SOTD: Saturday 17 June - Friday 23 June 2023.

20230617_185720.jpg

Preshave - Pears Transparent Soap
Razor - 3ONE6 with Impero Handle
Blade - Feather
Brush - Omega Boar
Lather - Nivea Liquid Cream
Splash - Tabac

I don't usually use the same razor 2 weeks in a row, but I was still undecided about last week's blade (The Bluebeards Revenge) in the 3ONE6. I thought it would be a good idea to test it against a known entity, so I loaded up the same razor with a Feather. A blade I've never used before. Idiot.

20230617_185831.jpg

It seemed to have a bit more blade feel, but was much smoother. Very nice!

Last edited:
Tech June-kies ...

Saturday 17th June

AJFCJaXtmq93PuYR9uEAqW5pm3K1mVZPKqONfbi-s89KaFe-uf_8rAXdZCtHNAdQA4bn62IfXQ5h2KvsCob15LfTy5NxzJK4AWHD7IOVe5amdByRsqDiPv0iBvHvyyDIDyjlQhNsGGH1yvJhnYmAkhZp6WkdJQ=w800

Mitchell's Wool Fat (Vintage) Shaving Soap & Omega 10108 Pure Bristle
Gillette Tech Lightweight (1950s British) & Gillette London Bridge (1)
Hai Karate Aftershave

Switching out the regular heavy Tech for the lightweight (aluminium baseplate and handle) model for the weekend which will also be another Mitchell's back-to-back ... and also a first use of my new Omega 10108 which was a kind gift from @donnie_arko, bless him for keeping me from the plastic peril!

What an underrated brush this is! I must say I have skimmed past it many a time ... but so glad I have one in. It's the same girth as the Professional 98 & 49s, but has a much shorter loft at 56mm rather than 65mm. It was quite a firm fellow when first immersed into warm water but softened right up straight away. I though it might be a good scrubber being what felt to be so firm. Softened up, it pulled up a lovely lather on the vintage Mitchell's Wool Fat (vintage, eh? ... maybe "classic") and that gave me great lather for two passes with the Tech.

Smashing shave, all in ...

I might even dare to say that I preferred the shave with this lightweight 1950s Tech to the heavier model. I might, you know!

Have a great weekend, folks!

Thanks for the tag Paul, I hope you enjoy using the brush.

IMG_2388.jpeg
17.6.23 Head and face shave

Razor: Leaf (head)
Blade: Astra SP
Razor: Blackland Vector (face)
Blade: Schick Proline
Brush: Rudy Vey Bog Oak STF 23mm
Pre-Shave: Lacura Moisturising Face Wash
Lather: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
Aftershave: Bart’s Ben Vrackie (Unscented)
Additional Care: Witch Hazel, Glycerin, Aloe Vera Gel, Peppermint, Lavender and Tea Tree Essential Oils
Fragrance: Bronnley Original EDT

First time I’ve used MWF since April 8th as been using up some products I wanted to finish off and oh how I‘ve missed it. As a daily head shaver the residual slickness is superb as I generally do a one pass plus touch ups, the slickness enables me to touch up without re-lathering unlike a lot of inferior soaps. I had missed the scent too, very comforting.

G. - I've used that very razor too. Lovely but not as lovely as the alu Overlander I kept - for me, the Lupo was a bit assertive for regular use. Look on the bright side - being a purchase from the Emporium - you can access their legendary after-sales service. If your Lupo is abducted by aliens - held hostage by some vastly hostile Pathans - mauled by swans? No problem - full replacement - in perpetuity - to you and your children - and their children - even if you are not the original purchaser. The aftershave I used today is a favourite - I'm running short but I know when it becomes critical #theemporium will dispatch a fresh bottle by courier - gratis. You don't get that from Executive Shaving. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: - I.

@Boycie83
I - the aluminium version is the one you tried. Gile has the stainless DLC version (diamond like coating - some kind of hard wearing finish). Nice razor but you wouldn't like it if you didn't click with the aluminium version.

IMG_1970.jpeg
SOTD: 17/06/2023

Razor: Stando Rod
Blade: Kai Captain Mild Blue, 7th use
Brush: Highlander Copper Colonel Plissoft Knot
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: A&E Barbiere Sofisticato Croap
Aftershave: A&E Barbiere Sofisticato Aftershave
Balm: Baxter Of California Aftershave Balm

SOTD: 18th June 2023.

2.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Radox Feel Active Sea Salt & Lemongrass Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Eco Warrior Bergamot & lime Shaving Bar.
Blade: Chinese Gillette London Bridge. (D2)
Razor: 1970's Gillette Aluminum Handle Tech S4.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Yelken Turkish Lemon Eau De Cologne. /Aloe Vera Cooling Gel.

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

The Eco Warrior shaving bar performed wonderfully this morning producing a slick protective lather in a short space of time.

The soap has a mild scent good texture & slickness it's protective leaving an impressive post shave feel and pairs with the Turkish Lemon Eau De Cologne superbly.

Another enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report.... Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Aloe Vera Cooling Gel.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Last edited:
18 June

Wickham 1912 Cashmere
Mühle STF Travel Brush
Rockwell 6S
Feather Hi-Stainless
Floïd Mentolado Vigoroso

0AF5C55F-C6D4-4832-ACB0-CBF423270D48.jpeg
The photo gave me a bit of a problem. This is the chrome tube version of the Mühle travel brush, with a more grippy and more substantial feel, but, as reflective as a mirror. The brush has a really pleasant feel to it but is a pig to photograph well. As a compromise you get a picture of the working end only.
A very pleasant shave it was too. A plentiful and almost instant good lather for the whole shave. Two very comfortable passes with the Rockwell and a good close result.

My first entry for this new week of SOTD's and, on a Sunday? Not a Tuesday multi shave entry? News is coming through, Hell has just frozen over.

This shave hence arrives themed, 'What a cool little Devil I am'

20230617_184234.jpg

Ice maiden - Ikon B1
Warm as ice - Wizamet Super Iridium
Prince of starkness - Yaqi Dandelion
Snowfriendly - Signature Soaps Wicstun
Hot boxing - Pure moisturiser

'Oh it's just you. How disappointing'

Fortunately not a disappointing shave, but what else would the B1 throw at the world of smoothness before ugliness? A lovely cold water shave with the water being provided by the County of Yorkshire. I have always sworn (and I do swear a lot) there is something about the water this side of the country which leads to a great shaving experience. And pretty damn fine beer in to the bargain. The Super Iridium proving its worth.....

And apparently, I'm not

Dandelion and Signature? Say no more. And I won't. But these ladies will.....

Back
Top Bottom