SOTD: Saturday 17 September - Friday 23 September

Wednesday 21st September

AL9nZEVbMpRajS75a39FaMuPxCb4kxDF0gZwbg0YejfNP319aE5aaeXOnLhWp7Jq8HGHcfTbNmft8Hxtx734cuCN5M0PfIlVfCtqDJRkL_FpLAdXBQp80bX8Ww3tHILGKBS38I0qLsgJInLy6PNSqmJSQWcO1Q=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
3P Shaving Soap & HJM Professional w/G5B Synthetic 24mm
Yaqi SE & Treet Platinum
Pinaud VIBR

Phew! That's better!

Three days in bed with raging COVID sweats and total body pain, I've been up and about for a couple ... and felt well enough tonight to shave. I am glad I did and enjoyed scything through the best of a week with my favourite DE blade in the wide-gapped Yaqi SE. Generous splashes of VIBR all over!

Yeah! I feel alive again!

Wednesday 21st September

AL9nZEVbMpRajS75a39FaMuPxCb4kxDF0gZwbg0YejfNP319aE5aaeXOnLhWp7Jq8HGHcfTbNmft8Hxtx734cuCN5M0PfIlVfCtqDJRkL_FpLAdXBQp80bX8Ww3tHILGKBS38I0qLsgJInLy6PNSqmJSQWcO1Q=s800

Yaqi SE & Treet Platinum
Pinaud VIBR

Phew! That's better!

Three days in bed with raging COVID sweats and total body pain, I've been up and about for a couple ... and felt well enough tonight to shave. I am glad I did and enjoyed scything through the best of a week with my favourite DE blade in the wide-gapped Yaqi SE. Generous splashes of VIBR all over!

Sounds nasty, hope you are on the mend Paul.

Wednesday 21st September

Yaqi SE & Treet Platinum
Pinaud VIBR

Phew! That's better!

Good to read your on the mend. Take it easy. Regards- Barry.

05A4EECB-BC69-45E5-95F6-3C8417779C18.jpeg
SOTD: 21/09/2022

Razor: Yaqi The Final Cut Brass
Blade: Pol Silver Super Iridium, 3rd use
Brush: Yaqi Purple Haze
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Stirling Shadow Orchid Puck
Aftershave: Tom Ford Black Orchid EDT
Balm: Baxter Of California Aftershave Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

Superb shaves on all three days, I’m very lucky to have got hold of this razor! I started off on 2 and built up to 3 and it just gave a great shave. I love the Stirling base and Shadow orchid scent but I’ve yet to find a good match for my Tom Fords yet, this doesn’t quite match still. Nevertheless it compliments it well.
Enjoy the rest of the day guys.

21/09/2022

Razor: Yaqi AC Raster
Blade: Kai Pink (8)
Brush: Semogue Torga C5 Silvertip
Soap: Seaforth! Sea Lime Something-or-other

No pic - I'm a busy (lazy) boy.

Bought another Yaqi AC head to try. Don't know why I did that. Didn't like it the first time and still don't like it.
Hahaha well something must have made you think it worth another go. Let me know if you want shot of it, I'm curious to try AC/SE and that V3 head seems like the cheapest way to dip one's toe in. Just found out my motorbike is probably a scrapper so I'm all low rent at the moment lol!

Last edited:
An astounding photo Iain. Wonderfully artistic (y)
Absolutely, I look at my snapshots and think that's crap. I look at a @Digimonkey photograph think that's a quality photo.
I have realised photos are more composition than camera. I have a decent camera but take snapshots, had a trip to Fort William, took loads of pictures only about 5 or 10 turned out to be decent.
Yea I have an eye for shite.

Wednesday 21st September

Yaqi SE & Treet Platinum
Pinaud VIBR

Phew! That's better!

Pleased you are feeling better now,
Take it easy.

Paul.

View attachment 93785
SOTD: 21/09/2022

Razor: Yaqi The Final Cut Brass
Blade: Pol Silver Super Iridium, 3rd use
Brush: Yaqi Purple Haze
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Stirling Shadow Orchid Puck
Aftershave: Tom Ford Black Orchid EDT
Balm: Baxter Of California Aftershave Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

Superb shaves on all three days, I’m very lucky to have got hold of this razor! I started off on 2 and built up to 3 and it just gave a great shave. I love the Stirling base and Shadow orchid scent but I’ve yet to find a good match for my Tom Fords yet, this doesn’t quite match still. Nevertheless it compliments it well.
Enjoy the rest of the day guys.
Have you tried Catie's Bubbles - A Midnight Dreary? I personally think it's a good match

Wednesday 21st September

Yaqi SE & Treet Platinum
Pinaud VIBR

Phew! That's better!

Wishing you a speedy, full recovery Paul

Razor = Feather AS-D2
Blade = Bolzano Super ( 2 )
Brush = The Darn Robb 26mm Boar
Cream = TOBS Eton College Collection with matching splash
Balm = ES Fragrance Free
475A0022-CCD4-44AF-9A79-288ED6F04428.jpegSecond use of the Bolzano and a thoroughly decent shave.
Decent enough blades but i doubt i would buy them again,
there’s far better out there for the cash.
Scent wise the Eton College is in my top 5 for sure
A wonderful rich citrus scent & paired with the matching Aftershave it’s a dream to use.
Home on Sunday for me so it certainly perks me up.
Stay Safe Everyone

Have you tried Catie's Bubbles - A Midnight Dreary? I personally think it's a good match
I have quite a while ago but found it to be quite a mild, low scented soap. I probably should try it again. I’d like to try HC&C’s version as they do an unscented soap and fragrance drops so I could try that on my next US Mail call.

Back
Top Bottom