SOTD: Saturday 19 - Friday 25 November 2022.

20 November

Martin de Candre Original
Simpson Chubby 2
Razorock Hawk v3
Feather Professional
Village Barber balm

F0F64CF5-2EE6-4381-B343-882A0BF345B0.jpeg
I have never had much success with Razorock razors. Neither of the Game Changers convinced me and the aluminium Hawk v2 was just plain rough. All were moved on. The Hawk v3 is an entirely different proposition giving a close and comfortable shave in two passes with minimum effort. An excellent little AC razor. The rest of the kit was up to the job too. A superb sunny Sunday shave.

I started again with a cream I know is top draw GFT Eucris and a lovely shave was had although I think I may need to change the blade before my next shave with the Type F as it was not as smooth as it should have been.

Enjoy your Sunday afternoon chap's. :)

Good call, Paul! I'm going with Eucris cream tonight (y)

View attachment 96534
SOTD 20th November 2022

Razor - Schick Type F
Blade - Schick - Japan
Brush - Alpha Bulldog silvertip
Soap - Geo F T Eucris cream
Post - Geo F T Eucris skin food
Frag - Geo F T Eucris Edp

I was going to use my newly purchased Ingram shave cream however it turned out to be absolute rubbish!
I tried to make a lather from it twice but nothing happened, now, I have to say that this is the first cream / soap to have defeated me, so I knew it wasn't me it was the cream.
I really wanted it to work so I could report back that there was nothing wrong with this new formulation but sadly I cannot.
Don't waste your money on this cream!

I started again with a cream I know is top draw GFT Eucris and a lovely shave was had although I think I may need to change the blade before my next shave with the Type F as it was not as smooth as it should have been.

Enjoy your Sunday afternoon chap's. :)

Paul.
What a beautiful set!. I shaved with a Type F years ago. If I recall I expected a R41 type shave but it was rather mild more so than most the other Schick Injectors?

20/11/22

Pre - Palmolive Sea Minerals
Brush - Omega 10075
Soap - Florena Cream
Razor - Gillette New (Colgate set)
Blade - Gillette 365 (5)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - La Rive Cabana

A few firsts for today's shave, I'll start first with the cream. Florena lathers beautifully, and it performs really well too, slick with decent cushion. I'd rate the performance to be there with some of the better shaving creams I have used and it sits well on the skin, but there is a however coming... The scent is a very strange one, I can't quite put my finger on it, it's not one I am massively enthusiastic but I will give it a few more goes before it goes into the cupboard of shame.
The next first for this shave, was the razor. I've been using my other New OC, one which has slots on the baseplate, today I used one I acquired this week, which doesn't have slots on the baseplate, but a ridge. I was expecting both razors to perform the same in the shave, but I was wrong. The New with the ridge is a touch more efficient and smoother in the shave, it performed quite majestically with the Gillette 365. This blade seems to go under the radar, and I'm not quite sure why, I think it might be one of the better Gillette blades, be it made in Russia or anywhere else.
A really enjoyable shave from start to finish.

Have a good Sunday gents.

IMG_20221120_125645.jpg

What a beautiful set!. I shaved with a Type F years ago. If I recall I expected a R41 type shave but it was rather mild more so than most the other Schick Injectors?
Thank you, yes it's milder than some of the Schick razor's I've owned in the past but that's ok with me but it's still not as mild as my Feather AS-D2! :)

Paul.

...The scent is a very strange one, I can't quite put my finger on it, it's not one I am massively enthusiastic but I will give it a few more goes before it goes into the cupboard of shame...

Many a man has thought that, albeit under..........different circumstances. :sick: ;)

Back on track:

LaJrm7E.jpg

Sunday AM 2022-11-20
Birthdate in 1838 of William Painter, inventor of the bottle opener and the crown bottle cap
qhIYGR0.jpg

Rooney Stubby 1 Porcelain Finest (22/45)
Ethos Grooming Mélange d’Agrumes shaving cream
Carbon Damascus
Personna 74 Tungsten (7)
Ethos Grooming Mélange d’Agrumes aftershave

A very refreshing shave on a cool but sunny morning.
kxrrCbm.jpg

Sunday 20th November

AL9nZEXeTY9TPafX5QxXw-Mw2uw25aYVSp02t5nGZ2qhC7wmn1jtiJzCf0ug638aUsKlGLDsY4enOVxN_qNvj9r79IyD9ZhGW0pxOzjXUs-jZgn3-2bCee2mh09VfxowCfjYEAUFr_mnWXZYTrlLiitPxka3lQ=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Trumpers' Eucris Shaving Cream & Razorock Bruce w/Plissoft Synthetic 24mm
Muhle Rocca Jet & Super Gillette Blue Stainless (4)
Coty Musk (Vintage) Aftershave

... and there it is, that logically impossible better than perfect shave. The Super Gillette Blue in the Rocca is a sheer marvel! Superb 10+ shave made especially special with a splash of vintage Coty Musk aftershave which is everything that Jovan Musk really should be. Lovely to have a shave lather with the Eucris scent, as the soap is so appalling it is simply not fit for purpose. The cream is, albeit with a slightly less powerful scent.

Champion!

Today's SOTD was duly appointed the theme, 'Of cabbages and Kings'

A photo of today's shaving accoutrements

20221119_191952.jpg

King Cobra killer - Stainless Mongoose
Spring steel - Feather Super Professional
Heir brush - Cadman 24mm Tuxedo
January King Cabbage - Bath House Spanish fig and nutmeg

A photo of a cabbage

20221120_110635.jpg

'Cabbage? Again? No, no, no!'

A lovely warming shave on this cold wintery day up this way. A new Super pro and the compulsory nick appeared through a moment of stupidity and not taking enough care. Nothing the styptic couldn't take care of, so need to report in to A&E on this occasion.

A nice close finish (perhaps a little too close at one point) and sufficient to keep me very happy.

I can't believe I have volunteered to work the river tomorrow.

I wish you all a wonderful week just around the corner and just to say, I love you all.

Have some Band Maid to share the love around....

And eat your greens folks

Back
Top Bottom