SOTD: Saturday 19 - Friday 25 November 2022.

Saturday 19th November

AL9nZEWraB3OcBH1-pUGo1j846H5PgzCPRW5Y6_n7XIjnx-ql8twfawikksvAD3dqgjD79U_jP6_g3hLIythtgUbMR9oDPgL17pn2ZAAPbT1wOiM4EF81DuusFkexn2W6y00OAJI2-uGCsBhV27i_h9aq1Y63Q=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Lord EmoFresh Shaving Cream & Razorock Bruce w/Plissoft Synthetic 24mm
Muhle Rocca Birch & Super Gillette Blue Stainless (3)
Jovan Musk Aftershave Cologne

With a couple of shaves on the Super Gillette Blue in an R89 I wondered if my initial high praise for this blade was overstated ... and so checked my notes, finding that I had used this particular blade in either a Muhle Rocca or my Gillette Hybrid Tech. Don't get me wrong, I do think this is a really excellent blade which is both sharp and has a certain je ne sait quoi because of the heritage but it's the razor. It really is. You can't get a bad shave from the Rocca whatever blade you put in - it will take bad blades and make them good; excellent blades and turn them sublime.

I've used the Lord EmoFresh Shaving Cream for three shaves now and while I like it, I don't love it. I like that it is gently mentholated and that cool builds as you build the lather. I like the slickness. I like the cushion. I like the face-feel afterwards. I don't like the greasy film that ends up coating the sink and anything else you've used, particularly the brush handle. The juice is worth the squeeze, if you like, as I certainly like the feel, scent and performance ... I'll enjoy using the tube I bought but unlikely to want another.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, folks!

Razor = Parker Variant ( 4 )
Blade = London Bridge ( 3 )
Brush = Yaqi Atlantis
Soap = The Watchman By Zingari Man with matching splash & Balm
34AA6255-8A2F-4F7B-BCFE-DB23BB3245EE.jpegStormy Air & Dark Skies
How appropriate for Scotland at the moment.
A Real top performer this soap possibly thee best from zingari man, having said that iv only tried 4 or 5 of their soaps.
The Brush just had to be the Atlantis or the Yaqi Ocean and again i haven’t used this brush in a while but it’s very good for the money,
A really good addition to the Den.
I decided to go with the Variant again but upped it to setting 4
A really good efficient shave although i’ll dial it up to 5 the next time as i feel 4 is still relatively mild.
Another fantastic 9/10
Stay Safe Boys & Girls

SOTD: 20th November 2022.

2.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men Power Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Palmolive Naturals Olive & Milk Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega S10018.
Face Lather.
Lather: Nivea Men Body Shaving Stick.
Blade: Treet Trig Silver Edge. (D2) (Green cover)
Razor: Jagen David B30.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Alum Rub. /Cold Water Face Rinse. / Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. / Nivea Men 2 Phase ASL + Body shaving Anti-Irritation ASL.

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

The J.D. B30 Chinese super-speed clone was kindly passed on to me by a work mate who tried traditional wet shaving for a while, but decided it wasn't for him. Each to their own choices.

Another comfortable 2 pass + pick-ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Body shaving Anti-Irritation ASL.

My face is feeling cool, smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay Safe and enjoy your Sunday Ladies & Gentlemen. :cool:

Last edited:
SOTD: 19/11/2022

Razor: Rockwell 6s #3
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue, 1st use
Brush: DS Cosmetic Ken Surfs
Bowl: Captains Choice Heavyweight Copper Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Red Sandalwood Cream
Soap: Proraso Sandalwood Cream
Aftershave: Geo F Trumper Sandalwood Cologne
Balm: Proraso Red Sandalwood Balm
Additional Care: Shave Tunes Courtesy Of An Italian Opera Playlist
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Devine

It's a Sandalwood kind of day today.

A3BEA549-2041-45FF-9868-CE7093679B63.jpeg

20/11/22
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Jayaruh #355 Maggards Knot
Soap - HWF #1 Patchouli & Cedarwood
Razor - Blackland Sabre
Blade - GEM PTFE S/S
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood and Patchouli Argan Oil and Balm
A/S - Signature Soap Danum
Wk 47 (2).JPG
A great shave with the wonderful Sabre this morning.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

7ilD88X.jpg

Prep: Country Life Tallow/Lanolin/Glycerin Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE 2017 Platypus High Mountain White Badger
Soap: Zingari Man Rambler
Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: Vintage NOS Rotbart Super Rostrfrei Chromstahl (1)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Bootlegger's Bay Rum Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Ogallala Bay Rum Double Strength Cologne

Superb blade. Unmistakably from the Golder Era, evidenced by the materials of construction and the performance.

IMG_20221120_110503_2.jpg
SOTD 20th November 2022

Razor - Schick Type F
Blade - Schick - Japan
Brush - Alpha Bulldog silvertip
Soap - Geo F T Eucris cream
Post - Geo F T Eucris skin food
Frag - Geo F T Eucris Edp

I was going to use my newly purchased Ingram shave cream however it turned out to be absolute rubbish!
I tried to make a lather from it twice but nothing happened, now, I have to say that this is the first cream / soap to have defeated me, so I knew it wasn't me it was the cream.
I really wanted it to work so I could report back that there was nothing wrong with this new formulation but sadly I cannot.
Don't waste your money on this cream!

I started again with a cream I know is top draw GFT Eucris and a lovely shave was had although I think I may need to change the blade before my next shave with the Type F as it was not as smooth as it should have been.

Enjoy your Sunday afternoon chap's. :)

Paul.

Last edited:
View attachment 96534
SOTD 20th November 2022

Razor - Schick Type F
Blade - Schick - Japan
Brush - Alpha Bulldog silvertip
Soap - Geo F T Eucris cream
Post - Geo F T Eucris skin food
Frag - Geo F T Eucris Edp

I was going to use my newly purchased Ingram shave cream however it turned out to be absolutely rubbish!
I tried to make a lather from it twice but nothing happened, now, I have to say that this is the first cream / soap to have defeated me, so I knew it wasn't me it was the cream.
I really wanted it to work so I could report back that there was nothing wrong with this new formulation but sadly I cannot.
Don't waste your money on this cream!

I started again with a cream I know is top draw GFT Eucris and a lovely shave was had although I think I may need to change the blade before my next shave with the Type F as it was not as smooth as it should have been.

Enjoy your Sunday afternoon chap's. :)

Paul.

The upside is there will be no formaldehyde on your face!

2002A4F6-99C5-4649-981B-236892484B80.jpeg

LEAF today to celebrate the last of the Autumn leaves to fall in my garden. I don’t actually have many trees in my garden, but plenty around us. However, the job of sweeping up autumn leaves is but a small price to pay for enjoying our trees in full leaf during the summer.
I recently got hold of a couple of NOS tubes of Crabtree & Evelyn Sandalwood shave cream on the Bay, so I decanted them into a late victorian lidded receptacle. The vintage MAW quickly provided a very creamy, smooth scented lather.
Not sure about “ambrosial glycerine and honey“ as a shave soap, but it could probably make a tasty sandwich spread :unsure:
The LEAF pivoting 3 blade (Gillette) and The Twig single blade (Derby) both performed admirably, no irritation or weeps and the alum block test gave only a very mild tingle on my neck. Man Cave moisturiser completed a very enjoyable Sunday shave.
The sun is shining here, hope it is also for you fellas, enjoy the day!

Back
Top Bottom