SOTD: Saturday 17 February - Friday 23 February 2024.

Ahoy! Ahoy! Fat February

Brush: Simpson’s Captain synthetic
Razor: Rockwell 6S plate 3
Blade: Personna Platinum
Soap: MWF

Excellent shave. I last used MWF two formulations (?) ago. Just wet the brush a bit and away I went. Lovely fresh soapy scent and performance didn’t disappoint. The blurb with the Rockwell seemed to indicate that plate 3 would work for me, but you have to find out for yourself. The razor looks a grey and uncompromising lump of metal, but it works a treat.

IMG_0105.jpeg

Prep: Face wash with Nivea face wash
Pre: Bart’s Pre-Shave
Razor: Liveben SS head on Highlander custom handle
Blade: Astra Stainless (4)
Brush: Highlander TSR LE 2023 edition - AP Shave Co G5 knot
S Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat

Another brilliant shave with this soap. It's so good that I bet it is the dream of every sheep to be selected in taking part in MWF soap production process.
Joking aside if you haven't tried this yet, don't waste any time and order one now!

SOTD.jpg

17/02/24
Pre - Droyt's Vegetas Glycerine Soap
Brush - Zenith 506 Copper 28mm Faux Pony
Soap - Signature Soap Leodis
Razor - ATT Windsor CR
Blade - Personna Med Prep
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Nevis - Amber & Moroccan Jasmine
A/S - Mäurer & Wirtz 4711 Rose
View attachment 117109
I have polished out the patina on the zenith brush handle, i think it looks better shiny.
Enjoy your day all.
Mouth watering setup! :love:

Tuesday 20th February

ABLVV874q2TJegsgbx8GEOaRt_jUpE36cwin1NuUZJXlCQC1dUO1jNoCTlrts2X0RCgHDorYTz_yBXggFTLH1iQQLhymJ3uUoVisull66TRbWsnuH_ZAc2r4KrzSTA-ncff0kmi7kcIIJ1s6ZucXbf0Wp8DIYA=w800

Fat February ... and another lanolin-enriched soap adventure!

VieLong (Tallow) Shaving Stick & Omega 10005 Pure Bristle
KCG w/Yaqi Tsuka Handle & Treet Classic (Carbon) (2)
Harvard Vetiver Aftershave

I'm not very experienced with carbon steel blades.
This one produced a little heat on my face but did a decent job despite taking more passes than I was expecting.
I'll be giving it another go soon and see if I still get the heat.

Blade: Treet Silver (carbon steel)

While I am kinda convinced that the alt brands within Treet are actually all reworks of the core blades, the SIlver is actually most likely the Classic that I'm using at the moment. That said, when I've used a Silver I often thought (and noted) that it had a sorta "Russian" feel to it? Like a sharp rawness? Tough to describe, but kinda like a 7 O'Clock Yellow?

SOTD Tue 20 Feb 2024

A warning, shave
97E3A1AA-8DEA-478B-A47B-CC8E5672463D.jpeg
Prep - shower
Bowl - glass
Soap - MWF (new formulation)
Brush - DS Cosmetic T4 synthetic
Razor - Muhle R89 Twist
Blade - Gillette 7o’clock Sharp Edge (4)
Post - lather remains face wash, cold rinse, alum block
Splash - Sierran Breeze ASL
Balm - Nivea Replenishing ASB
Fragrance - CK IN2U for men EDT

This soap just gets better, the lather was more like a cream than a soap with this brush. And the Muhle Twist is great, just great and I really like this blade, and, and!
Good, enjoyable shave and my face feels and smells wonderful!

Woofles showed me this today…
…I think it was a warning (gulp!)
259C87F5-E6DA-4862-9A1A-683545E85FC5.jpeg

Well, actually, no, as last night's shave arrives with the theme, 'Am I boring? Yes I am'

View attachment 117192

Repetitious razor - Yaqi Excalibur
Banal blade - Feather Super Professional
Bromidic brush - AP Shaving 24mm Cashmere
Stereotype soap - Signature Novus Spice
Mundane moisturiser - Collegen
Spiritless scent - Guerlain Heritage

'Go on. Tell some more about this shave you boring fart'

As it turned out, this was a shave fit for the Gods. Although most appear to have a beard to me. Oh hum, they obviously haven't been here and learnt about the beneficial merits of shaving. And how to part with hard earned money.

Oh hum. Some Japanese ladies to end on? Unfortunately yes.....

@Satanfriendly Stereotyping excellence, of course!!!

While I am kinda convinced that the alt brands within Treet are actually all reworks of the core blades, the SIlver is actually most likely the Classic that I'm using at the moment. That said, when I've used a Silver I often thought (and noted) that it had a sorta "Russian" feel to it? Like a sharp rawness? Tough to describe, but kinda like a 7 O'Clock Yellow?
There is a slight rawness to it that's like a new 7 o'clock yellow - I know what you mean. But I found it not sharp enough to be like one of those. I shaved around 7:30am (half an hour too late for the Gillette!) and by 6pm my neck felt a little stubbly.
As I type this just over 24 hours later I'm ready for a shave on my face too.
I'll give this blade another go but I'm not sure these blades are for me.

Second shave with the carbon steel blade and I thought I'd try a very different razor - more heavy and more aggressive (although I rarely take this past setting 2!)
Enjoyed the shave a lot more as the blade and razor seemed better suited to each other. Fewer passes and splashed the cooling IL lotion on with no irritation.

Rating: 4 / 5

Razor: Pearl Flexi V5
Blade: Treet Silver (carbon steel)
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite Stygian Synthetic
Lather: Hampshire Wool Fat No. 1
Aftershave: Imperial Leather Aftershave lotion, 1950s or 1960s

Wednesday 21 February

Parker adjustable injector was one of the first non de razors that I bought a couple of years back. To be honest I didn’t think then it was anything special compared to say Schick injectors of any era. I’m thinking in hindsight I was maybe being a bit of a snob, “vintage is best and Schick the very best“. Anyway, roll on a couple of years and now I better understand the nuances of wet shaving and my technique has definitely improved.
So when Parker came out with their SoloEdge I went for it. Ordered from the States and here in 8 days and no import duty. It’s well made and great value for money with 100 Parker half blades. (A vintage British Reaper stropping razor from the 1930s went on the Bay a few days ago for £182, a rare item but it didn’t look usable to me so an expensive piece of bric a brac maybe?)
I digress, I lathered with De Vergulde Hand, a very creamy and soft soap, applied with a small Rubberset synthetic reknot.
I really can’t fault this razor, shave angle has quite a wide range so it’s easy to keep it cutting. I had the feeling however that if pressed too hard it could bite, so not a mild razor. However, it didn’t and two passes plus pick ups gave a bbs finish.
Slap on the Cosmo and time for :coffee:

Enjoy this wet and windy day fellas!

IMG_0497.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom