SOTD: Saturday 19 - Friday 25 November 2022.

SOTD: 19th November 2022.

1.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Nivea Men Power Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Palmolive Naturals Olive & Milk Bar Soap.
Brush: Fine 24mm Synthetic.
Face & Head Lather.
Lather: Boots Original Shave Stick.
Razor: (Face) Kanzy K100 -Treet Trig Silver Edge. (D1) (Green cover)
Razor: Gem Featherweight. Pre-1954 (Head/Dome) - Personna Gem PTFE. (D2.)

Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face & Head Rinse. /Alum Rub. / Cold water Face & Head Rinse. / Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. /Boots Freshwood ASL + ASB.

Greetings,

(Chinese Clone DE Razor Focus week.)

(Face & Head Shave.)

A new shave set up to start the weekend. Carrying on with the Trig stainless blade another blade made by the Treet co in Pakistan.

The Kanzy K100 razor has a well-balanced weight it's closed 'tech type head' which holds the blade rigidly which blade chatter is reduced to minimum with no blade over-hang which is very comfortable to shave with additional protection of not catching my ear lobes or under my nose when shaving.

The Trig Silver Edge come in two different covers green & blue both have impressed me in the past with their smoothness and like all the other Treet blade have paired together wonderfully with each razor i have used them with.

As to say which is the better blade between the different covers, they are the same blade IMHO just in different packaging for selling purposes.

A very close comfortable face & head shave with errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Boots Freshwood ASB.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Last edited:
New SOTD week, a first shave to start it off with and one themed, 'Classic'

20221118_170845.jpg

Muhle R89
Polsilver Lodz
AP Shaving 24mm Cashmere
Palmolive Classic
Simple moisturiser

As @pjgh mentioned the other day, if you have an 89 then it deserves to see the light of day once in a while. An absolute classic piece of kit.

A lovely start to the weekend and I hope you all have enjoyable ones yourselves.

Enjoy some Beaver....

SOTD: 19/11/2022

Razor: Feather Artist Club SS Folding
Blade: Feather Artist Club Pro Guard, 1st use
Brush: Semogue 620 Excelsior Boar Brush
Bowl: Face Lather
Soap: Tabac Stick
Aftershave: Southern Witchcrafts Valley Of The Ashes Aftershave
Additional Care: Shave Tunes Courtesy Of The Hillbilly Moon Explosion
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Er, You Are Not Going To Wear That Out In Public Are You?

It's the weekend so like most I have a little more time to shave and this puppy demands more time. You can't rush this razor.

B8776FF7-F682-41A2-8D2A-23E1B2B68850.jpeg

Saturday 19th November
Schick G1 - Schick Plus Platinum #3 - Wilkinson Sword Shaving Stick - Jayaruh 289 - Superdrug Sierran Breeze AS - Aloe Vera Gel
SLQpuMs.jpg

19/11/22
Shavette Saturday
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Jayaruh #291 Tuxedo Knot
Soap - Palmolive Classic Cream
Razor - Focus R28 Slim AL
Blade - 0.5 - Indian 7 o' Clock PS Green
Post - Cold water Rinse, Alum Rub
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood and Patchouli Argan Oil and Balm
A/S - Brut Original
PB190009.JPG
A nice bit of early morning sink time, the Classic Palmolive punches well above its price tag and produced plenty of protection for the shave.
Today i used half of an Indian 7o'Clock green, for me they actually work better in the Focus than the pre-cut Perma-sharps as it is designed to "use" the snapped tabs as tension between the plates.
A really smooth 2 pass shave for a really smooth DFS+ finish.
A wonderful little razor that feels safe in the hand to use. I tested my result with an Alum block rub, no indication at all. Very nice.
A classic post shave finishing with the Brut splash. Go on our 'enry.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Regarding Trig Blue vs Green packaging ...

As to say which is the better blade between the different covers, they are the same blade IMHO just in different packaging for selling purposes.

While there is a different price point, I'm inclined to agree.

Consider also, Wilkinson Sword (regular) vs Wilkinson Sword Economie (with the yellow card). Same blade on the face of it, once unpacked. Likewise, Vidyut Super Stainless (in the blue Wizamet-style packaging) vs the Vidyut Stainless (in the burgundy/yellow packaging), again same blade once unpacked.

I have a completely unconfirmed thought that it might be the lesser priced are less finished ... or rather the higher priced get an additional strop, or something, to ensure a smoother shave from the off. Or, simply the same blade and we're finding infinitely small differences because we think there's a difference.

EF7AF4F2-1782-4C26-9A35-8F768D528B7B.jpeg
SOTD: 19/11/2022

Razor: Blackland Era
Blade: Astra SP, 3rd use
Brush: Yaqi Purple Haze
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Pre-Shave Cream Sensitive Cream
Soap: Løthur Calm Croap
Aftershave: PAA Awesome Sauce Aftershave
Balm: Proraso Crema Liquida Dopobarba Balm

Best shave yet with the Era and another DFS. A great plate for a light shave but I’ll be on the lookout for any level 4 or 5 plates.
Today has also fuelled my OCD to want to match the soaps I have with their matching splashes as the Lothur Calm smells divine. Enjoy the weekend guys.

19/11/2022

Razor: Alpha Outlaw Std
Blade: Gillette Blue (1)
Brush: Simpson Chubby 3 Manchurian
Soap: Stirling Executive Man

20221119_095852.jpg

What a brush! My two Manchurians were bought secondhand which works for me as the faces of others have already broken them in. By the time these brushes come to kiss the face of an angel, they're ready!

Regarding Trig Blue vs Green packaging ...

While there is a different price point, I'm inclined to agree.

Consider also, Wilkinson Sword (regular) vs Wilkinson Sword Economie (with the yellow card). Same blade on the face of it, once unpacked. Likewise, Vidyut Super Stainless (in the blue Wizamet-style packaging) vs the Vidyut Stainless (in the burgundy/yellow packaging), again same blade once unpacked.

I have a completely unconfirmed thought that it might be the lesser priced are less finished ... or rather the higher priced get an additional strop, or something, to ensure a smoother shave from the off. Or, simply the same blade and we're finding infinitely small differences because we think there's a difference.
The Vidyut Super Stainless I will be revisiting soon. I have found the Super-max (Blue Diamond Platinum & Titanium) like the vast majority of subcontinent blades not so much sharp but very smooth and comfortable which is something I like in a blade. I'm doing a revisit blade focus with subcontinent blades which I've enjoyed, the Treet 7days platinum are at the top of the class to date. I intend to carry on the SC Blade focus until the end of the year into 2023 revisiting various other Treet blades i have in my vast DE blade collection, Gillette 365, WS Saloon Pack) The RK Stainless, Sunny Supreme Stainless, Gillette Winner (Platinum &Stainless) Lancet Super Platinum, Gillette 7'0clock Super Platinum, and try out the V12 (Super Platinum). As i have such a large amount to contend with I'll be using each blade for two shaves max then it gets binned regardless of or if I can get more shaves from them. A luxury i can afford to waste. I've learnt a valid lesson with my past impulsive DE blade buying bouts that is, I have enough blades to last me for another two lifetimes. Yours- Barry. (y)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom