SOTD : Saturday 1st May to Friday 7th May 2021.

Hi! Shave #24:
gcpXNlR.jpg

Pre: Homemade olive oil soap.
Lather: Rasozero Spiffero.
Brush: Event.
Razor: Gibbs regable #15.
Blade: Wizamet (#1).
Take care and have a nice day!

Saturday 1st May

ACtC-3fr26Bfwm9xGTPtL-os1ikz7ovFTOplFDezwZOjMAkyqxpyNEimPayOk7ntaOCvTrqIWuUvSMxJ9q7Fsfo-mTvXO7OSoXTNclYShQtHvY-SEFTxwYDmWWJB4GfjjLNMgOse8oHvjnfUQV7DUjQLTWZkCA=w1200

French Pink Clay & Charcoal Face Soap
Cella Crema da Barba
DSC w/Blonde Boar 24mm
Muhle Rocca R95
Personna Platinum Chrome (1)
Pinaud Clubman Musk Aftershave Cologne

After a month with the Yaqi Katana, it's good to be back on the Rocca ...

I've also ostensibly finished a run through my SuperMax and assorted Indian subcontinent blades and so before launching into a run through the Lord and Treet houses, I'm just returning to a few blades I used early on when I came to traditional shaving to see if I can challenge some memories, assumptions and conclusions made while still learning my skill.

Up first, the Personna Platinum Chrome (which I think is the Israeli pack < can someone confirm, please?) which I always found to be smooth enough blade but gave me some irritation when I've used it before. I still find it a sharp enough and smooth blade, otherwise really quite devoid of any character. My notes point to it developing with successive shaves, so I'll refrain at this point from making my mind up fully. Suffice to say, no irritation; something I think was due to too much pressure and/or pushing too hard on the first shave before the sharpness has really been revealed. Enjoyed, I suppose, but somewhat in line with many of the chrome blades that I've tried, I struggle to really find its depth.

Much thanks to @Satanfriendly for the Cella soap. Fun to use again. Cheers!

SoTd
Fantastic shave today with one from my top spot the Koraat near wedge .. never fails to impress so smooth and comfortable and a lovely bit of weight behind it ! Went with the Dusy Kabinett professional finished with the Zingari Man No 1 balm..Heather’s balms are very good soothing and nourishing .. feeling smooth and refreshed what a wonderful way to end the day
781138FC-DE84-4B31-A624-BE4DFDBD17E1.jpeg

Prep: Cella Gel pre barba
Bowl: Ceramiche di Sicilia for Zenith
Brush: Simpson Emperor 3 Manchurian
Soap: Acqua di Parma Collezione Barbiere
Razor: Wilde & Harte mild SS SB head on Eltham handle
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium
AS: Acqua di Parma Colonia intensa
AS Balm: Acqua di Parma Collezione Barbiere

SOTD_20210501.jpg

Best Regards
Marco