SOTD : Saturday 1st May to Friday 7th May 2021.

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Butterscotch 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Pears Bar Soap (melted into Old Spice Mug)
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34G / Wizamet Polsilver Brown Stainless #1
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- L'Occitane Baux

02/05/21
Pass-around Fatboy E1
Pre: Shower, Pears Transparent Original Cold water Face wash
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm
Soap: Arran soap Co. Machrie
Razor: Pass-around FatBoy #6
Blade: NOS Gillette Bleue Extra (4)
Post shave: Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Arran soap Co. Machrie
Aftershave: Arran soap Co. Machrie

View attachment 69162
A great shave today, an easy face lather with the wonderful Machrie soap and little Yaqi, i really like the scent of these Arran soaps, light and fresh,
The Pass-around razor set on #6 and fitted with the Nos Blade was really smooth today, i am really enjoying this blade thank you @Blademonkey for the PIF. On Shave 4 and still as smooth as butter.
3 Passes for a super close and comfortable finish.
A really nice post shave with the matching Balm and A/S setting me up for what looks like a nice day.

On a sad note,
The Fatboy i bought turned up yesterday - the adjuster seized solid and no quarter turn, its been repacked to go back to the seller after a few emails and getting the site involved. I cannot believe i did not follow my own rules and ask the right questions before buying.

Every day is a school day

Add your name to the Pass-around list to try out this wonderful piece of history

Stay safe and enjoy your Sunday All.
Gutted for you, but at least it's only time you've lost if the site's stepped in(y)

02/05/21
Pass-around Fatboy E1
Pre: Shower, Pears Transparent Original Cold water Face wash
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm
Soap: Arran soap Co. Machrie
Razor: Pass-around FatBoy #6
Blade: NOS Gillette Bleue Extra (4)
Post shave: Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Arran soap Co. Machrie
Aftershave: Arran soap Co. Machrie

View attachment 69162
A great shave today, an easy face lather with the wonderful Machrie soap and little Yaqi, i really like the scent of these Arran soaps, light and fresh,
The Pass-around razor set on #6 and fitted with the Nos Blade was really smooth today, i am really enjoying this blade thank you @Blademonkey for the PIF. On Shave 4 and still as smooth as butter.
3 Passes for a super close and comfortable finish.
A really nice post shave with the matching Balm and A/S setting me up for what looks like a nice day.

On a sad note,
The Fatboy i bought turned up yesterday - the adjuster seized solid and no quarter turn, its been repacked to go back to the seller after a few emails and getting the site involved. I cannot believe i did not follow my own rules and ask the right questions before buying.

Every day is a school day

Add your name to the Pass-around list to try out this wonderful piece of history

Stay safe and enjoy your Sunday All.
I'm pleased you are getting on with the blades Tony, I've got a grey grizzly stubble that is quite tough and I've managed to get six shaves from one of those blade's, you may get more, let me know, i will be interested to find out. :)

Paul.

Pre-Shave: Warm face wash
T&H Pre-Shave Oil
Razor: Rockwell 6C (3)
Blade: Tiger Platinum (first use)
Brush: Omega Pure Badger
Cream: Castle Forbes Lime
Post Shave: Alum Block
Trumper Limes Skin Food
Castle Forbes Lime ASB
Cologne: T&H West Indian Limes

Probably 1st time using CF Lime in a long time. It’s now the season for it though. Trumper Lime skin food and CF Lime ASB left skin feeling silky smooth. 1st time with a Tiger Platinum blade and must admit was pleasantly surprised. 3 pass shave with minimal touch ups gave a BBS shave with absolutely no irritation or feedback from alum. E1CA2672-191E-4BB7-862C-22AA0EDFC18D.jpeg

20210502_142059.jpg
SOTD 2nd May

Soap - OSP Urban Viking
Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Familia Tuxedo
Razor - Ever Ready 1912
Blade - Gem Personna SSC #2
Post - M&S Harvard AS and Balm

This razor is a joy to use. I never fail to be amazed at how mild and smooth it shaves yet is able to provide a BBS finish.
3 great passes for an excellent Sunday shave.
Enjoy your long weekends everyone and continue to stay safe.

SOTD 02/05 D'Ardenne Short & Bell No. 8, Maseto Shaving 24mm Finest Badger, Merkur Progress 500, Gillette Spoiler, Boots Tea Tree & Witch Hazel, Baxter of California Post Shave Balm

210502-SOTD.jpg

Sotd-02-05-21.jpg

This morning -

razor - ATT Calypso alu - M plate
blade - Wizamet Polsilver (1)
soap - D.R Harris - Arlington
brush - Semogue 2015 HD silvertip
post - witch hazel
a/s - LPL - Abricot
balm - Alvarez Gomez Barberia
scent - Hermes - D'Orange Verte edt.

Excellent - taking off a three day growth - pretty much the sweet spot for me between shaves. Enjoy yours - cheers - I.

2/5/21

Pre - Cien Soap Free Facial Scrub
Brush - Yaqi Plissoft 22mm
Soap - Palmolive Menthol Cream
Razor - Yaqi DOC
Blade - Asco Orange Stainless (1)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Cien Aqua

The orange Asco in the Yaqi DOC the first pass was incredibly smooth and comfortable, I couldn't quite believe how good it was, but it wasn't the closest but with the second pass it produced a delightful shave.

Have a good Sunday gents.

2/5/21

Razor - Yaqi DOC
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Cien Aqua

The orange Asco in the Yaqi DOC the first pass was incredibly smooth and comfortable, I couldn't quite believe how good it was, but it wasn't the closest but with the second pass it produced a delightful shave.

Tonight Show Hello GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

2/5/21

Razor - Yaqi DOC
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Cien Aqua

Great to see you back Shubs,
You have been missed matey.

Back
Top Bottom