SOTD: Saturday 17 September - Friday 23 September

SOTD: 17th September 2022.

1.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower. /Asda Mandarin & Lemongrass Extract Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar Soap. / Bloom water.
Brush: Omega 10066.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Franken-lather: Scottish Fine Shaving Soap + Wickham 1912 Irish Fern. (Sample)
Razor: Gillette Guard. (D1) Face.
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE 89. (Kelvin) / Dorco Titan. (D2) Head.
Cold water face wash with brush squeezings,Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. /Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic. /Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

Greetings,

(Face & Head Shave)

A new eclectic shave set up to start the Weekend...I decided to use the EJ DE 89/Dorco Titan for my head shave and use up the remnants of the Wickham 1912 Irish Fern sample by mixing it together with the Scottish Fine Shaving Soap to make a wonderful franken-lather.

It's been a while since i last used the Gillette Guard of which i will be using with all my shaves throughout the week.

Without repeating myself i have mentioned before when i first started to fully shave my head and before i had the shaving confidence & technique to do so with a DE or SE razor my choice razor of was the Gillette guard. It's the only cartridge razor i still occasionally use.

My first maiden shave with it felt like i was shaving with a potato peeler due to the tilting head, but what i really like about is it doesn't clog up due to it been open comb and having a large blade gap, one of the few if any open comb single edge cartridge razors on the market. It's excellent for tight spots and problem areas.

My only crits are the plastic issue which i suppose will be recycle in the near future somehow, and it's very light in weight but that's expected considering what it costs to make, 'you're not going to get a shave from it like a DE or a SE razor granted but it's not bad the overall shave performance from this one-blade cartridge razor gives a "socially acceptable shave".

The Gillette Guard is easy to adjust to when shaving with it...I can normally get 3-4 max combined face & head shaves from one cartridge/head which i consider this excellent value especially for head/dome shaving.

It's an ideal travel razor, or when you're in need of a quick no fuss can't be arsed presentable face or head shave...I wouldn't replace it for my DE or SE razors, but i recommend giving a try if having the opportunity to do so.

A close comfortable face & head shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

SOTD: 17/09/2022

Razor: Rockwell 6s #3
Blade: Gillette Nacet, 2nd use
Brush: Simpsons Chubby 3 Sovereign Grade
Bowl: Lickimat Wobble Green Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube 2.0 Soap
Soap: Phoenix And Beau Night Witch Croap
Aftershave: Phoenix And Beau Night Witch Aftershave
Additional Care: Shave Tunes Courtesy Of A Shaving Playlist
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Not Too Bad At All

Lunch date with the current Mrs Shiny at my favourite Persian restaurant for my birthday yesterday. The Night Witch (with thanks to a member in here) is in her honour, just don't tell her that.

Great shave. I love the P&B soaps, their performance is always top notch. I find the scents very subtle apart from Spitfire which is really strong (good).

61643C57-B164-43E0-84CB-9223BE00CB6B.jpeg

Sat 17 SOTD
Soap Stirling Evie
Brush Yaqi 24mm Aqua Tuxedo
Razor Gillette Goodwill
Blade Derby Usta 1st
Aftershave Clubman Gents Gin
Wonderful lather and scent from this soap. Nicely matched with one of my favorite AS splashes.
An easy shave with this razor and blade pairing. 3 smooth and comfortable passes for a bbs-dfs finish...
20220917_150354.jpg

RMqDbOb.jpg

Prep: Country Life Tallow/Lanolin/Glycerin Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Semogue Special Edition 2013 Olive Wood Silvertip Badger
Soap: Los Jabones de Joserra Black Rose
Razor: Blutt BR-1
Blade: Vintage NOS Schick Plus Platinum (10)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Crown Shaving Co. Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Chanel Antaeus EDT

17/09/22
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Simpson Chubby 2 Synth
Soap - Signature Soap Hibernia
Razor - ATT X1 Slant
Blade - Kai Captain Titan Mild
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Cinnamon & Patchouli Balm & Lotion
A/S - Pinaud Gents Gin
Wk 38  (1).JPG
I do enjoy using the X1 Slant, i find it very comfortable paired with very good efficiency giving fantastic results.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Saturday SEptember 17, 2022
Razor: Type H "The Deb" Injector
Blade: Injector
Brush: Semogue Boar
Soap: Stirling Texas on Fire
AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
AS 2: Stirling Texas on Fire
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,411

Texas on Fire because it's a volunteer working weekend. Helping 2 others to help a women in Manchester, KY that has a big Pine tree blown over and pushing another over and close to her house (pics below) Looks to be pretty entangled since Pines tend to have branches like VELCRO. Since it involves trees/wood which can be used for campfires I came to the conclusion to use this set today. Have a stupid fun day everyone........I'm going to !
IMG_20220916_204543814.jpgIMG_2547.jpgIMG_2546.jpg

Saturday SEptember 17, 2022
Razor: Type H "The Deb" Injector
Blade: Injector
Brush: Semogue Boar
Soap: Stirling Texas on Fire
AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
AS 2: Stirling Texas on Fire
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,411

Texas on Fire because it's a volunteer working weekend. Helping 2 others to help a women in Manchester, KY that has a big Pine tree blown over and pushing another over and close to her house (pics below) Looks to be pretty entangled since Pines tend to have branches like VELCRO. Since it involves trees/wood which can be used for campfires I came to the conclusion to use this set today. Have a stupid fun day everyone........I'm going to !
View attachment 93552View attachment 93553View attachment 93554
I love that soap, Texas On Fire, it's a love or hate scent!

Paul.

IMG_20220916_133905_5.jpg

SOTD September 17 2022

Razor - Tedalus Essence
Blade - Feather Pro Super
Soap - Valobra Unscented
Brush - Boti 30mm silvertip
Post - Refinery post shave balm
Frag - Feuilles de Tabac -Miller Harris

I'm finding it very hard to put this razor down!
Swiss design paired with a Japanese blade make for a really enjoyable shave.
The Valobra Unscented shave soap is outstanding and with the aid of my Boti 30mm I quickly built up a beautiful lather on my face, it's in my top ten of shaving soaps!
Needless to say my shave was perfect and enjoyable, who could ask for more!

Have a great weekend people, stay safe.

Paul.

when i first started to fully shave my head and before i had the shaving confidence & technique to do so with a DE or SE razor my choice razor of was the Gillette guard.
Have you tried using a Leaf Twig on your head B? My search for the perfect head shaver was over when I got one. One advantage it has is that it is virtually impossible to clog and therefore doesn't 'skip' on your scalp - the most likely source of cuts for me. Cheers - I.

Have you tried using a Leaf Twig on your head B? My search for the perfect head shaver was over when I got one. One advantage it has is that it is virtually impossible to clog and therefore doesn't 'skip' on your scalp - the most likely source of cuts for me. Cheers - I.
No I haven't had the pleasure.
The Leaf Twig could be possible Christmas gift to myself..Thanks for the encouraging insight Iain.

Back
Top Bottom