SOTD: Saturday 17 June - Friday 23 June 2023.

SOTD: 17th June 2023.

1.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Radox Feel Active Sea Salt & Lemongrass Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Goodfellas Smile Abysso Shaving Soap.
Razor: 1970's Gillette Aluminum Handle Tech S4. - Gillette London Bridge. (D1)
Razor: Kanzy K100. (Head/Dome) - Chinese Gillette London Bridge. (D1)

Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Alum Rub. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Goodfellas Smile Abysso ASL./ Aloe Vera Cooling Gel.

Greetings,

A new eclectic shave set up to start the weekend....Second outing of the Goodfellas Smile Abysso duo which is a real joy. The lathering performance and post shave feel from the soap is incredibly good. what more can I say.

Carrying on with the Chinese Gillette London Bridge which are another great match for both the 70's Gillette Tech & Kanzy K100. These blades feel comfortable sharp & smooth.

A close comfortable acceptable face and head shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Aloe Vera Cooling Gel.

My face & precious swede are feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Today's shave:

rdt230617hde1b.jpg

- Barrister & Mann Presto
- Nightdiver "Green Mamba" SHD 2-Band
- Edwin Jagger DE83 with Sputnik blade
- Proraso green aftershave

:D

Prep: Face wash with Simple face wash
Pre: Bart’s Pre-Shave
Razor: Muhle R89 - Hexagon (Forest Green)
Blade: Gillette Super Stainless Steel - Brazilian (3)
Brush: Muhle R89 - Hexagon (Forest Green) -Synthetic
S Cream: ES – Fragrance Free

After all the excitement with different Tatara setups I now need to cool down a bit. A cold water shave was very welcomed especially with the current weather. I'm not a particular big fan of the heat.
I was pleasantly surprised returning to my daily setup of how good this razor actually is. A wonderful shave and those brazilian Gillettes are formidável.SOTD.jpg

SOTD 17-June
20230616_105644.jpg
Brush: Dogwood DG B16
Soap: GN Juniper Reverie
Razor: WR4 Tech Handle
Blade: Super Pro (2)

Ok so I thought I would go to the extreme and slap on the lightest handle I could find, enter the tech.

Throwing that on I've now come to the realisation that I am not going to be able to make this head heavy, nature of the aluminium beast. As far as I know the SS is about double the weight, so the balance might be more to my taste with that.

Saying that though the finish was great, very smooth and irritation free. I seemed to have picked up the patches I kept missing on the first couple of go arounds.

I'll give it another few outings, it's good but it hasn't converted me wholly to the way of the AC just yet (but nothing has).

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

17 June

Wickham 1912 Club Cola
Omega 11137
Rockwell 6S
Feather Hi-Stainless
Floïd Mentolado Vigoroso

26C3CDA1-577E-4714-9A5B-144CA6E9EA95.jpeg
A very thin second pass lather and I’m not really feeling the love for these boar brushes. Despite this, the Rockwell did a fabulous job without drama and produced a very close and comfortable finish.

Phoenix and beau Right handed giant
Razorock 400
Razorock Lupo SS DLC
Wizamet super iridium
Brut original
PSX_20230617_110716.jpg

What a shave this was. My face is so smooth like it never had any beard. Fifth shave from wizamet and it performed excellent. Brut is taking me back to '90s when I started to use deodorants.

m8t8Ybg.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glicerlanolina Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Leonidam Horus Silvertip Badger
Soap: Spearhead Seaforth Heather
Razor: Wolfman WR-1
Blade: Vintage NOS German-packaged Wilkinson Sword Light Brigade (1)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Spearhead Seaforth Heather Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Shulton Herbal EdC

Lovely shave. The vintage Shulton Herbal cologne was a great match with the Seaforth Heather scent.

Saturday 17 June
I’ve been pleasantly surprised recently reusing some of my earlier modern low cost razor buys. Today the fat handle cc from India. Fitted with a My-Blades 4th use and after a nice lather with de Vergulde Hand completed an easy and comfortable 2 pass shave with pick ups. The razor may look a little clumsy to use but it’s actually really comfortable in the hand. The blade has good exposure in the head and still gave a pleasing throaty rasp as it cleared stubble even after 4 outings.
Have a great weekend fellas!

IMG_0121.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom