SOTD: Saturday 19 - Friday 25 November 2022.

Tuesday 22nd November

AL9nZEXnGod2Z0jcIW7fYdnGH6y_KDhe_0YbT3oMgKIUwn1hpIhwuJxvuGtm0jWEuPC01vfS7pPeCRCBuv4ceX5uyx3BaCPPJYE-1lNSMEB0lYWW9vLVbSZG-NE4WweAEhOH1ERv-9wgj9oIAKNNqRxMCF4KCg=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Vitos Supercrema (Classic) Shaving Soap & Yaqi Dandelion w/Cashmere Synthetic 24mm
Wilkinson Sword Sticky & Wizamet Super Iridium (2)
DR Harris Pink Aftershave

What a glorious thing, a Wiz in a Wilkie is ...

Soap: HAGS: Animalized (Tallow) another new soap.

SWEET BABY JESUS! that was one of the most enjoyable soaps that I have EVER used. that soap base is PHENOMENAL!

"... combines three different animal fats (Duck Fat, Beef Tallow, Mutton Tallow), four different milks (Donkey Milk, Goat Milk, Coconut Milk, Almond Milk) as well as strained Greek yogurt, lanolin, honey. There is also something unusual and innovative which is none other than quail egg whites. Quail egg whites have more fat and protein than chickens egg whites."

That is one tasty omelette!

"... combines three different animal fats (Duck Fat, Beef Tallow, Mutton Tallow), four different milks (Donkey Milk, Goat Milk, Coconut Milk, Almond Milk) as well as strained Greek yogurt, lanolin, honey. There is also something unusual and innovative which is none other than quail egg whites. Quail egg whites have more fat and protein than chickens egg whites."

That is one tasty omelette!

Sounds like it should be refrigerated,... or eaten with bacon and biscuits!

Hawk V3A and 3rd run for the Feather Pro.
Haven't used the Mogno for a while but was reminded of it by Sicsemty's SotD recently so high time for it to come back out. I really like this clean, fresh smelling soap which has great slickness. Face lathered with the 400, the knot is lovely, it's the softest boar I've used so far, yet good backbone and never floppy. Thanks so much for this @Dave in KY . Will probably finish with the Creightons balm and Hollister Wave I got from Boycie to set myself up for what promises to be another very long stressful day at work. My shave today has lifted my mood.
20221123_065523.jpg

23/11/22
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Vintage Vulfix service #3 1950's
Soap - Vintage Cussons 1950's
Razor - 1906 Gillette Single Ring #663851 OC Travel Set
Blade - Astra SP Green
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood and Patchouli Argan Oil and Balm
A/S - Vintage Ferd. Mülhens Vintage 4711 EDC
Wk 47 (5).JPG
A much better lather from the Vintage Cussons in the bowl, definitely lesson learned.
The Astra SP did a stellar job in the vintage Gillette, i could have got away with 2 passes with a touch up, however, you know me and i would not just rinse this lather away, i completed a 3rd full pass for a BBS finish, although the splash did give a little indication on the cheeks.
An enjoyable Vintage shave.
Right then, i need to shower and get ready to go up to the hospital to get a heart card monitor fitted for the next few days.
Its all part of my Doctors full MOT of me, so far all other Blood-tests & chest and Lungs x-rays have come back OK. He is wanting to get to the bottom of a chest niggle i have. No gym or swimming until it is off.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

SOTD 23-Nov
20221109_154318.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Finned'
Soap: B&M Sandalwood
Razor: CG Level 3
Blade: GSB

Decent shave this morning, smooth and smelling good. First day in the office for a while so I'm at least half presentable. Fingers crossed I'll have a couple of goodies arriving at home today. Sadly need being at works means there's no chance of me sneaking them in, ah well she knows what I'm like!

Hope everyone has a good one.

Cheers

Marc

23/11/22

Pre - Palmolive Sea Minerals
Brush - Omega/GFS Wild Hog
Soap - Florena Cream
Razor - Gillette Fat Handle Tech
Blade - Gillette 365 (8)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Brut Sport Style

For yesterday's shave I used my neglected Zenith B07, and for today's shave I used another brush I largely neglect, the Omega/GFS Wild Hog. The Wild Hog has soft tips, a reasonable amount of backbone, and it performs well during the shave. My lather wasn't the best I have built largely down to not using enough shaving cream, I think I forgot that a large boar brush will need more product than a synth of the same size. Nonethless I had a good lather for the first pass, and quite a thin one for the second pass. The shave itself was exceptional, I think I seemed to have stumbled across one of those rare blades when the performance for it's 8th shave is just as good as the first shave.
I finished the shave with a few splashes of Brut Sport Style, and I'm really enjoying this splash. It has a nice inoffensive citrus scent and it feels great on the skin.

Have a good day gents.

IMG_20221123_122102.jpg

Back
Top Bottom