SOTD : Saturday 13th March to Friday 19th March 2021

160836657_1161061554332835_1011411435867803212_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Pre: Clubman Pinaud Shave Oil
Soap: Tabac
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia Tuxedo
Razor: 1912 Deluxe
Blade: Personna Gem (3)

Screw you, Officer Doofy - Callahans's running the show today!

angry dirty harry GIF

Couple of days' growth, so time to give the 1912 another try :eek: It's also now time to ditch the Clubman oil I think.It seems to add nothing to the residual slickness of any soap I use it with, and just leaves my hands with a slippy coating which is not conducive to confidently gripping the razor:oops:
Today, I managed a perfectly serviceable two-pass shave with the 1912, and it's certainly given me the confidence to continue with it in my rotation. Not BBS by any means, but decent.
OK, If I'm honest I'm over-reaching with Dirty Harry, but today definitely felt at least James Garner as Marlowe good :ROFLMAO:

james garner sunglasses GIF

Have a good week, guys :)

Todays Shave Kit Monday 15th March 2021

Shave Score 9.6/10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower
PreShave Cream: Proraso Refreshing
Cream: Extra Cosmesi Vanilla Shaving Cream
Brush: Yaqi 24mm - Sagrada Familia
Razor: Merkur Progress 500
Blade: Gillette London Bridge (2)
Post Shave ASL: Lynx Aftershave - Chocolate
Post Shave Balm: Barts Balms - Ben More (Bergamot & Vanilla)
Post Shave Cologne: Geoffrey Beene - Bowling Green

The Vanilla scent on this one is truly strong and lovely, can still smell it on my face now an hour later :)

Have a great week all.

Joe.

IMG_0712.jpeg

Last edited:
CBDA164F-F30B-4EA5-99AE-4EBDE99295E5.jpeg
Pre: hot towel to the face, bluebeards revenge preshave oil
Brush: yaqi 24mm purple haze
Cream: GFCC bergamot and neroli cream
Razor: Rockwell 6s R4
Blade: Gillette 7 o’clock black #2

DFS+
Brush whipped up beautiful lather - been a while since I used this cream - performs very well, gives nice cushion and smells amazing - all 3 boxes ticked for me. Thank you @Tony'schin !
Blade performed well - 3 passes plus touch ups under the chin area .
Nice splash of cold water, brut aftershave applied and that’s it - ready for meeting at 10 with head of digital department.

SMN ‘Tabacco Toscano Sapone’
SMN Cream
AP Shave Co 24mm Synbad
Gibbs 15 adjustable razor
Astra SS #4
Mugler Havane EDT

Cracking shave starting with the eye watering expensive face soap then a lather of the matching scented cream, set the Gibbs at ‘N’ and left it there for the two passes producing a very smooth old mush. A spritz of the sweet tobacco Mugler topped it off very nicely, the Sun is shining and I’m off out.

20210315_095950.jpg
SOTD 15th March
Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Familia - never less than excellent.
Soap - Catie's Bubbles Midnight Dreary - another excellent lather
Razor - Star Model 100 - love this little razor. Smooth yet surprisingly efficient.
Blade - Gillette Silver Blue #3 - a truly great blade
Post - Mennen Skin Bracer and L'Oréal Hydra Sensitive Birch Sap - lovely way to end proceedings.

3 passes for a DFS.
Stay safe people and enjoy your shaves

Mon 15th March

Muhle Silvertip. A-21mm
Hampshire Wool Fat
ER "Streamline"
Gem S/S [ 1 ]
GB Grey Flannel A/S Lotion

I decided that to avoid rapid rotations I would stick to using one Razor for a week or more. As a consequence I have not used a Vintage SE since late Nov 2020.I was mindful that more care was needed with Vintage/SE as they are not as forgiving as my AC/SE razors. I picked a Streamline to start with as I learnt how to master SE Shaving with one. In fact until I got some AC/SE a Streamline was the Razor I used for Special Occassion Shaves.

Very pleased to say that my care was rewarded with an excellent close all round finish.I think I may cut down on the number of times that i use a Razor, so that I am not stuck on one format for too long.

IMG_1369.jpg

15/03/21
Pre: Shower
Brush: Edwin Jagger Medium
Soap: Signature Soap Coria
Razor: ATT SE-G1
Blade: GEM Stainless PTFE (4)
Post shave: Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Gucci By Gucci
Aftershave: Geoff Beene - Bowling Green

Wk11 (10).JPG
Very nice,
The V2 plate on this razor was hand reworked by Paul @Blademonkey to up the efficiency from the original, apparently too mild for use, i believe Paul reduced the length of the leading edge to bring the blade forward a touch. I find it just right for me, efficient and so forgiving.

3 passes for a BBS comfortable finish. The post shave routine leaving me soft and supple and smelling pretty good to boot.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Back
Top Bottom