SOTD: Saturday 19 - Friday 25 November 2022.

Prep: ESC pre shave oil mixed with Proraso sensitive pre shave cream
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic
Razor: Yaqi TFC (setting 2)
Blade: Personna Platinum
Cream: Nivea Men Sensitive Pro Ultra Shave Cream
AS 1: Thayer's Witch Hazel
PS 2: Nivea Men Sensitive Pro Ultra After Shave Balm mixed with GFT Spanish Leather Skin Food

Another new razor in my search for sensitive skin comfort. Today's shave was an absolute success! For some reason DE razors seem to be more kind to my neck than SE; maybe I'll stick with them for a while.

Went a bit mad with the Proraso sandalwood cream today so I've gone for the full Brush of the Day shot with my Semogue Owners Club. Not as beautifully formed as Chard would do, but at silly o'clock I couldn't be faffed. Needless to say I had plenty of lather for my 3 passes and still enough to feel bad about washing away.
Hawk V3A and Feather Pro (4).
A splash of TGS Royal Lime witch hazel AS. The shave must have been close because even that stung! Face feeler alright.
20221124_060538.jpg

SOTD: 24th November 2022.

thurs 4.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Nivea Men Power Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Palmolive Naturals Olive & Milk Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Naples Tuxedo Synthetic.
Face Lather.
Lather: Lea Shave Stick.
Blade: Treet Trig Silver Edge. (D2) (Green cover)
Razor: Baili BD 191.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse.Cold Water Face Rinse. / /Alum Rub. /Cold Water Rinse. Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. / Cien Aqua ASL + Sensitive ASB.

Greetings,

Early Morning Shave,

An enjoyable smooth mild shave to finish my shaving week off.

All of the razors i have used throughout the week have provided me with comfortable mild yet efficient acceptable error-free shaves. The star clone razor of the week was the Kanzy K100 of which will be added again to my razor rotation in my up-and-coming SOTD's.

Like the K100 & BD177, the Baili BD 191 has a "closed head design "which gives extra protection and risk of catching my ear lobes or under my nose with the blade ends when shaving.

The weight of the razor makes it 'bottom heavy 'due to the hefty weight of the handle, which does all the work with no pressure needed when shaving.

My only small gripe with the Baili BD 191 is the handle is slippery when wet. Nevertheless, it's still a great everyday shaver.

A comfortable 2 pass + pick-ups shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a few small dollops of Cien Sensitive ASB.

My face is feeling smooth cool & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

‌Gillette ‘50s French Monobloc (England) / Brit Wilkie / AP Shave Co. 24mm Mistura / Seaforth! Sea Spice Lime Shaving Soap & AS

ILETboE.png

SOTD: 24/11/2022

Razor: Razorock Hawk V2
Blade: Feather Professional, 5th use
Brush: DS Cosmetic Ken Surfs
Bowl: Face Lather
Soap: Lea Classic Shaving Cream
Aftershave: Fine Barber Blue Aftershave
Balm: Proraso Blue Balm
Additional Care: Shave Tunes Courtesy Of A Shaving Playlist
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Not Too Bad At All

Went with some classics today, couldn't resist.

BDEEF089-826E-4F80-BA6E-3ADA0E6CBCB8.jpeg

Thursday 24th November

Picked up what appeared to me to be an unused Culmak bristle brush and Culmak soap puck on the Bay for under a tenner the pair. The soap weight that was on the label is shown only in ounces so that should date it to maybe the 70s? I was a bit unsure about how the soap and brush would perform. I needn’t have worried, it lathered quickly and creamily with the bristle which was surprisingly soft considering its age. It has a mild scent which I would describe as “babs”, “bygone age barber shop”, which I quite like, and especially as it doesn’t clash with a scented aftershave (More later).
The Jagger DE86 (with Gillette silver blue ) gives a very mild shave. I like this so as to give a variation on daily shaves and to give my delicate skin a rest. In fact the razor is so mild I found myself swishing away in a manner that I certainly wouldn’t do with some of my other let’s say more aggressive razors.
Dabbed on Layrite Deluxe No. 9 Bay Rum. The label encourages you to splash it all over….” and smell like you just left the barber shop“. Maybe, but the dominant scent to me seems to be cloves, so then only if you want to smell like mom’s apple pie :rolleyes:
Have a great day fellas,

F1BC0DB7-AE79-4A00-87F0-DE1A036FF65F.jpeg

24-Nov
20221124_092019-01.jpeg
Brush: DG Cerberus Fougere B15
Soap: Cerberus Fougere
Razor: Lambda Athena
Blade: GSB (1)

That was a hell of a shave, new acquisition of the B15, I was initially concerned as I was getting a very weak lather but managed to get the balance right and got a cracking lather. Think it might be a slightly hungrier knot at 28mm vs my normal 26mm. But it has a very natural feel which I like, initially thought it was a bit stabby but ended up splaying nicely.

The lambda is fantastic, very smooth and efficient. The fit and finish is second to none not to mention the packaging and really punches above its price point, or potentially it is appropriately priced and certain others are priced above their punch point (not a phrase I know but you get my meaning). Either which way very happy with the purchase.

I did have some initial issues when the lambda arrived the other week with a slightly damaged box and top cap. Dropped a line to Theo and he sorted it out sending me a replacement for both FOC which arrived in quick time yesterday, he had offered to send me either whole razor setup or parts but I didn't want to take the mick...really cannot fault the customer service...I'll be keeping an eye out on any new developments coming from him!

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

1666486F-1827-4E4A-B040-FAD0FB5160BB.jpeg

Razor: Aylsworth Drakkant
Blade: Astra SP, 3rd use
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Aqua Highmountain Silvertip Badger
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Tabac Original Puck
Aftershave: Tabac Original Cologne
Balm: L’Oreal Men Expert Reinforcing Aftershave Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

Day one with the Drakkant standard plate. I always use an Astra as my base starting point when using a new razor to minimise variations to my shave with something new.
Lee you have lots of fabulous quality medium to mild razors. Lee you should be satisfied with what you have already. Lee you are not a magpie stop being impressed by new shiny toys. Lee are you taking this in? Are you listening?
Or are you focusing on the fantastic knurled and chunky handle, that feels even better than it looks! Or focusing on how well it’s finished and the amazing way the plates clamp the blade? Or the way the head is designed and angled for you so you can easily find the correct angle of attack? Or the weight and balance being just spot on?
It’s the later isn’t it Lee, all of the latter. One shave in and it’s amazing, yes it’s on quite the mild side of efficiency scale but it’s an amazing daily shaver. I’m going to try it out another day on this plate before moving to the Plus which I think will be just as pleasant but overall this is a bit of a winner for me!

View attachment 96678

Razor: Aylsworth Drakkant
Blade: Astra SP, 3rd use
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Aqua Highmountain Silvertip Badger
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Tabac Original Puck
Aftershave: Tabac Original Cologne
Balm: L’Oreal Men Expert Reinforcing Aftershave Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

Day one with the Drakkant standard plate. I always use an Astra as my base starting point when using a new razor to minimise variations to my shave with something new.
Lee you have lots of fabulous quality medium to mild razors. Lee you should be satisfied with what you have already. Lee you are not a magpie stop being impressed by new shiny toys. Lee are you taking this in? Are you listening?
Or are you focusing on the fantastic knurled and chunky handle, that feels even better than it looks! Or focusing on how well it’s finished and the amazing way the plates clamp the blade? Or the way the head is designed and angled for you so you can easily find the correct angle of attack? Or the weight and balance being just spot on?
It’s the later isn’t it Lee, all of the latter. One shave in and it’s amazing, yes it’s on quite the mild side of efficiency scale but it’s an amazing daily shaver. I’m going to try it out another day on this plate before moving to the Plus which I think will be just as pleasant but overall this is a bit of a winner for me!
Don’t fight it Lee, us guys are all afflicted to some degree with “shaving stuff acquisition syndrome” or SSAS, plain and simple, no cure other than grow a full face beard, but then that’s probably only temporary remission. :)

24/11/22
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Simpson Chubby 2 LE Faux Tortoise Synth
Soap - Stirling Soap co. Sandalwood
Razor - Razorock Lupo 72
Blade - Wizamet Super Iridium
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Proraso Red
A/S - Proraso Red
Wk 47 (6).JPG
What can i say? I have really fallen for the Lupo 72, apparently a Wolfie rip-off, if one of the Wolfman's shaves like this, which is it?, i may have to pursue one. I digress.
The LE Chubby has more backbone than a Giraffe, although it still works for me as a face latherer, a quick dip and shake, load up and away i go, it does taken a few seconds to start splaying but gets there.
A wonderful slick, highly scented lather from the dependable Stirling soap.
Fitted with the Wizamet the Lupo is a formidable beastie, the WTG pass was very efficient whilst being very comfortable, i completed a XTG from ear to nose and ATG on the neck, chin and top lip. again very comfortable.
The finish - my skin squeaked when rubbed, like damp fingers on glass, wow.
i used the Proraso post shave pair for a wonderful finish, no indication at all.
woo.gif
I did manage a reduced gym session with my heart monitor on this morning, the wires and recorder not really hindering me. No swim though.:cry:
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom