SOTD: Saturday 17 June - Friday 23 June 2023.

That's his razor but I didn't get it from him

G. - I've used that very razor too. Lovely but not as lovely as the alu Overlander I kept - for me, the Lupo was a bit assertive for regular use. Look on the bright side - being a purchase from the Emporium - you can access their legendary after-sales service. If your Lupo is abducted by aliens - held hostage by some vastly hostile Pathans - mauled by swans? No problem - full replacement - in perpetuity - to you and your children - and their children - even if you are not the original purchaser. The aftershave I used today is a favourite - I'm running short but I know when it becomes critical #theemporium will dispatch a fresh bottle by courier - gratis. You don't get that from Executive Shaving. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: - I.

@Boycie83

Last edited:
G. - I've used that very razor too. Lovely but not as lovely as the alu Overlander I kept - for me, the Lupo was a bit assertive for regular use. Look on the bright side - being a purchase from the Emporium - you can access their legendary after-sales service. If your Lupo is abducted by aliens - held hostage by some vastly hostile Pathans - mauled by swans? No problem - full replacement - in perpetuity - to you and your children - and their children - even if you are not the original purchaser. The aftershave I used today is a favourite - I'm running short but I know when it becomes critical #theemporium will dispatch a fresh bottle by courier - gratis. You don't get that from Executive Shaving. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: - I.
This and overlander are my most recent purchases in DE world and both are amazing on their own. I've not spent as much time with Lupo as with overlander and can't say which one is better than the other. They both shave smoothly and provide excellent results on slightly different way.

This and overlander are my most recent purchases in DE world and both are amazing on their own. I've not spent as much time with Lupo as with overlander and can't say which one is better than the other. They both shave smoothly and provide excellent results on slightly different way.
You're the Lupo DC's fourth owner then - Chris bought his from me and I bought it from Italian Barber directly.
I do kind of wish they kept making it, as was a nice shaver and I think the current Lupos are more of a sidegrade.

At the same time, I keep wondering whether the Stando Mara wouldn't compare well, seeing as it looks like a copy of the original Lupo, but as I no longer have a Lupo in the arsenal, I can't make that comparison anymore.
Now you, on the other hand... ;)

You're the Lupo DC's fourth owner then - Chris bought his from me and I bought it from Italian Barber directly.
I do kind of wish they kept making it, as was a nice shaver and I think the current Lupos are more of a sidegrade.

At the same time, I keep wondering whether the Stando Mara wouldn't compare well, seeing as it looks like a copy of the original Lupo, but as I no longer have a Lupo in the arsenal, I can't make that comparison anymore.
Now you, on the other hand... ;)
Well if you're willing to send me Stando I'll make comparison :cool:

17 June, 2023
Prep: Hot towel
Razor: Barbaros TR-1
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
Brush: New Forest Tubby 1 Finest
Soap: Grooming Cult: Hesperus ( Prometheus II )
Fragrance: Oud Stars : Alexandria by Xerjoff

another top notch offering from the 'Cult'.. the scent reminds me of Azzaro PH, spicy barbershop. Wonderful.

Well if you're willing to send me Stando I'll make comparison :cool:
Oh bummer, I was trying to goad you into buying one.

Will try again later. ;)

Although, I have my eye on the Mara, Weles, Perun but can't quite decide which one to get... if any.
Every time I look at them, I go:
Happy Very Funny GIF by Disney Zootopia

and then decide to sleep on it.

Tech June-kies ...

Saturday 17th June

AJFCJaXtmq93PuYR9uEAqW5pm3K1mVZPKqONfbi-s89KaFe-uf_8rAXdZCtHNAdQA4bn62IfXQ5h2KvsCob15LfTy5NxzJK4AWHD7IOVe5amdByRsqDiPv0iBvHvyyDIDyjlQhNsGGH1yvJhnYmAkhZp6WkdJQ=w800

Mitchell's Wool Fat (Vintage) Shaving Soap & Omega 10108 Pure Bristle
Gillette Tech Lightweight (1950s British) & Gillette London Bridge (1)
Hai Karate Aftershave

Switching out the regular heavy Tech for the lightweight (aluminium baseplate and handle) model for the weekend which will also be another Mitchell's back-to-back ... and also a first use of my new Omega 10108 which was a kind gift from @donnie_arko, bless him for keeping me from the plastic peril!

What an underrated brush this is! I must say I have skimmed past it many a time ... but so glad I have one in. It's the same girth as the Professional 98 & 49s, but has a much shorter loft at 56mm rather than 65mm. It was quite a firm fellow when first immersed into warm water but softened right up straight away. I though it might be a good scrubber being what felt to be so firm. Softened up, it pulled up a lovely lather on the vintage Mitchell's Wool Fat (vintage, eh? ... maybe "classic") and that gave me great lather for two passes with the Tech.

Smashing shave, all in ...

I might even dare to say that I preferred the shave with this lightweight 1950s Tech to the heavier model. I might, you know!

Have a great weekend, folks!

Back
Top Bottom