SOTD: Saturday 17 June - Friday 23 June 2023.

An acceptable result from the Super Silver (this one is dated 1975). Not as sharp as the Platinum in my opinion but very smooth.
Still got a few weepers. I'm hoping I'll get a better result next time. Today has not been a good day and tomorrow will be worse. Come Tuesday things, including shaves, should be a lot better.

Rating: 3.5 / 5

Razor: Parker 55 Semi-Slant
Blade: Gillette Super Silver
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite Stygian Synthetic
Additional Care:
Proraso Pre and post BALM https://shavingbuddies.com/shave/648f415e7561cd6e4045dc29

Tech June-kies ...

Sunday 18th June

AJFCJaXtmq93PuYR9uEAqW5pm3K1mVZPKqONfbi-s89KaFe-uf_8rAXdZCtHNAdQA4bn62IfXQ5h2KvsCob15LfTy5NxzJK4AWHD7IOVe5amdByRsqDiPv0iBvHvyyDIDyjlQhNsGGH1yvJhnYmAkhZp6WkdJQ=w800

Mitchell's Wool Fat (Vintage) Shaving Soap & Omega 10108 Pure Bristle
Gillette Tech Lightweight (1950s British) & Gillette London Bridge (2)
Hai Karate Aftershave

Same again ...

Prep: face wash in wam water in was hand basin then coated bristles with bar of soap.
Razor: Rock well 6s R4
Blade: Gillette Winner
Brush: Omega boar
Soap: Signature Soaps Capra Alavana
AS: Speck Men Acti
Superb shave! The new shaving soap,a sample of Capra Alavana, performs effortlessly and my skin was left feeling really smooth and refreshed.
@Burnsy Glad you like the new one Pete. Best Regards Brian

You're the Lupo DC's fourth owner then -
Interesting idea - razor miles? As in - the journey from manufacture to the current end user in miles or km - potentially that could be huge? Just for instance I've got PermaSharp razor blades made in the 60's about 20 miles from where I am typing this - which ended up in Australia - and were then sent back. There must be vintage Gillette and Schick razors that have circumnavigated the globe more times than Elcano, Drake and Cook added together. Levels of ownership - interesting too - like a fine antique - do you have provenance? :) - I.

Pre - 2 hr surf to soften the 3 day growth followed by a hot shower with Signature Soaps Dragons Blood and Noxzema pre shave cream.
Brush - Yaqi 28mm Tuxedo.
Soap - Signature Soaps Eboracum.
Razor - my usual driver the Muhle Rocca R94.
Blade - Wizamet SI (4)
Post - Cold water Rinse, Thayer's WH followed by La Roche-Posay B5 balm
AS - Signature Soaps Novus Spice.
A 2hr surf in the brine always makes for a good shave as softens my stubble better than any other method. Follow that up with a trio of Signature Soaps and splashes plus the B5 balm and my face is hydrated, smooth, soft and I'm smelling a million dollars IMG_20230618_194944.jpg

Interesting idea - razor miles? As in - the journey from manufacture to the current end user in miles or km - potentially that could be huge? Just for instance I've got PermaSharp razor blades made in the 60's about 20 miles from where I am typing this - which ended up in Australia - and were then sent back. There must be vintage Gillette and Schick razors that have circumnavigated the globe more times than Elcano, Drake and Cook added together. Levels of ownership - interesting too - like a fine antique - do you have provenance? :) - I.
AFAIK, it went from Canada to me in the UK and bounced around here since, so not as many as some vintage stuff... yet.
Given the razor's relative uniqueness, that's likely to get more interesting with time.

18.6.23. Head and face shave

Razor: Leaf (head)
Blade: Astra SP
Razor: Feather AS-D2 (face)
Blade: Astra SP
Brush: Rudy Vey Bog Oak STF 23mm
Pre-Shave: Lacura Moisturising Face Wash
Lather: Pre de Provence 63
Aftershave: Bart’s Ben Vrackie (Unscented)
Additional Care: Witch Hazel, Glycerin, Aloe Vera Gel, Peppermint, Lavender and Tea Tree Essential Oils
Fragrance: Bronnley Original EDT

A Monday morning report for a Sunday shave. Somethings never change. In discussion with the committee for theming things it was unanimously decided this particular effort should be themed, 'A shave'

20230618_183502.jpg

A shaving razor - Muhle R89
A shaving blade - Polsilver Lodz
A shaving shaving brush - Razorock 400
A shaving shaving shaving soap - Captain Fawcett's

'The British Olympic running in to walls team selection process'

Sometimes life needs nice and mild and the 89 did exactly that. A lovely smooth uneventful shave which gave me every reason to be happy. And then I sodded off to bed.

Have a beautiful week ahead you lovely people who have all my love

Time to get the week moving forward thanks to some Japanese girlies. Or may be not quite girlies. As someone reviewed them, the trashiest band you could ever see. But a return to Bed-in

Back
Top Bottom