SOTD: Saturday 19 - Friday 25 November 2022.

And the theme is, 'Top banana'

Shaving stuff

20221122_125758.jpg

Banana cake - Tatara Nodachi dark
Banana bread - Polsilver Lodz
Banana pudding - Highlander 26mm Cashmere
Banana cream - Penhaligons Bayolea
Banana fritter - Banana Republic Neroli Woods

Banana stuff

20221122_163943.jpg

'You really are expecting something silly, childish and rude from me, aren't you? Well today you're not getting anything'

My razor of the year award winner? May be. It is exactly the same as the standard Tatara Nodachi, but it has sexy value. Unlike me. What it does (in a sexy manner) is produce damn fine, fear free, fantastic follicle freeing, face feeling, fabulous fucking shaves. Only placed an expletive in there to drag the 'f' theme out a bit further. Fairy shaves just didn't quite sound right. And anyone who shaves fairies is a sick puppy.

So damn right, it did a pretty fine job as Tatara's always do. Three superb passes to shaving heaven and a banana split smooth shave.

Everything else played their part and thank you for being superb support artists. (y)

Time to put a record on the phonobananagraph.

And why? It's that Japanese band 'with some gilrlies', Melt Banana!

Shaving stuff

View attachment 96615

Banana stuff

View attachment 96631

'You really are expecting something silly, childish and rude from me, aren't you? Well today you're not getting anything'

My razor of the year award winner? May be. It is exactly the same as the standard Tatara Nodachi, but it has sexy value. Unlike me. What it does (in a sexy manner) is produce damn fine, fear free, fantastic follicle freeing, face feeling, fabulous fucking shaves. Only placed an expletive in there to drag the 'f' theme out a bit further. Fairy shaves just didn't quite sound right. And anyone who shaves fairies is a sick puppy.

So damn right, it did a pretty fine job as Tatara's always do. Three superb passes to shaving heaven and a banana split smooth shave.

Everything else played their part and thank you for being superb support artists. (y)

My daughter went to an all girls school and she said at lunch time they were forbidden by the head mistress to eat a banana the normal way, they first had to peel it completely, leave it in the skin, then cut it into small sections and use a fork to eat it in a “more lady like” manner. Can’t think why this was. :unsure:

Shaving stuff

View attachment 96615

Banana stuff

View attachment 96631

I have just this second finished looking up banana bread recipies, so this was spot on. :LOL:

My daughter went to an all girls school and she said at lunch time they were forbidden by the head mistress to eat a banana the normal way, they first had to peel it completely, leave it in the skin, then cut it into small sections and use a fork to eat it in a “more lady like” manner. Can’t think why this was. :unsure:

It almost has 'Ouch!' value

Wednesday AM 2022-11-23
The last surviving clipper ship, the Cutty Sark, was launched on this date in 1869
And I put together a plastic model of it, painted and with rigging and sails and all, at a work bench in our garage, when I was around 10 years old. What an ordeal.
vKPrlND.jpg

Rooney 3/1 Ebony Finest (22/48)
Czech & Speake Oxford and Cambridge shaving soap (tallow)
Carbon Mokume-gane
Personna 74 Tungsten (10)
Caldey Abbey aftershave
hdzegKY.jpg

ABD29CB7-A764-4AC8-85AD-FA0E17B84A57.jpeg
SOTD: 21/11/2022

Razor: Gillette Tech
Blade: London Bridge , 3rd use
Brush: Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Stirling Shadow Orchid Puck
Aftershave: Tom Ford Black Orchid EDT
Balm: Bart’s Balm Sample Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

Day 2 with the Vector and it was a marked improvement, as usual the Feather Pro’s edge was softened and much improved on the second days use. The lather was also top notch and as such I found it’ll the whole shave a significant improvement on yesterday first use. That said I’d still say I found the Shield an easier, smoother and more intuitive shave initially. I do however enjoy the Vector for that more taxing challenge so I guess I’ve been very lucky with my last three razor purchases, I’ve loved all three, the Vector, Era and the Shield.

Wednesday 23rd November

AL9nZEUaWcbk1ZbrsJGg7bAwBZnwsVDv9AQ_BWUJBO5KLHfSf50Lf6-aEFEYYRnejvmNToEU6sWIZcJ4cfkbYglrySQ_USx5aGn_IvHSMN4vB2MaiudE59DNY6M3J_UTkt9CA5Hr39xgOAvK20QcUwAIYI7z7w=w800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Vitos Supercrema (Classic) Shaving Soap & Yaqi Dandelion w/Cashmere Synthetic 24mm
Gillette Rocket HD & Wizamet Super Iridium (3)
Novaya Zarya Russian Forest Cologne (as Aftershave)

Hello Paul,

What is the Russian Forest Cologne like? Is it a suitable used as an aftershave? What's the scent profile like?

MakeUp.Uk are selling some of those colognes, which I've been tempted to buy, largely down to liking the artwork on the bottles!

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom