SOTD : Saturday 13th March to Friday 19th March 2021

It Is @Olie29 , i also find they are really easy to use. my photos are pretty dire lately and it does look better in the hand. i need to start wearing my glasses for the photos :ROFLMAO: .
T
Thanks T I did wonder if the colour wasn’t as bright in the photo, I really like the lime green one it’s my favourite colour think an investment may well be on the cards love it

Pre: hot towel, sanctuary triple cleansing mousse, proraso refreshing preshave cream
Soap: TOBS peppermint
Brush: yaqi 24mm purple haze
Razor: Rockwell 6s R4
Blade: Gillette 7o’clock black #3

First time shaving two days in a row rather than 1.5 days or every 2 days. First time face lathering . I will need to start doing it more often- there’s something enjoyable seeing how lather builds on a face rather than in the bowl.
I think the blade was the smoothest on its third outing - potentially could be fine for another 3 pass shave but the temptation to try some different blade is too big at the moment. Most likely will order 100 of them sometime soon.

Comfortable DFS++ achieved without any struggle or errors.

Pre: hot towel, sanctuary triple cleansing mousse, proraso refreshing preshave cream
Soap: TOBS peppermint
Brush: yaqi 24mm purple haze
Razor: Rockwell 6s R4
Blade: Gillette 7o’clock black #3

First time shaving two days in a row rather than 1.5 days or every 2 days. First time face lathering . I will need to start doing it more often- there’s something enjoyable seeing how lather builds on a face rather than in the bowl.
I think the blade was the smoothest on its third outing - potentially could be fine for another 3 pass shave but the temptation to try some different blade is too big at the moment. Most likely will order 100 of them sometime soon.

Comfortable DFS++ achieved without any struggle or errors.

Face lathering is the way ahead - with 2-3 days growth the lather will be better (more agitation against the brush)

How do you find the razor
Hi and thanks for asking. TBH, I really love shaving with this razor. I have only use the Feather Proguard blades so far as it is the cheapest I could find locally. Each and every shave is effortlessly easy and silky smooth (probably because of the blade). The angle is easy to find (mostly shallow). I have more than 35 razors (vintage and modern) and none were able to provide me with a shave so efficient...unless I push it and will surely result in irritation or weepers. This razor can maneuver so easily around and especially under the nose and any curvature. My usual problem areas are the adam apple and under both jawlines. I am amazed how easily this razor removes the hairs there...

I have long admired and desire the Vector but that razor is just way beyond what I can afford (even the RR Hawk). OTOH, both these AC razors ( I have both brass and aluminum) comes to me at only USD16 and the most expensive thing is the blades...
I really resisted the urge to use both every day... :LOL::LOL: they're so good. I reminded myself I have to use DE razors more because of the cost of the blades...:D

I read somewhere that all these 3 are rare to be found in just 1 razor, Smoothness, Comfort, and Efficiency but I found mine...YMMV of course

Face lathering is the way ahead - with 2-3 days growth the lather will be better (more agitation against the brush)
I've almost exclusively face-lathered since I started - it just feels more connected to the whole process! As @Paul L said above that bit of stubble helps build the lather, and I love the "painting stroke" of the smooth lather after the swirly build. God I need a hobby. If only I could afford one after joining this forum :oops::ROFLMAO:

Hi and thanks for asking. TBH, I really love shaving with this razor. I have only use the Feather Proguard blades so far as it is the cheapest I could find locally. Each and every shave is effortlessly easy and silky smooth (probably because of the blade). The angle is easy to find (mostly shallow). I have more than 35 razors (vintage and modern) and none were able to provide me with a shave so efficient...unless I push it and will surely result in irritation or weepers. This razor can maneuver so easily around and especially under the nose and any curvature. My usual problem areas are the adam apple and under both jawlines. I am amazed how easily this razor removes the hairs there...

I have long admired and desire the Vector but that razor is just way beyond what I can afford (even the RR Hawk). OTOH, both these AC razors ( I have both brass and aluminum) comes to me at only USD16 and the most expensive thing is the blades...
I really resisted the urge to use both every day... :LOL::LOL: they're so good. I reminded myself I have to use DE razors more because of the cost of the blades...:D

I read somewhere that all these 3 are rare to be found in just 1 razor, Smoothness, Comfort, and Efficiency but I found mine...YMMV of course
Good it's working for you, it is a good looking razor and an excellent copy of the Vector, which for me is a fantastic smooth and efficient razor. Feathers can be a bit rough. If you PM your address, I can send you a Kai Pink and Proline P30, which are superior in my opinion

Definitely will be giving it a try more often! Will have a go at it with 2 day stubble :)
I've almost exclusively face-lathered since I started - it just feels more connected to the whole process! As @Paul L said above that bit of stubble helps build the lather, and I love the "painting stroke" of the smooth lather after the swirly build. God I need a hobby. If only I could afford one after joining this forum :oops::ROFLMAO:
See strangely I've started off with bowl lathering and didn't give any other way a try! Not sure why to be honest haha! Will definitely be doing that more often!

Normally when I bowl lather, i still massage the lather into the face and finish off with painting stroke - don't worry, you're not the only one! I find it very satisfying to, how nice thing and equal it looks once 'painted' over!

Definitely will be giving it a try more often! Will have a go at it with 2 day stubble :)

See strangely I've started off with bowl lathering and didn't give any other way a try! Not sure why to be honest haha! Will definitely be doing that more often!

Normally when I bowl lather, i still massage the lather into the face and finish off with painting stroke - don't worry, you're not the only one! I find it very satisfying to, how nice thing and equal it looks once 'painted' over!

I don't bother painting the lather out too evenly (imagine a country pub with heavily artexed walls !!)

Good it's working for you, it is a good looking razor and an excellent copy of the Vector, which for me is a fantastic smooth and efficient razor. Feathers can be a bit rough. If you PM your address, I can send you a Kai Pink and Proline P30, which are superior in my opinion
Hey...many thanks!! I truly and sincerely appreciate your very kind and generous offer but I am quite far away in Malaysia. I know it is not cheap to ship to me so you have my deepest gratitude.:)
I have long checked Connaught for GEM and now the Prolines blades but haven't pulled the trigger because of the shipping, including the famous Signature soaps...perhaps 1 day... ;)
Thanks again and warmest regards...

16 March

Signature Soaps Hibernia
Cadman M55
Ikon Deluxe DLC
Feather Hi-stainless
Signature Soaps Hibernia splash

AA50F5E3-351C-4948-96F5-A4BC47FEE385.jpeg

Another excellent shave with the Hibernia from Signature Soaps. The Ikon razor with the DLC coated open comb head slicing through the stubble like a hot knife through butter. I finished with the Hibernia aftershave splash that leaves the skin feeling fresh with no greasy residue. Good stuff.

Back
Top Bottom