SOTD: Saturday 17 February - Friday 23 February 2024.

SOTD Thu 22 Feb 2024

Very late posting of last nights shave as fell asleep during Question Time (it was riveting I tell you!)
3C2F580E-219B-4672-986B-3C4883327369.jpeg
Prep - shower
Bowl - glass
Soap - MWF (new formulation)
Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Falmilia 24mm synthetic
Razor - Muhle R89 Twist
Blade - Racer Platinum Class (1) (I know, but at the price I couldn’t resist)
Post - lather remains face wash, cold rinse, alum block
Splash - Sierran Breeze ASL
Balm - Nivea ASB
Fragrance - Mastermind EDT

What a nice shave, no problems, comfortable, smooth, great result, altogether very nice!

28CF4C53-2917-47D7-A971-FB11CFF5141E.jpeg
Is it night or morning, I’m not sure?

Friday 23rd February
GEM Contour II - GEM Stainless #2 - RazoRock Plissoft - OSP Bay Rum - Electrif's Bay Rum v1 - Aloe Vera Gel
1000017586-01.jpg

Still enjoying the Treet Silver in the Pearl Flexi. Set to 2 it produced a close shave and only a hint of warmth on the face. This is its fourth shave.
I started with the Racer Super Class Platinum which was still as smooth as ever but had lost its edge (pun intended). Three shaves delivered comfortably.

Been using the Lider lotion a lot lately, including as a freshener during the day, as trying to use it up. It's OK but I wouldn't buy it again.

Rating: 4.5 / 5

Razor: Pearl Flexi V5
Blade: Treet Silver (carbon steel)
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite Stygian Synthetic
Lather: Hampshire Wool Fat No. 1
Aftershave: Lider Classic lotion

Friday 23 February

So a few weeks back I posted about my Qshave Merkur Futur clone. It was ok but I felt the shave angle was quite narrow and the head seemed to skid easily.
However, saying it didn’t worry me then I got the chance of getting hold of a low cost used 701 and thought I’d go for it. Well, in all honesty I have to say the 701 is better on all counts, especially the shave angle which feels much wider. The chrome finish also allows the head to run smoothly across the flesh, unlike the Q which has a Matt finish and stutters a bit. The Qshave is still a good razor though and good value comparing new retail prices of both. However, if you can get a cheaper used Futur, you won’t regret it.
I’m impressed with the Feather blade it removes stubble effortlessly and is definitely in my “favourites list”. Edwin Jagger Sandalwood soap is quite hard and in hard water takes a lot of effort to get a good lather even with the Emperor, not much of a scent either, so not on that list.
2 passes and pick ups and delicious Jil Sander after shave completed my bbs last shave of the week.

Enjoy the day fellas!

IMG_0506.jpeg

IMG_5118.jpeg

Razor: Wolfman WR2 0.95
Blade: GSB (1)
Brush: Highlander Boti Pink
Soap: Saponifico Varesino Cubebe
Splash: Saponifico Varesino Cubebe

First run with the WR2, very smooth. No blade feel to the point I was checking the blade was in! Slight inattention on the neck and a bit of irritation to let me know there was a blade in…

The fit and finish of the Wolfman is impeccable. This is the ‘basic’ polish which seems to undersell the finish on it… looking forward to the next shave already…

Another great shave for Fat February.

Razor- Rockwell 6S plate 3
Blade- Personna Platinum
Brush- Executive Shaving Medium Synthetic
Soap- MWF

The ES brush was bought in haste when I resumed DE shaving. It’s not as stiff as the Simpson I bought (after more consideration) so I had it consigned to creams-only. So… feeling a bit wicked, I used it on the MWF and it whipped up a monster lather... just to prove a point. The only problem I have with the ES brush now is hanging on to it… I tend to fling it around the bathroom when it gets soapy… I need three guys standing in the slips.

Great shave, just a bit of a problem when I forgot where my left ear was. You’d think I’d have worked it out after 68 years. You live and learn…

IMG_0107.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom