SOTD : Saturday 13 August - Friday 19 August 2022.

Razor = Rockwell 6s ( 3 )
Blade = Gillette Blue ( 3 )
Brush = C&H Copper & Ivory 26mm Boar
Soap = MWF
Splash = Myrsol Blue
Balm = Barts Balm Ben Kilbreck
C9D370B0-D6DF-4982-AC3A-BE6B1740C5AA.jpegA Straight 10/10 shave today
i dialled the razor down to the 3 plate due to me having a like weeper on my top lip last time out so just wanted a easy stress free shave.
I know we’ve had many a thread on here about MWF but for me it’s top class and ultimately one of my top 3 soaps if not thee number 1.
I decided to go with the 26mm boar and it whipped up the most wonderful lather which produced 3 luxurious passes.
Onwards & Upwards
Enjoy the rest of your weekend
Stay Safe

Sunday AM 2022-08-14
The California Highway Patrol was established on this date in 1929
ynURtBA.jpg

Rooney 1/3 Faux Ebony Finest (26/52)
Art of Shaving Rose Absolute shaving cream (vintage)
Carbon Adamas
Personna 74 Tungsten (16)
Paco Rabanne 1 Million aftershave
hjdLdPc.jpg

Sunday

After mowing the lawn and doing some other gardening chores before it got too hot, I had a 'take your time' cool shower followed by my shave.

First time I've really done WTG, XTG with the 'feather-like' shavette and relied on just that, without touch-ups from a DE.

Whilst not the best results, it certainly was better than the last time out. I think I may need to go for a pro blade rather than the guarded version.

Cool and fresh from both the menthol Palmolive cream & the Proraso splash.

Attachments

• IMG_20220814_134514__01.jpg
    IMG_20220814_134514__01.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 10
Evening all,

Goodbye Fatboy hello Alpha Outlaw Copper!

Pre, flannel and hot water
Brush, Boti Blue
Razor, Alpha Outlaw Copper (Standard plate)
Blade, Personna (USA, 1st use)
Soap, Stirling Almond Creme
Post, Stirling Almond Creme

Very impressed with Stirlings offerings so far, this one and the Coniferous. Very very easy to lather, little effort required. A great surface to work on. Scent to me is not as sickly as Cella but stronger than Vitos. A nice balance between the two. It goes without saying that if you don't like almond / marzipan related scents then this will not be for you.

A zero issue 3 grain pass as usual. No nicks / weepers / cuts / irritation. But nice and clean and close. Which is always good.

Now for the post splash. It seems to me to me a little deeper / heavier than the soap in scent. Might just be my nose, but that's what i think. But it feels good and that's the main thing. It will mellow as time goes on and to be honest, its a little less sweet than the soap, which works for me.

Best,

Ben

Sunday 14th August

AL9nZEVOvavjRVJEPHM5exIhVCx6RWbq-VgsJEhhcauaWUSRdrzqKGUyJVrw2WevQSdE80zrH2bhdzNkDH1K4L2FLteLVXbTPqUoHDD93JfX0FwZvK74Z35VuVDSR6Qs7ABvr1UFaKx0zNFNFvXaoTaP3XRpcw=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Williams Mug Shaving Soap
Haryali Rosewood w/Blonde Boar 20mm
Wilkinson Sword Sticky & Wilkinson Sword (Vintage)
Pinaud Clubman Citrus Musk Cologne (as Aftershave)

Another weekend with vintage WIlkinson Sword blades, much thanks to a little stash sent to me by @Mike Smart ... and second run with this blade which I believe is from the 1970s. Another close to 10/10 shave (yesterday felt better) and very much enjoyed.

AL9nZEX9yQT8dWyEvnCOJwM5yafOCiLKo7yzxZ1jZBkLSdexgCN6OoprY0q1xU5PlAd2ea56Dv7j5CRIiATNEV1I36CWx9H7ZsDd5OR-QTXH3o8A2K5QpwqNy8K38M9aszJboAg-yk7M1gFGUT8ZWbTf8EYTOg=w300

This Sunday arrived with a shave themed, 'I love you all'

20220814_163143.jpg

Razor love - Occams Enoch
Blade lurve - Schick Proline
Love brush - Steven Jagger 30mm Cashmere
Love cream - Officina Artigiana
Love gel - KY Simple moisturiser
Scent of love - Laboratory Perfumes Gorse

'I don't know how to talk dirty'

After a rather hot afternoon out on the river pulling things off and doing some fine tugging (all in the name of love:love:) a refreshing shave was definitely on the books. And boy oh boy did this one deliver.

I really forgot how damn fine this oversized Cashmere is and it soon produced a superb lather with this rather smashing soap. Every property a soap should produce and a nice mild scent to boot.

The Enoch delivered as it always does. Expedient, smooth and without any fuss. Fingers remaining rather intact this time.

Overall a most bodacious shave and isn't it odd how a good clean shave can make you feel cooler. Wonderful

And why do I keep telling you 'I love you all?'. Because I do.

Have a fantastic week ahead and at last some very welcome rain due.

On Any Love? Certainly looks that way

2112C8EA-4D44-4434-A754-01DD600E9A8A.jpeg
SOTD: 14/08/2022

Razor: Stando Chors
Blade: Astra SP, 1st use
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Lothur Tears Croap
Aftershave: Stirling Campania EDT
Balm: Bart’s Balm Sample Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

The next razor in my loan bundle from @slapo is the Stando Chors. I’ll start by saying this comparison is very hard to call. The Chors felt more efficient than the Masamune but the Masamune is more nimble and agile. It’s like a crossover between the Masamune and Nodachi. It’s definitely a step up efficiency wise but still smooth. It’s perhaps a little less refined design wise but I’m beginning to find practicality and efficiency more attractive in my razors, hence I couldn’t do without my 6s after selling it and bought it back. The head holds the blade absolutely solidly, there’s no chatter and it just feels incredibly efficient, and where as I may have struggled with the Cat Claw more than a few days in a row, the Chors to me seems to be balanced right on the mid point of efficiency and smoothness that doesn’t irritate my skin, very impressive. I shaved mid morning and the side I used with the Chors is effectively at a DFS level with only minor regrowth in comparison to the Masamune side which has definite bristles coming through. I’m looking forward to another shave tomorrow with it!

14/08/2022

Razor: Stando Brass Rod
Blade: Schick Proline (6)
Brush: Simpson's Chubby 2 Super
Soap: Extro Arancia Italiana

View attachment 91994

First shave with the brass Stando Rod in a while. I was eyeballing it for a sale but this shave has just encouraged me otherwise. Fantastic!
First dibs in the inevitable future Emporium sale!

Mon 15 SOTD with Mount Taranaki in the background
Soap Yaqi Green
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mountain Lake 2 Band Badger
Razor Kamisori Shavette
Blade Feather Professional 7th Use
Aftershave Yaqi Green Splash.
Nice enough soap and matching splash for the scent and lather qualities.
This razor is best for travel and paired with the blade provided a very nice, fast, easy, smooth, comfortable & efficient shave. 3passes for a mostly dfs finish. Super!
20220815_091355.jpg

Mon 15 SOTD with Mount Taranaki in the background
Soap Yaqi Green
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mountain Lake 2 Band Badger
Razor Kamisori Shavette
Blade Feather Professional 7th Use
Aftershave Yaqi Green Splash.
Nice enough soap and matching splash for the scent and lather qualities.
This razor is best for travel and paired with the blade provided a very nice, fast, easy, smooth, comfortable & efficient shave. 3passes for a mostly dfs finish. Super!
View attachment 92004
Wow - that view!!

Back
Top Bottom