SOTD : Saturday 13 August - Friday 19 August 2022.

SOTD : 13th August 2022.

1.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men DEEP CLEAN Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar Soap
Brush: Fine 24mm Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl : Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl
Lather: OSP Grapefruit & Menthol Shaving Cream.
Blade : Feather Hi Stainless .(D1)
Razor : Merkur 39C.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings,Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel)./Alcolado Glacial mentholated Splash Lotion./Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

Greetings,

(Face & Head Shave)

A new shave set up to start the weekend.... Maiden shave pairing the Feather Hi Stainless with the Merkur 39C.

I intend to do a focus for the next few weeks with the Feather Hi Stainless after not adding them to my blade rotation for a while.

My first few shaving experiences with the Feather Hi Stainless where uncomfortable which was down to my lack of shaving experience technique & shaving confidence which had nothing to do with the blade itself.

I have mentioned before that i was stupidly naive at the time in believing the daunting exaggerated mythological fearsome reputation reviews on them which planted a seed of hesitation in my mind before my first maiden shave with them... However my reacquaintance with them earlier this year has now vastly changed, i now find when i shave with them they are smooth and efficient, and are a pleasure to shave with. My only crit is the longevity of them, which for me is 2-3 shaves max before they lose their smoothness.

The Merkur 39c slant is such a wonderful solidly built smooth non-aggressive razor and like the 37C it's smaller handled sibling each time i have put it in my razor rotation i have had consistently good smooth shaves with it, today was no exception and Paired up with the Feather Hi stainless superbly feeling smooth & efficient.

A close comfortable face & head shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Today's shave:

rdt220813bdco9.jpg

- Stirling Island Man
- Semogue BC 2019 LE
- 3ONE6 with Feather blade
- Isana Dark Ocean aftershave

:D

And so themed, 'My shave'

20220813_072256.jpg

My razor - Ikon B1
My blade - Wizamet Super Iridium
My brush - Hive-2
My soap - Penhaligons Bayolea
My moisturiser - Colegen
My scent - Banana Republic Neroli Woods

'My TV'

A me, me, me bit of time. Then again I couldn't see a shave being anything else.

A rare morning shave for me but two days of growth to chew through after a bout of idleitis. Chew it didn't, but superbly dealt with it was.

Happyitis is more the order of the day.

Have great weekend you fantastic forum folk and never forget......I love you all

And I do love these girls

SOTD: 13/08/2022

Razor: Rockwell 6s #3
Blade: Gillette Permasharp, 1st use
Brush: Simpsons Chubby 3 Sovereign Grade
Bowl: Simpsons Travel Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Refreshing Pre Shave Cream
Soap: Southern Witchcrafts Fougere Nemeta Croap
Aftershave: Fine Snake Bite Aftershave
Additional Care: Shave Music Courtesy Of The Beach Boys Greatest Hits
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Kiss Me Right Now

A refreshing cold water shave this morning. Menthol pre-shave and Snake Bite aftershave and 10 minutes later my face still feels cooler than a penguins flip-flops.

Tried my first Permasharp today, definitely a keeper. (I started with a Feather on its third go and quickly remembered that for me they are a two shave blade, was swapped out quickly). Finished a quick splash of the matching balm from Southern Witchcrafts (which dries to a lovely grapefruit) after the menthol cooled down and was ready for the wife sniff test.

F4D25475-D241-4A64-B6F8-ED61830F57AD.jpeg

SOTD 13-Aug
20220813_080951.jpg
Brush: Simpson Colonel
Soap: NO Firefighter
Razor: Gillette Slim (7)
Blade: GSB (2)

Excellent shave, still very pleased that I picked up this razor, there's only a handful of settings I'll use but it is very effective. Combined with one of my favourite NO's led to a very pleasant shave.

Another nice sunny day so it's off to get monuts (if we ever leave on time...I'm doubtful) and a wander to plas newydd to entertain the little one, or rather let her run wild whilst we chill and the mother in-law chases after!

Hope everyone has a cracking day!

Cheers

Marc

Sat 13 1st proper SOTD in Aotearoa
Soap Stirling Pumpkin Spice
Brush Yaqi 22mm Ever-Helpful 2 Band Badger
Razor Gillette New SC
Blade Gillette London Bridge 1st
Aftershave New Plymouth cold water + B&M Cheshire Balm
Excellent soap qualities! Perfect for the winter...including aftershave balm...
Excellent shave with the razor paired with the blade. Very happy with the 3passes for a bbs finish...
20220813_203035.jpg

Back
Top Bottom