SOTD : Saturday 13 August - Friday 19 August 2022.

Saturday Shave - 13 Aug.

The Grosvenor - 404 mixed
Lea Classic soap
Claymore Evolution
Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG ( 2 )
Lea Classic A/S Lotion

Never any hassle shaving with The Evo, when fitted with this Kai guarded blade it is so smooth that whiskers might not exist. This is my to go choice for special occasions.

CC68A9A5-23E0-4C1F-8028-582924D3042A.jpeg

14/08/22
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Silver Birch Brushes - Cocobolo Silvertip
Soap - Ariana & Evans L'Orange Verte
Razor - Gillette Slim Adjustable H3
Blade - Personna Med Prep
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Barts Balm Cinnamon & Patchouli Balm & Lotion
A/S - Pinaud Gents GinWk 33 (2).JPG
Not a lot to go at again this morning, the Blutt shave seems to be deep and comfy, it could just be me being a bit smitten with it though.
A joyous shave this morning with my Birthyear Slim, Set to #5 and fitted with a new Med prep it has delivered a BBS finish in 2 passes, WTG and ATG.
Yeah! that's what i am talking about.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

SOTD 14-Aug
20220814_082401.jpg
Brush: PAA Switchback Oumo Silk HMW
Soap: Fine Platinum
Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: GSB (1)

Decent shave this morning, went for the platinum today, I hadn't realised when I bought it that it had menthol in balm but today that's a definite relief! Topped off with the Essence Vault 199, smelling good, smooth and refreshed.

Another nice day today and no work tomorrow. All I need now is a cold beer in the back garden with the braai going and it'll be the perfect day!

Hope everyone has a cracking one!

Cheer

Marc

SOTD: 14/08/2022

Razor: Rockwell 6s #3
Blade: Gillette Permasharp, 2nd use
Brush: Simpsons Chubby 3 Sovereign Grade
Bowl: Steve Woodhead Mega Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Refreshing Pre Shave Cream
Soap: Lea Menthol Shaving Cream
Aftershave: Fine Italian Citrus Aftershave
Balm: Proraso Green Balm
Additional Care: Shave Tunes Courtesy Of The Rat Pack
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Er, You Are Not Going To Wear That Out In Public Are You?

Another cold water and menthol shave due to the heatwave continuing but at least it's supposed to break tomorrow. The Permasharp blade on use 2 was even better than yesterday and they can go into the rotation.

I love the smell of the Fine Citrus aftershave, just wish it lasted longer than 10 minutes.

14ACC23E-6EC0-43BD-9F5D-12F8C169747A.jpeg

298673110_451955993467101_1567111816470277007_n.jpg

Prep:
Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Catie's Bubbles Midnght Dreary
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Chianti Tuxedo
Razor: "Blank" Ever Ready 1912 / Mwerkur 34C HD
Blade: Gem Personna / Gillette Nacet

Well, it's been a while - holiday beard and far too much work have limited my interactions on here, which I'm sure those who despair at my puerile sense of humour consider a win ;)
Anyway, I've been waiting to use this setup since Adam @ATG kindly sent me a vial of Tom Ford-alike essential oil fragrance. It certainly complements the soap, and is a brilliant, heady mix. Definitely one for the evening rather than wearing while in my car in the current heat all day :oops: Ever Ready did a good job, but a tidy up with the Merkur was required due to the dense coverage I'd accrued. As always the Nacet was great.

Sunday August 14, 2022
Razor: Le Grelot "The Bell"
Blade: Gem SS
Brush: STAR /Boti Horse
Soap: Stirling Deton-8
AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
AS 2: A&E Revolution
Fragrance: Viktor Rolf Spicebomb
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,377

Do you get the Boti Horse directly from them in China or is there a vendor somewhere who sells them?

14 August

TOBS Sandalwood
Plisson synthetic
ES Claymore Evolution
Feather Professional
Floïd Mentolado Vigoroso

18528FDA-CF91-4B10-B023-55834A2CCA3F.jpeg
A lovely, luxurious, two pass, cold water shave this morning. The TOBS lather with the Plisson brush created a mountain of rich lather, and the Claymore with a ? many shave old Feather was outstanding. (I know @Satanfriendly you told me so! ;))

It was “keep it simple” for me today.
Razor: Vintage Sha-ve-zee first pass, £6 no-name 4 piece travel razor to clean up
Blade: GEM SE with spine, twin blade cartridge sans aloe lube strip (came with the razor)
Brush: Henri et Victoria
Soap: Taylor Sandlewood

Brush and soap lathered superbly, smooth and rich with a great smell.
Sha-ve-zee was a pretty amazing Everyman razor in its day. Simple design and cheap to make, doesn’t look like it was built to last so almost the disposable razor. Amazed that mine is in such great condition, even the box but I guess it spent most of its life in a draw somewhere. Excellent shave with the GEM. Putting blades in and taking out needed to be done with care to avoid unnecessary bloodshed.
Travel razor is a remarkable piece of low cost utilitarian design. Pocket sized polished pressed sheet metal case, shaped foam liner for the highly polished pieces and one blade, and mirror inside the lid. Could be man or lady shave.
I think I last used a non swivel head twin cartridge razor 30 years ago, but the result with this one was excellent.

have a great Sunday guys

880E7AAC-2530-48C4-BE40-24C5B24FE719.jpeg

29AB0EC3-33A7-46F0-A39B-7F6C3400C61B.jpeg

Simpson Chubby 1 Super
Rockwell 6c (3)
Polsilver Łódź (1)
OSP Rosemary& Peppermint
Thayer’s Cucumber witch hazel
D.R. Harris a/s

Hello chaps, haven’t posted a sold for quite a while.

Wonderfully refreshing respite from this incessant heat.

Enjoy yours, I’m back to feeling sweaty and bothered.

SOTD - Faena Philosoap, Alpha Outlaw 28mm 2 band badger, Timeless Bronze Solid Bar, Personna Med Prep

220814-SOTD.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom