SOTD: Saturday 19 - Friday 25 November 2022.

Yes, I'm going through the same this week and all too regularly. It's making me ill for sure. It's not even "getting ahead", it's become the expectation. I spoke to my director about it and the health problems it has caused, and he said, verbatim, in front of the whole team "welcome to 2021, if I tell you to work all night you bloody well work all night!". He's a young ambitious little upstart with a care only for his progression, and if we die of heart or mh problems he'll kick our bodies out of the way and hire more. I would leave but I get the impression everywhere is like this now and it's just become commonplace. Everyone talks about mental health on LinkedIn but the reality is that they push and push until people break and then say "he could not hack it, no loss to us".
A wiser man than me one told me "the job is lucky to have you, not the other way round"

Take your skills to somewhere you are appreciated.

As a youngster I worked on building sites, and as I was only a kid I was pushed about a fair bit. It was only when I started standing up for myself that I was treated fairly (although I was still on tea and sweeping duty more than the older lads)

There's more than one way to skin a cat - wait for your superior to drop a proper bollock and grass the wanker up and relish in his demise!!

Cheers Paul. I know, although I am technically a desk bound professional, when I lost my business due to corporate malfeasance by my biggest client, I found myself on a site labouring, carrying, sweeping and making more tea. A very different environment but a lot less stress overall. Body didn't want to continue after a while though or I might have stayed.

Thank goodness it's Friday, although it's not looking good and I have a meeting with *him* to talk about the project I've done 60h on this week to save, but let's at least start the day well!

So, a repeat of yesterday's really. Proraso sandalwood cream whipped up in the Lickimat bowl. The SOC is drying so today it's the 820. Hawk V3A and Feather Pro (5). Another incredibly smooth result but not a single red dot today. I think I'll finish up with Bio oil and a splash of Tabac AS, that's my go-to comfort finish.
20221125_081555.jpg

Last edited:
SOTD: 25/11/2022

Razor: Razorock Hawk V3
Blade: Feather Professional, 5th use
Brush: Simpsons Trafalgar
Bowl: Face Lather
Soap: Extro Cosmesi Bay Rum Croap
Balm: Stirling Bay Rum With Witch Hazel Lotion
Additional Care: Shave Tunes Courtesy Of The Rat Pack
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Er, You Are Not Going To Wear That Out In Public Are You?

It's a bay rum kind of day. The wife is not impressed with the smell so she is dragging me off for a walk around a lake to blow the smell off.

7EB5BDEA-B6FA-4F8B-9201-4329FFE34C86.jpeg

Friday 25th November
Open Comb Injector 3D - Schick Proline B #2 - Wickham 1912 Apricus - Yaqi Ever-Helpful - Blue Stratos AS - Wickham 1912 Apricus Balm
HCqxBER.jpg

Another design from Roger Quintero. The blade is held by a spring in the handle.
Schingenious!

Last edited:
Gillette super speed circa 1960
King C. Gillette blade
Striling Dunshire
Yaqui Sagrada
Witch Hazel water
Floid after shave

Fantastic 2 passes shave. Stirling soaps are really like whipped butter... and they smell a bit as such but the protection is awesome.
Eagerly waiting for the Martin De Candre I ordered using the 35% discount today in the rasoigoodfellas web shop

Have a smashing weekend folks!

SOTD: 25/11/2022

Razor: Razorock Hawk V3
Blade: Feather Professional, 5th use
Brush: Simpsons Trafalgar
Bowl: Face Lather
Soap: Extro Cosmesi Bay Rum Croap
Balm: Stirling Bay Rum With Witch Hazel Lotion
Additional Care: Shave Tunes Courtesy Of The Rat Pack
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Er, You Are Not Going To Wear That Out In Public Are You?

It's a bay rum kind of day. The wife is not impressed with the smell so she is dragging me off for a walk around a lake to blow the smell off.

View attachment 96727

Try Stirling Gentleman. My wife despises it, and of course I love it. She tells me I smell like an "old drawer" when I wear it. Not clear what she has in mind

And as my last entry for this week of SOTD's you can have this one themed, 'Black Friday and special offer'

A two for the price of one shave of the day

Thursday

20221123_160708.jpg

Big Sale, Big Sale - Occams Enoch
Big offer - Feather Super Professional
Big discount - Hive-2
Big savings - Signature Soaps Hibernia

Friday

20221124_181445.jpg

Two for one - Occams Enoch
Three for two - Feather Super Professional
One for two - Cadman 24mm Tuxedo
One two three - Signature Soaps Londinium

'The Japanese branch of the Emporium opens its first High Street shop'

As a special offer for today you can have a 90% discount on my usual crap spiel and this is where my SOTD ends. Thank you

Except for some Japanese girlies of course. Well at least the vocalist and the trans guitarist. Blood Stain Child

Have wonderful weekends and take my love for you all with you

25/11/22
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Simpson Chubby 2 Synth
Soap - Stirling Soap co. Stirling Spice
Razor - Colonial General V2
Blade - Kai Captain Titan Mild
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Proraso Red
A/S - Old Spice Original
Wk 47 (7).JPG
A great shave earlier on from the ever dependable and i think the best, bar non, of the AC style razors, the General V2.
YMMV of course.
The standard CH2 synth seems softer than the LE i used yesterday, i think the knot is set a smidgen higher in the handle opening the knot and allowing it to splay more easily.
The Stirling being the powerhouse it is with high scent profile and a great all round shaving soap.
A nice post shave routine setting me up for the day.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Back
Top Bottom