SOTD: Saturday 17 September - Friday 23 September

Unknowingly inspired by the above, I had also gone for a cheap n cheerful one today, (excluding the razor).

Cella red
Yaqi Moka Express synth
Gillette Slim on #4
Nacet (4/out)
Bio oil
Brut original

A lovely smooth shave with no errors to report except a little red dot at the bottom of my neck where I caught a bump.
20220921_091911.jpg

Last edited:
hm72y8I.png

Wednesday 09.21.22
RAZOR: Design 94 Titanium
BLADE: Feather
BRUSH: Elite Razor Red, White and Blue 24mm Manchurian White Fan
LATHER: Phoenix and Beau Spitfire Shaving Soap

Unknowingly inspired by the above, I had also gone for a cheap n cheerful one today, (excluding the razor).

Cella red
Yaqi Moka Express synth
Gillette Slim on #4
Nacet (4/out)
Bio oil
Brut original

A lovely smooth shave with no errors to report except a little red dot at the bottom of my neck where I caught a bump.
View attachment 93750
@hotmetal ;)mind-reading-shocked.gif

Wednesday
After such a rough shave yesterday, I decided that my favourite SE razor which was pre loaded on Sunday with a Schick blade would make me think SEs are good again! That theory worked!

Bit dark, bit rainy, starting to get more of a chill in the air. I was hoping that my latest acquisition would have arrived, however, Latigo suits the change in weather and performed well.

Have a nice autumnal day everyone

Attachments

• IMG_20220921_091253__01.jpg
    IMG_20220921_091253__01.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 6
Wednesday 21st September

Gillette Guard #5 - Somersets Original Shave Oil - Lynx Africa AS

An early start this morning so I went with a 'Cheap as Chips' convenient shave. After 5 shaves with the Guard blade it was still very good but a bit of a drop off was noticeable. I think this is the maximum for me and normal service will be resumed tomorrow.

21/09/22
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Culmak Junior
Soap - Signature Soap Danum
Razor - GEM Jr. G3 1943 "US Military Issue"
Blade - GEM PTFE S/S
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Cinnamon & Patchouli Balm & Lotion
A/S - Signature Soap Danum
Wk 38  (5).JPG Shipper a.jpg Shipper.jpg
Well, yesterdays "rushed" shave was uncalled for, i got my days mixed up, My PT session was for today :-
Season 3 Wall GIF by The Simpsons

I still did an hour in the Gym then completed my hours swim yesterday - i did feel it and slept like a log last night. Back on track today with another Gym session.
To the shave :-
The last of my birthday presents from my family - a lovely NOS 1943 GEM Jr. with shipping case, i do like this one.
I decided on the little Culmak Jr as it seemed apt for todays sink time. A wonderful face lather, although i did loose a few bristles today, probably due to not soaking the brush fully - Oh well.
3 passes today giving me a lovely audio soundtrack and BBS finish.
A very nice post shave which has seen the end of the Barts Cinnamon & Patchouli Balm (i have the newer version on the shelf).
I did get some very light, fleeting indication on the left jawline from the Danum splash, nothing to write home about.
All in all a very nice shave.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

I had an early start this morning and no time to shave, so this afternoon, decided to try Kamisori, my first attempt with this type. Somewhat apprehensive, but lathered up with Rubberset homage and RazoRock Emperor soap, Torpedo half blade (came with the Kami). Really impressed with the result, no blood and a really close shave. Will certainly be used again.
enjoy the day fellas!

image.jpg

Wednesday 21st September

Soap • Noble Otter Monarch
Brush • Boti Leader SHD
Razor • Alpha Evolution (on loan)
Blade • Schick Proline P (4)
Post • Penhalligons Endymion Cologne

Same set up as Monday.
I like the Evo more than the Occams Enoch. It's very well balanced, and I find the thinner part of the handle helps me keep a steady hold. Whoever designed the handle knew what they wanted to achieve.
Having used both razors twice each I'm decided that I'm probably better off with my Hawk V3, and may well look out for an A or Open Comb plate to give me options.

Many thanks again to Chris @Boycie83 for very kindly loaning me these two razors.

21/9/22

Brush - Omega/Goodfellas Smile 'The Hog'/10077
Soap - Vitos Red Coco/Citronella
Razor - Gillette Rocket
Blade - Gillette Nacet (9)
Post - Nivea Cool Kick
AS - Superdrug Sierran Breeze

I've not really used my GFS 10077 much, just looking at my brush spreadsheet (yes, I know) and it has a 23mm knot, with a 50mm loft with a 7mm glue bump, and from the eye it looks reasonably similar to my Omega 10075 which has a 23mm knot, 48mm loft width, which equates to a few mms in difference for the loft. In the shave the face feel of both brushes is noticably different. The 10075 even with a lot of shaves and is now well broken in, is quite short and scrubby, not the easiest brush to get air into the lather (but pleasantly scrubby) whilst the Hog/10077 is quite noticable that the bristles move around a lot more, it's much easier to get air into the lather, even after just a handful of shaves. Both brushes cost the best part of £8 combined and are different but still very enjoyable to use.
Now onto the shave, quite a nice lather with the Vitos Red Coco, and the Gillette Rocket and Nacet were very smooth and comfortable.

IMG_20220921_174130.jpg

Back
Top Bottom