SOTD: Saturday 19 - Friday 25 November 2022.

25 November

Pannacrema Nuàvia Blu
Semogue SOC Taj
Feather AS-D1
Feather Hi-Stainless
Floïd Mentolado Vigoroso

F612A3A8-0075-48E8-B306-C4F35818283C.jpeg
That was an exceptionally good shave. The SOC finally holding a whole shave’s worth of the divine Pannacrema lather. Two easy passes with the Feather was all it took. Then a splash of Floïd for a sunny start to the day.

24/11/22

Pre - Palmolive Sea Minerals
Brush - Omega/GFS Wild Hog
Soap - Lea Stick
Razor - Gillette Flat Bottom New OC
Blade - Gillette 365 (10)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - La Rive Brutal Classic

It's taken a few uses to remind me why I enjoy using this brush so much, it's a delight to build a lather with. The most recent formulation of Lea's shaving stick produces an excellent lather, I think of all the vegan shaving bases I have used (which isn't as much as many who post here), I think this Lea one might be my favourite. Another great shave with the Gillette 365 as well, I'm incredibly impressed with it, 10th shave and it's still performing well.

Have a good Friday gents.

IMG_20221125_131011.jpg

Friday 25th November
1950s model GEM push button
modern GEM Personna blade
LEA soap
vintage butterscotch handle badger

I just love GEM, their razor models have stood the test of time and give as good a shave today as many modern razors on the block.
The added benefit is that GEM blades are the “go to“ for most ancient lather catchers enabling continued usage of these iconic razors which would otherwise be museum pieces.
LEA soap, easy creamy lather, mild scent, two passes wtg, atg and pick ups. Dab of Gillette moisturiser and Razorock XXX after shave. No drama, job done.
Have a great evening fellas!

56DDBEA7-7291-416D-81B3-8CA1161ADF1A.jpeg

Friday AM 2022-11-25
International Hat Day
POuwhe4.jpg

Rooney Stubby 3XXL Ivory Finest (32/52)
Ralph Lauren Safari shaving soap (tallow)
Wolfman WR2-SB/Darwin Copper
Personna 74 Tungsten (12)
Swank Jade East aftershave (vintage)
SB1D0uu.jpg

Friday 25th November

Soap • Extro Legno Di Rosa
Brush • Yaqi Moka Express 24mm Synthetic
Razor • Timeless 0.68 SS Scalloped
Blade • Voskhod (2)
Post • Rose of Bulgaria Aftershave

A better of a shave to finish the shaving week.
This Timeless/Voskhod pairing really fits the bill for me. Smooth as silk and efficient.
I've sung the praises of this little Yaqi Synthetic recently, and it doesn't disappoint whatever soap/cream I have used it with.
No photo today (you're not missing much there!)

16-hour day & night shifts use to be a regular thing for me. Now i only work 8–10 hours max. 16-hour shifts are no good for quality production, and most importantly for your health. I say to my production manager 'That i work to live, not live to work' he might, but i don't! which doesn't make me a very popular chap amongst the staff, but I'm not bothered as they show no respect for the people who actually do the job, they are just yes men, who need to grow a pair of balls and stand up for themselves...Hopefully your 16-hour days will end soon, I understand the reason you need too, "needs must," unfortunately especially how things are at the moment. Take care. Yours-Barry
No more, partly my fault for not realising some of the deadlines that had been set.
I only tend to have to put in some long days when we're away testing, but that's usually not an issue if I've got nowt better to do!

Yes, I'm going through the same this week and all too regularly. It's making me ill for sure. It's not even "getting ahead", it's become the expectation. I spoke to my director about it and the health problems it has caused, and he said, verbatim, in front of the whole team "welcome to 2021, if I tell you to work all night you bloody well work all night!". He's a young ambitious little upstart with a care only for his progression, and if we die of heart or mh problems he'll kick our bodies out of the way and hire more. I would leave but I get the impression everywhere is like this now and it's just become commonplace. Everyone talks about mental health on LinkedIn but the reality is that they push and push until people break and then say "he could not hack it, no loss to us".
Thankfully, not regular for me.
I might have had something to say if my boss had said that to me in front of everyone. Sounds like he was using you to give what's commonly termed a 'gypsies warning' to everyone

39DA0EA4-413C-4DCF-A579-D46E230892E8.jpeg
SOTD: 25/11/2022

Razor: Aylsworth Drakkant
Blade: Astra SP, 2nd use
Brush: Yaqi Napoli
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: Bart’s Balms Lochnagar Oil
Soap: Yaqi The Green Puck
Aftershave: Yaqi The Green Aftershave
Balm: Bart’s Balm Sample Balm

Another super shave from the Aylsworth Drakkant, simply if it feels great, shaves great it generally is great! Though the mild plate is perhaps a little too mild even for me, it was a throughly enjoyable shave and I’d still be able to use this daily for work without an issue. However I’m looking forward to trying it with the + plate tomorrow.

Prep: Hot towel
Razor: Rockwell 6S – #3
Blade: Gillette Bleue Extra
Brush: Brad Sears Archduke 26/50 2-Band Manchurian
Soap: Macduffs Soap Co: American Vintage (V4 base). another new soap

Mmm, American Vintage, what a lovely scent, it strangely made me reminisce about the 1963 ES335 that I had as a teen. The performance of this soap is top tier, so it's a massive thumbs up from me. Colour me happy!

Back
Top Bottom