SOTD : Saturday 13th March to Friday 19th March 2021

IMG_20210315_101239-01.jpeg

A Monday morning shave.

I was surfing AliExpress last night, which is always a dangerous thing to do, and reminded myself that I had bought the Weishi "Super Speed" 9306-C from there. For a £6 razor including shipping, it’s brilliant value and gives a damn fine shave as well.

So I had an excellent shower shave with this lot, and it was an efficient and comfortable shave with the razor, blade and soap combination. It goes to prove you don’t need to spend hundreds of pounds on expensive razors in order to have great shaves. Although obviously I have. ☺

Stay safe and enjoy your shaves.

Razor: Weishi "Super Speed" 9306-C
Blade: Israeli Crystal (3)
Soap: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
Brush: Stirling Butterscotch Flat Top BB
Pre-shave: None - shower shave
Post-shave: Trumper’s Lime Cologne
Bowl: None - face lather

15 March

Signature Soaps Hibernia
Plisson synthetic
Yaqi Katana
Personna med prep
Signature Soaps Hibernia asl

F3F7ED7E-47AD-413A-9E44-1A88C5F09E85.jpeg

Close, comfortable two pass shave this morning with the Katana, accompanied by a fresh lemony fragrance from the Signature Soaps Hibernia. These soaps are excellent, thanks guys for pointing me in the right direction...again.

Monday Shave

Preshave: Argan Oil Soap
Soap: Pannacrema Rosa
Brush: 28mm Shavemac Cashmere
Razor: Koraat 6/8 Near Wedge
Spalsh: Floid Sauve
Balm: Barts Bergamot and Vanilla
EDT: Fragrance Ireland Patrick

View attachment 66395
I just can't refrain from it anymore...but I must compliment you on your many wonderful straight razors and this one tops it all...a very handsome-looking wedge...

15/03/21
Pre: Shower
Brush: Edwin Jagger Medium
Soap: Signature Soap Coria
Razor: ATT SE-G1
Blade: GEM Stainless PTFE (4)
Post shave: Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Gucci By Gucci
Aftershave: Geoff Beene - Bowling Green

View attachment 66400
Very nice,
The V2 plate on this razor was hand reworked by Paul @Blademonkey to up the efficiency from the original, apparently too mild for use, i believe Paul reduced the length of the leading edge to bring the blade forward a touch. I find it just right for me, efficient and so forgiving.

3 passes for a BBS comfortable finish. The post shave routine leaving me soft and supple and smelling pretty good to boot.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All
The pointy blade corners don't bite? They're not rounded like a DE or injector blade, would have been covered by blade stops on a vintage razor.

Just had a lovely shave with some of my favourites to accompany my newly acquired Dovo master’s...it’s quite a weighty razor and I really like that about it ! Gave me a wonderfully smooth shave thank you @RussellR5555 super happy almost want to shave again the next shave can’t come quick enough it’s a beauty that I’m really going to enjoy. Feeling smooth and refreshed !064FB759-8074-4058-AB65-A9290CC4B615.jpeg

I am probably laughing at myself in reality. And it is anyone posting an SOTD gets a free laugh this week.

And I did like your suggestion of Lab Gorse so you are top of my list this week.
@Satanfriendly Laughter - must be the latest post COVID injection side-effect! We must tell EU bureaucrats to use our vaccine, they could do with it!

View attachment 66402

A Monday morning shave.

I was surfing AliExpress last night, which is always a dangerous thing to do, and reminded myself that I had bought the Weishi "Super Speed" 9306-C from there. For a £6 razor including shipping, it’s brilliant value and gives a damn fine shave as well.

So I had an excellent shower shave with this lot, and it was an efficient and comfortable shave with the razor, blade and soap combination. It goes to prove you don’t need to spend hundreds of pounds on expensive razors in order to have great shaves. Although obviously I have. ☺

Stay safe and enjoy your shaves.

Razor: Weishi "Super Speed" 9306-C
Blade: Israeli Crystal (3)
Soap: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
Brush: Stirling Butterscotch Flat Top BB
Pre-shave: None - shower shave
Post-shave: Trumper’s Lime Cologne
Bowl: None - face lather
A great shave set up. :love: .."It goes to prove you don’t need to spend hundreds of pounds on expensive razors in order to have great shaves"..Absolutely ! Each to their own choice IMHO "Technique Trumps Tools"...Yours-Barry.

Monday AM 2021-03-15
National Napping Day
34OXSHI.jpg

Rooney 1/2 Ebony Finest (24/57)
Hemingway Accoutrements shaving cream
Carbon Mokume-gane Brass/R2
Personna Super Platinum Chrome (9)
Hemingway Accoutrements aftershave

5dxPsuN.jpg

Back
Top Bottom