SOTD : Saturday 13 August - Friday 19 August 2022.

Saturday 13th August
Stoll Junior 3D - Gem Stainless Coated #1 - Old Spice Original - Yaqi Robin - Old Spice AS - Aloe Vera Gel
8tbE103.jpg

Screenshot_20220813-105107~2.png
SOTD 13 August 2022

Razor - Feather Artist Club DX
Blade - Feather Pro Super
Soap - Valobra Stick
Brush - C&H Silvertip
Post - Thayer's astringent
Frag - La fumée arabie - Miller Harris

I'm really loving the DX fitted with the Pro Super, a perfect match for me.
The Valobra soap burst into a thick luxurious lather on my face with the aid of my C&H silvertip and offered me all the protection I needed along with a good bit of slip n slide! :)
Once again, a perfect shave.
A splash of Thayer's followed by a couple of spray's of the wonderful La fumée arabie from Miller Harris on my pulse points.
Perfectly shaven and smelling great! :)

Enjoy your weekend chaps, it's going to be a hot one!

Paul.

Last edited:
13/08/22
Pre - Cool shower, cold water face rinse
Brush - Razorock 400 Plissoft Syn
Soap - Arran soap Co. Machrie
Razor - Blutt 0.86
Blade - Wizamet Super Iridium
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Arran soap Co. Machrie
A/S - Arran soap Co. Machrie
Wk 33 (1).JPG
The shave longevity from yesterday was spot on, today i completed 2 passes, ATG first then XTG to finish, another super smooth finish.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Last edited:
Sat 13 1st proper SOTD in Aotearoa
Soap Stirling Pumpkin Spice
Brush Yaqi 22mm Ever-Helpful 2 Band Badger
Razor Gillette New SC
Blade Gillette London Bridge 1st
Aftershave New Plymouth cold water + B&M Cheshire Balm
Excellent soap qualities! Perfect for the winter...including aftershave balm...
Excellent shave with the razor paired with the blade. Very happy with the 3passes for a bbs finish...
View attachment 91937

That baseplate is upside down!

20220813_203035 (1).jpg

13 August

PAA Dapper Doc’s
Cadman M55
Tatara Masamune Nodachi
Feather Hi-Stainless
Village Barber balm

3D42E9CD-6862-4ADD-A3B6-712244CB7DA1.jpeg
The third shave in a row with the Nodachi and it produced another fine result. I must mention a couple of counterintuitive things regarding the Nodachi handle. It looks slippery but never feels it during the shave, and it looks long, and indeed it is, but again, it doesn’t feel it whilst shaving.

Moroccan woodbines
What a great name for a soap and splash set that would be!
And then PAA could do a tribute to it and call it Amsterdam Awakening. Probably.

Edit: if any artisan soap makers actually nick my idea and make this, I will sign over the rights to the name for the princely sum of a soap and splash set.

Last edited:
SOTD 65.jpg

Soap – Meissner Mint Ice Menthol
Brush – Razorock Bruce 24mm
Razor – ER 1912
Blade – GEM SS (2)
A/S & Balm – Proraso Green
EDT – Boss Unlimited

Sometimes I can be up to 5 days between shaves so its not often I shave with light growth. A less regular routine has been a huge benefit to my skin over the years and as much as I love shaving I couldn't do it daily again.
Of course occasions arise that I shave in between so I was curious to try this razor / blade combo out with light growth as it felt like it could be a good one for me and that hunch was justified today. This is as good a shave as I’ve had with a light growth. I did enjoy Occam’s with the mildest plate but this felt smoother. No hint of burn or irritation, no redness, weepers or cuts. Just beautiful.
The blade felt even smoother having a shave under it’s belt and I spent a thoroughly satisfying and relaxing 20 mins or so taking the whiskers off.
The Meissner provides some amazing lather and Proraso Green is a perfect match for it, especially in the current climate.

Have a great weekend everyone.

13 August

PAA Dapper Doc’s
Cadman M55
Tatara Masamune Nodachi
Feather Hi-Stainless
Village Barber balm

View attachment 91950
The third shave in a row with the Nodachi and it produced another fine result. I must mention a couple of counterintuitive things regarding the Nodachi handle. It looks slippery but never feels it during the shave, and it looks long, and indeed it is, but again, it doesn’t feel it whilst shaving.

I bloody told you they were good razors ;)

926EBEE9-9D6A-40A8-B74E-EB313377F068.jpeg
SOTD: 13/08/2022

Razor: Stando Cat Claw and Rockwell 6s plate 4
Blade: Astra SP, 2nd use
Brush: Yaqi Bali Silvertip Badger
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary Special Edition
Aftershave: Issey Miyake L’Eau d’Issey EDT
Balm: Bart’s Balm Sample Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

Stando Claw Round 2. So this time I bought the Stando Cat Claw some real competition efficiency wise and it was against the 6s on a 4 plate. The outcome was almost a draw. The Rockwell felt marginally smoother and more efficient at each pass but I felt the Cat Claw with longer growth would have been the winner. It’s almost a daily shaver but I think I’d have to drop to 2 pass shaves as it’s just so efficient and may be too much for my skin. It left no irritation at all but I wouldn’t use the 6s daily on a 4 either so there’s no criticism, if anything I’m more impressed than yesterday as I thought my skin wouldn’t be able to take it being so close 2 days in a row but actually it’s feeling fine and the shave was incident free. The handle really is a delight and the finish nearly as well executed as a Tatara. Razor added to the wishlist and I sense the same is coming for the other two Stando’s @slapo bas sent me to try as I think both are slightly milder which will be my normal sweet spot. Never thought I’d get on with an OC so well! I sense the Chors tomorrow will be a winner even more.
On another note the new Yaqi is lovely and may be only the 2nd badger in the Den.

Saturday 13th August

The Invention Of Monsters

Soap • Squadron Red Lead
Brush • Yaqi 24mm Tuxedo Red Marble
Razor • Timeless 0.68 SS Scalloped
Blade • NOS English Wilkinson Sword (2)
Post • Shulton Old Spice Aftershave

Inspired by @Digimonkey earlier SOTD picture, I have been reading 'Essential Dali' today. A good read with lots of artwork, printed on quality heavy paper.

Oh, and the shave was very good.

Enjoy the weekend everyone.

P

Saturday 13th August

The Invention Of Monsters

Soap • Squadron Red Lead
Brush • Yaqi 24mm Tuxedo Red Marble
Razor • Timeless 0.68 SS Scalloped
Blade • NOS English Wilkinson Sword (2)
Post • Shulton Old Spice Aftershave

Inspired by @Digimonkey earlier SOTD picture, I have been reading 'Essential Dali' today. A good read with lots of artwork, printed on quality heavy paper.

Oh, and the shave was very good.

Enjoy the weekend everyone.

P
Where did you get the picture of my wife??????

Saturday mornings shave

I've added some extra drops of menthol into the Apogee splash to help give that freeze effect.

Worked well after a 7, 6.5 shave with the Schick adjustable. I think the blade is on about it's 9th outing. I've lost count, but it's still doing rather well.

As for the soap, probably not the best I have, but it does like being a little more loose than others. Once well watered it's a reasonably good performer.

Attachments

• IMG_20220813_104035__01.jpg
    IMG_20220813_104035__01.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 7
Back
Top Bottom