SOTD: Saturday 19 - Friday 25 November 2022.

Give me five minutes in a sealed room with the cunt. Arthritis or no, he’d get the full wrath of my Fraser temper.
Scared Saturday Night Live GIF by HULU

Razor = Muhle Rocca
Blade = London bridge
Brush = C& H Turquoise Lilly V15
Soap = B&M Right Handed Giant with matching balm
Splash = Brut by Fabargè
View attachment 96711Magic shave tonight.
The scent on this soap is spot on and a wonderful take on Brut.
There’s a good few soaps out there i would be very disappointed iv i couldn’t get again & this is one of them.
I really like the way these companies do a homage to the older scents.
The Rocca paired with the london bridge was also class
a really fine shave.
Stay Safe Boys & Girls
B&M? It’s P&B, ye daft hobo! :ROFLMAO:

I do love that iconic, powdery scent though.

I have always mean to ask are you based in Kentucky? I used to live in Cincinnati and had a friend who's wife came from there and always joked about getting 'lucky in Kentucky', I thought it was a general saying for the area or it might have been just something he came up with?
I'm not a native as I'm from Pennsylvania originally and never heard it. He ust be the originator :ROFLMAO:

Razor: Razoroc Game Changer .68 OC
Blade: Wilkinson Sword (India) (3)
Brush: Simpson Best Duke 3
Soap: A&E Fruits de la Passion
Splash: A&W Fruits de la Passion

I was so good at remembering to take pictures and now I keep forgetting! Bit of a disappointment from the RRGC, it felt like a premium razor but harsh, whereas the SLOC yesterday felt light and flighty like a cheap razor but a closer more comfortable shave. Fruits de la Passion was a rare scent miss from A&E. It's a pleasant scent light with citrus notes, but I was expecting something darker and more passionate, so this is going straight in the sell pile and B&M Passiflora takes that role in my collection.

Very nice and relaxing Shave, could almost feel my Father next to me, guiding me.

Pre Shave:
Hot water rinse
Facial scrub Harry's Peppermint
Hot water rinse
Hot towel
VB Black Forest Pre Shave Oil
Jatai Blade Glide

Shave:
Soaked VB White Knight
Warmed Parker 70C
Worked West Indian Lime Cream lather
3 Passes
First pass, with the grain
Second pass, across the grain
Third pass, against the grain
Parker 70C all three passes

Post Shave:
Hot water rinse
Hot towel
Harry's Aftershave Balm
Cold towel
Alum block
West Indian Lime lotion
Eye Cream
Clean and dry razor
Change Blade

Rating: 4 / 5

Razor: Parker 70C
Blade: Parker Premium Platinum
Brush: Vikings Blade White Knight
Pre-Shave: Vikings Blade Black Forest Pre Shave Oil
Lather: Truefitt and Hill West Indian Lime
Aftershave: Truefitt and Hill West Indian Lime lotion
Additional Care:
Harry's Peppermint Face Wash
Hot towel
Harry's Post Shave Balm
MK Eye Cream
Osma bloc Alum Stone
Jatai Blade Glide Plus https://shavingbuddies.com/shave/63801889ea7b8c79278d843e20221124_184401.jpg

SOTD 25-Nov
20221124_144935.jpg
Brush: DG B15
Soap: Stirling Baker Street
Razor: Lambda Athena
Blade: GSB (2)

Another cracking shave, nice smooth run with an exceptional finish. The lather channels are quite novel, as long as you're using warm water it'll clear out the lather and give you spouts of water out the side. I've only noticed this same effect on the WR3 when you have water running into the back and the head when clearing it...yes I'm easily entertained.

There are only 2 minor notes that I have and neither of them would make me stop using it. The first is the positioning of the flattened areas on the handle, now this is just because I insist on putting a washer on there, but it means the flattened parts are marginally off from where my fingers naturally fall. Without though its perfect, so perhaps seeing as I never intend to get rid I could do away with the washer.

The second are the corners of the baseplate, they are relatively pointed, so if you're off a little on the run it can poke. Now this is me really nitpicking, it's not going to gouge holes in your face so again not major.

Still very happy, smooth and irritation free!

Hope everyone has a cracking day and a good kick off to the weekend!

Cheers

Marc

Back
Top Bottom