SOTD : Saturday 13th March to Friday 19th March 2021

Monday 15th March

ACtC-3ea0UL9B7n9Hggzw22xAIB9c7f1eHwXw-Hv73UgpuheBjS4s8TgbGVCcgQLzZLOaJsBTnvhUEnQ7uYrcZ5SglnmC-OWia4WMody1mLuW61Cq6wRLFHG_iSZIOlfRMse4fO9bf_9GdmQmEjy_GacqIX1EQ=w1200

French Pink Clay & Charcoal Face Soap
Rolls Razo Shaving Soap (Vintage)
Semogue SOC Taj (Boar)
Gillette Hybrid Tech w/RazoRock Radio Handle
SuperMax Stainless (3)
Pinaud Gentleman's Gin

... and that's a wrap!

Drawing my run through the SuperMax house to a close, a third and final shave with the very low-brow SuperMax Stainless which has delivered three unexpectedly good shaves. Simple, honest, straight-up single-pass shaves. Lovely! If you've been following in these pages and want a recap or a summary, please see my diary of Six Weeks in SuperMax at https://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/community/threads/six-weeks-in-supermax.53997/

Great to break out a couple of highly prized items from my collection: the vintage Rolls Razor Shaving Soap, which delivers an absolutely top-notch lather with a scent of fresh cotton billowing in the breeze; and my hybrid Gillette Tech which has been re-plated in rhodium. I really ought to use this razor a lot more. It's silly really that I don't - same reason that folks who own Streamlines never seem to shave with them and always grab a regular 1912 first, I guess. I vow to do so more and will bring this razor into my rotation.

Good shave, that ...

I'm going to reset with a couple of Gillette shaves - I have the Indian 7 O'Clock PermaSharp and 7 O'Clock Super Platinum lined up, before taking a run through the remainder of my Treet blades.

Enjoy your evening, folks!

Last edited:
Good evening all

Soap - PAA Gondolier
Brush - Omega Boar
Razor - Yaqi DOC, with Barborrosa Gold Plated Handle
Blade - Sputnik #1
Post - Baylis and Harding Black Pepper
Splash - TGS Abysso
C81A2990-90C6-4DBA-A6FF-AEF50272A0E3.jpeg

I normally use this razor head with the aluminium handle, today I opted for this heavyweight number which was kindly gifted to me from the Emporium. This along with the blade was on the aggressive side of things. I did wince when I applied my splash and it has calmed down now.
Just the two passes required and I’m left with a very smooth and soft face although slightly stingy!!

Have a great evening gents.

'Round Midnight.

EJ Synth
P&B Spitfire sample
Gillette Slim Adjustable
Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Lea Balm
IMG_0591.jpg
Today I finally got my hands on a Slim Adjustable :) It's a '63 and she cleaned up lovely. Can't believe how smoothly it shaves across all of the settings. Oh and the Spitfire....I'm going to need to pick up a big tub of that stuff someday......what a smell.
Looking forward to more time sussing this beautiful razor... ..and some other new things.....like the shitload of samples I have stocked up ;-)
View attachment 66430

Last edited:
Tue 16th SOTD
Soap Stirling Executive Man
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mountain Lake 2 Band Badger
Razor Yaqi AC Brass
Blade Feather ProGuard 7th Use
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Clubman Gents Gin
Beautiful scent and awesome lather! Creamily slick too...truly a quality soap!!
Another effortless silky smooth and comfortable 3pass shave with the razor and nice blade combination. The result was a glass-like BBS without any issues. Excellent aftershave. Terrific shave session! 20210315_231926.jpg
20210316_072206.jpg

This morning broke dawn with a shave themed 'Albert Alacrity and his Lancashire big band jazz ensemble'

IMG_20210316_005402.jpg

Glenn Miller - Stainless Colonial General
Duke Ellington - Schick Proline
Benny Goodman - Alpha Wickhams Artic Fox
Artie Shaw - Extro Arancia
Albert Acrity - Extro Arancia splash

I never did understand jazz as much as most people don't understand Japanese girly metal bands.......Heathens

A short SOTD this time around because it is far too early in the morning to find hilarity. God, whoever invented 3am jolly well needs taking aside.

A smashing start with a return to the Stainless General V1 and an 'on it's last legs Proline'. Hurrah, hurrah, hurrah move along you Schlick bastard. But a great dying swan act and a magical performance from a razor etched from perfection.

I do rather like this Alpha brush and there is something sassy, sexy and foxy about the Artic knot. Add to this it works mighty fine with the never ending jar of Extro (can it go on anymore?) and facial jazzing duties sorted.

Mix, match and end results are a happy smiling face and a very smooth one at that. So damn happy (and because I included a photo) I am going to award myself a laugh.

:ROFLMAO:

Have a great day people of the forum and may everyone be well.

And as a special treat you can have a music video. In Japanese of course. And from a beautiful bunch of Japanese ladies. Today it's those Aldious girls

I do love swing music :censored:

SOTD : 16th March 2021.

63.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men DEEP CLEAN Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.
Cien ~ PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Omega S10065.
Bowl Lather.
Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather : Super-Max Classic Shaving Cream.
Blade: Silver Star Super Stainless.(D3)
Razor: Parker 99r.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus,Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./ Nivea men~Sensitive PSB./ Benjamins ~ Mentholated Bay Rum.

Greetings,

A very smooth efficient shave. The Silver Star Super Stainless blade paired together really well with my parker 99r mowing through my stubble with ease.

Another pleasurable 3 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing to the shave off with a generous splash of Benjamins ~ Mentholated Bay Rum.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Back
Top Bottom