.
Head: wtg, wtg,atg + pick ups.

Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils. +3 Menthol Crystals, Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./ Nivea Men ~ 2 phase ASL + Body Shaving ASL Balm./X-Bolt EdT.

Greetings,

(Face & Head Shave) (Shaving Cream Week)

A new shave set up to start the bank holiday weekend...It's been a long time since i added my EG DE89 to my razor rotation.

The next month or more i shall be using Russian made DE blades from the Moscow & ST Petersburg plants.

Starting with the Astra SP blades, which along with the Gillette 7 0'clock Sharp edge ( Yellow) where two of the first blades i purchased to learn my technique and gain my shaving confidence from when entering the wonderful world of traditional wet shaving. Both of these blades are well suited to my skin type, and have always paired together well with each razor. The EG DE89 paired together excellently with the Astra SP making a smooth efficient duo...I find the Astra SP blades get better with each shave.

A enjoyable close comfortable face & head shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a few squirts of X-Bolt EdT to the pulse points.

My face & precious swede are feeling silky smooth and smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the long bank holiday weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Sat May 1st SOTD
Soap CBL Roasted Oatmeal Stout
Brush DS Cosmetics 26mm Badger
Razor Gillette British RFB
Blade Gillette Silver Blue 3rd
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Ice Blue
A nice delicious scent from the soap throughout the shave. The lather has good enough creamy and slick qualities...
Shave with razor paired with the blade was good enough for 3passes without any issues. Mostly smooth and comfortable until the atg pass around the lips area. Managed a between bbs to dfs result. Excellent aftershaves.
20210501_001726.jpg20210501_100453.jpg

IMG_20210430_153727_2~3.jpg
1st May SOTD

Razor - Muhle R41GS
Blade - Gillette super silver NOS (French)
Soap - AOS Sandalwood Tallow (Discontinued)
Brush - Alpha V2 Ti - Silvertip
Post - Pashana Aftershave splash

Another super close shave from the R41GS paired with a Gillette super silver leaving me with a real face stroker!
Finished with a good splash of Pashana aftershave with its wonderful old school barber shop scent.

Have a great May bank holiday weekend chaps.

Paul.

The weekend shave, after a warm shower.

Pre . ....... Nuage shave serum
Soap. ..... Mogno
Brush. .... Rooney
Razor. .... Ikon b1oss/ windrose ss handle
Blade .... Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Asb. ...... L’Oreal
ASL. ..... Old spice Wolfthorn
EDT. ...... Mont Blanc Skywalker

A pleasant shave with no errors. Now heading out for my second Covid jab.

Stay safe, keep smiling
8E43A612-80C0-4723-85AE-1E5C790906D8.jpeg

The weekend shave, after a warm shower.

Pre . ....... Nuage shave serum
Soap. ..... Mogno
Brush. .... Rooney
Razor. .... Ikon b1oss/ windrose ss handle
Blade .... Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Asb. ...... L’Oreal
ASL. ..... Old spice Wolfthorn
EDT. ...... Mont Blanc Skywalker

A pleasant shave with no errors. Now heading out for my second Covid jab.

Stay safe, keep smiling
8E43A612-80C0-4723-85AE-1E5C790906D8.jpeg
Good luck with your second Covid jab today.

Paul.

Saturday, 1 May

PreShave: Warm to hot water—most from the boiled kettle, some from the tap
Cream: GFT Eucris
Brush: Kent BK8
Bowl: My recycled T&H cream bowl
Razor: Merkur 39C
Blade Derby Extra (1)
Post Shave: Alum

Fragrance: Eucrus

My Saturday setup (with the Mekur slant) and the first day of this week’s “Derby challenge.” Given the controversy on another thread, I thought it was time to go back to a Derby. As that thread notes, Derbys are often the first blades we use (for me, it was the second, after the crappy Merkur blade that was provided with my razor—never again with these), and we often forget about them when we try different blades. So after last week’s recalibration of my expectations with an Astra (by baseline comparator), it was a Derby this morning.

And it was s good, smooth shave. Had I not known it was a Derby, I’d have guessed anything but a Derby. After three passes, I was left BBS, and ready to start the day. The test will continue during the week—to see smooth the blade stays, and whether I can get a full week’s worth of shaves from it. Come to think about matters, I don’t think I’ve used a Derby in my slant before—but since that is (at least at present) my default razor, methodological rigour requires that I conduct the challenge with that razor. Further reports to come this week.

Have a good start to the Bank Holiday Weekend, folks.

SOTD 01-May
20210501_090542.jpg
Prep: Warm Shower
PreShave: Proraso Wood & Spice
Brush: PAA Peregrino
Razor: Dovo Best 6/8
Shave Cream: Proraso Wood & Spice

If you couldn't tell, felt like a Wood & Spice day today. Good performance but I mainly go for this proraso for the smell. Nice relaxing shave and ready for the day out with the family.

Hope everyone has a cracking day!

Cheers

Marc

Back
Top Bottom