SOTD: Saturday 19 - Friday 25 November 2022.

Wow, I've never seen Old Spice Noir before, not much information about it online as well. How does it compare to the original one?
Probably not my favourite....but I have had it for years and needed to give it a 'run out'. No where near as spicy as the original. My nose isn't the best.....but I would describe it as closer to Brutal classic....more generic

1C01751B-DDD8-4E37-A379-6006C6926ABD.jpeg

Alpha brass bandit, another fabulous 1 pass shave from this beautiful razor.
Razorock XXX soap, instant lather, smooth and creamy, love it!
Vintage brush synthetic reknot, I love restoring knackered old brushes for a new lease of life, but prefer the feel of synthetic to bristle on my delicate skin.
Dorco Titan blade 4th use,

Have a great weekend fellas

19 November

Wickham 1912 Magnum
Yaqi Heavy Metal
Rockwell 6S
Treet Platinum
Bart’s Balm Ben Kilbreck

D4EB087E-36A4-4DB9-8D49-139F9BE307FC.jpeg
A third really good shave with the Rockwell/Treet combo. For me, the Rockwell 6S is always a comfortable and efficient razor, not as pretty as a Karve, but manages to work just that little bit better. The lather with the Wickham soap was excellent and the Bart’s balm a perfect finish.

Razor: Razoroc GC OC .64
Blade: Astra Superior (3)
Brush: Simpson Chubby 1
Soap: Sterling Lemon Chill
Splash: Sterling Lemon Chill

A great shave today. In use there is little to separate the .64 and .84 Game Changers, both can deliver a BBS shave, but I do seem to get more irritation and ingrown hair later with the .84 so I think it's nearly decided.
The Chubby 1 was a mixed bag, I loved the stiff knot but it didn't seem to hold water/ heat/ lather that well, and the short height meant the handle clashed with the side of the bowl. I'll give it another few goes but I don't think it's going to displace the Duke.
Finally the soap. Sterling offer a good modern soap at a fantastic price, it's not got the care and moisturising of the best, but it certainly doesn't have their price either. However this one made me smell like a boiled sweet so into the sale pile it goes.

IMG_20221118_085213_1.jpg
SOTD 19th November 2022

Razor - Ever-Ready 1912 made in England
Blade - Personna Gem
Soap - Klar Kabinett with 5ml of Glycerine
Brush - Chisel and Hound Silvertip
Post - Baxter of California ASB
Frag - kouros - YSL Edt

A lovely shave to start the weekend, I whipped up a great lather, the addition of a small amount of glycerine to the Klar Kabinett made a noticeable difference.
The ER 1912 was a pleasure to shave with making short work of knocking down my stubble.
Baxter of California ASB finished off the shave a treat and left my face cool and fresh.
One of my all time favourite frags kouros from YSL was used so I was well shaven and smelling fantastic! :)

Have a great weekend chaps but let's be safe out there!

Paul.

Prep: Hot towel
Razor: Rockwell 6S – #3
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock SharpEdge (Yellow) just to see if it's as smooth as 'they' say.
Brush: Rooney Heritage 2XL Jade
Soap: Denton Majik: Unscented (Gamechanger) another new soap.

the 'Yellow' was a touch too much for my liking, but thankfully the Denton Majik: Gamechanger offers a very protective lather, and a wonderful post shave feel, so all's well that ends well.

Saturday AM 2022-11-19
National Virtual Reality Day
hnFpJqP.png

Rooney 1/1 Ivory Finest (22/45)
Penhaligon's Lords shaving cream (vintage)
Paradigm Diamondback
Personna 74 Tungsten (6)
Penhaligon's Lords aftershave (vintage)
AmmF3Es.jpg

Back
Top Bottom