SOTD : Saturday 13 August - Friday 19 August 2022.

Wed 17th August

Cyril Salter.MS ED2band
Vitos Super Red
Gem Micromatic
Gem S/S [ 4 ]
Mentolado Vigoroso A/S Lotion

Pleased to have got a mishap free Shave with The Micromatic. Immediate blade feel warns you not to rush, so get the angle right with a light touch and you will escape any potential blood letting

IMG_0073.jpeg

Last edited:
Wednesday AM 2022-08-17
The first transatlantic balloon flight (Presque Isle, ME to Paris, France) was completed on this date in 1978
qocUmiM.jpg

Rooney 2/1 Faux Horn Finest (22/52)
Floris No. 89 shaving cream
Carbon Adamas
Wilkinson London Bridge (3)
Prada pour Homme aftershave
GDYQJha.jpg

SOTD 17-Aug
View attachment 92080
Brush: Alpha UKWSS G5D
Soap: SW Fougère Nemeta
Razor: Parker InjRzr
Blade: Proline B-20 (?)

Passable yet unimpressive shave, I don't get on with this parker, top gear and I still feel like I have to put my shoulder into it to get a result with which I'm marginally happy. Think this is going to be placed squarely at the back of the drawer again. Funnily though I haven't got on that well with the Schick injector I got my hands on, though that is of dubious condition, I'll pull that one out and give it another run.

Hope everyone has a cracking day!

Cheers

Marc
I bought the same model Parker and first time I used it I thought it was probably the worst razor ever. However, when I checked the blade that came with the razor I found it was just a blank put it for shipping. Looked like the real thing but this rather important fact was not mentioned in any paperwork that I could find. Doh! Put a proper blade in and had a decent shave albeit still not as good as a Schick injector.

I bought the same model Parker and first time I used it I thought it was probably the worst razor ever. However, when I checked the blade that came with the razor I found it was just a blank put it for shipping. Looked like the real thing but this rather important fact was not mentioned in any paperwork that I could find. Doh! Put a proper blade in and had a decent shave albeit still not as good as a Schick injector.
I started a shave once only to find I had forgotten to put the DE blade in my Feather AS-D1, I thought I know this razor was known for being mild but this just isn't shaving!
I think we have all done stuff like this if we are honest! :)

Paul.

I've figure it out!

Starting at the top left - the planes are made of aluminium so represent either the Karve or ATT. Probably the ATT as Jesus was a mild chap so he represents the choice of base plate. The crossed bugle things and praying virgin represent a new Wilkinson Sword blade. The chap praying to the right of Jesus is @Paul L praying for a normal SOTD pic. The zeppelin represents the source of tunes during the shave and the result of the shave is shown in the bottom right - transition from bearded monstrosity to a cool Hunter. Signature Soaps Brittania soap with a nod to the Roman naming convention in the bottom centre there. Continuing our travels left, across the bottom of the image, you enjoyed bottle of Blue Nun during the shave. Liberty there is a copy/paste error and the shave was champion - or perhaps representative of an 'Ali' Express brush....

Am I close?

04A4F08C-5050-4721-BDFA-680EB3EB2BCC.jpeg
Aug. 17, 2022 - Austere August day 17

Slowly getting throughout the AA. The amount of cream is also getting lower and lower, so I already started rationing it to complete the Austere August with one soap only and lathering with use of hand on the face (it's not going too well admittedly). Razor is still hyper aggressive whilst blade is getting a bit blunt and tuggy.

Hi Chris,
well done very thoughtful and imaginative , you must have amassed a few Brownie Points or a "Get out of Jail" card.
See the Mongoose still going strong.
Regards-Mike

Thank you Mike.

The Mongoose will always go strong because it is the bestist ever and forever ever ever ever. All the naysayers will be cast to my back garden and suffer having to water my plants for an eternity.

Oh I feel so evil

I've figure it out!

Starting at the top left - the planes are made of aluminium so represent either the Karve or ATT. Probably the ATT as Jesus was a mild chap so he represents the choice of base plate. The crossed bugle things and praying virgin represent a new Wilkinson Sword blade. The chap praying to the right of Jesus is @Paul L praying for a normal SOTD pic. The zeppelin represents the source of tunes during the shave and the result of the shave is shown in the bottom right - transition from bearded monstrosity to a cool Hunter. Signature Soaps Brittania soap with a nod to the Roman naming convention in the bottom centre there. Continuing our travels left, across the bottom of the image, you enjoyed bottle of Blue Nun during the shave. Liberty there is a copy/paste error and the shave was champion - or perhaps representative of an 'Ali' Express brush....

Am I close?

A bit of over thinking there.

It is The Emporium and a few of its customers. I didn't know we had a nun here on TSR, but you live and learn.

Last edited:
Razor = Ikon B1 Oss head
Blade = Winner Platinum ( 2 )
Brush = Simpsons The Duke Super Badger
Cream = Simpsons Sandlewood with matching balm
Splash = Boots Freshwood
FDC5DA62-6D93-4CCB-9784-4788BBEFCFD0.jpegGreat unexpected shave today.
i wasn’t feeling like it to be honest as i had a 12 hour session on the beer with my oldest son i hadn’t seen in a while.
what started of as a coupon beers turned in to a mammoth session.
So the heads been burst all day.
I felt like a tramp all day mopping around on the settee feeling sorry for myself so decided to get a shower & shave.
im trying to use a lot of creams i haven’t used in a while & this one is ok ish.
The Ikon paired with the winner was superb.
Tomorrow i’ll be a difficult man,
not a better one just a different one lol
Stay Safe Guys

SOTD: 17/08/2022

Razor: Rockwell 6s #3
Blade: Gillette Permasharp, 3rd use
Brush: Yaqi Lucky Dice Tuxedo
Bowl: Steve Woodhead Mega Bowl
Preshave: Soap Bloom Water With A Hot Flannel
Soap: Southern Witchcrafts Autumn Ash Croap
Aftershave: Southern Witchcrafts Autumn Ash Aftershave
Additional Care: Shave Tunes Fortunate Son By Creedence Clearwater Revival
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Devine

After a couple of days of menthol I went for a change today with Autumn Ash as the heatwave has broken in the Peoples Republic of Yorkshire. Still a cold water shave.

The Permasharp is on its third outing and still behaving but always retire a blade so it's 3 and out.

E375C241-55B6-4F5A-9CD2-C7CFC79A4DA5.jpeg

I've figure it out!

Am I close?
The bearded chap put me in mind of Dr Death?

I'm not holding my breath for a proper photo until at least a week next Tuesday . . .

197DDABF-34D2-4C08-9A29-356F501C7E25.jpeg
SOTD: 17/08/2022

Razor: Stando Prowe II and Leaf Twig
Blade: Leaf Half DE Blades, 1st use
Brush: AP Shave Co. Lemon Drop G5A
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: PAA Astra Planeta Puck
Balm: PAA Star Jelly Astra Planeta Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

It’s my first day with the Stando Prowse II and much like the Cat Claw this is another OC that I could easily get on with. Strangely after the first pass I felt the Twig was marginally more efficient but by the 2nd and 3rd passes as I got more used to the Prowse it definitely came out on top. Again not quite as smooth and refined as the Twig but definitely more efficient, it’s another excellent offering from Stando. The way all the Stando razors clamp the blade down is so effective that half the time you’d think the blade was a solid part of the head. I’ll try it on it’s own tomorrow it year again I find this a perfect midrange razor and it could be a great daily driver. It also gains extra points for the highly accurate and well measured blade postioner on the head, it’s an almost perfect fit, easy to load but locked in tight. I’m not sure I’ve seen anything quite so accurate on a razor before but it certainly head and shoulders above the leads loading bay! Many thanks to @slapo again for the loan!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom