SOTD : Saturday 13 August - Friday 19 August 2022.

Afternoon all,

Pre, flannel and hot water
Brush, Boti Blue
Razor, Alpha Outlaw Copper (Standard plate)
Blade, Personna (USA, 2nd use)
Soap, Folk Shaving Soap
Post, HAGS Aftermath

My first try with this soap. And it's a cracker. I left it in the bowl and left my brush after dampening it on top for a bit before twirling it around in the bowl. After a while i could see it was paying dividends so removed the soap and continued to work the brush around the bowl. It produced a very thick and luxurious lather. The scent is inoffensive, mild, a hint of lanolin. It provided an excellent surface to work on.

A zero issue 3 grain pass as usual. No nicks / weepers / cuts / irritation. But nice and clean and close. Very close in fact. I decided to match it with the HAGS Aftermath after considering a number of others purely because i felt like it. The beauty of the Folk Soap is it can be paired with anything i feel. I'm looking forward to using this again and for the price you can't go wrong. As mentioned in the Folk Soap thread i picked up the Shampoo bar as well and really like that as well.

Best,

Ben

Just has to be Mondrian. Mrs Satanfriendly's favourite artist.

My vestibule door panel I designed and had made for her birthday.

View attachment 92062
Game Love GIF by Denyse®

I have indeed. They did a Mondrian exhibition in the Tate gallery here in Liverpool some years back. Awe struck

Better than the the Bauhaus centre in Berlin though, where I got asked to.move on because I looked at a piece for too long!?

I happen to be a huge lover of the Bauhaus movement and to me my visit had pilgrimage status. Rather gutted.

E0173E80-6F41-41B9-B600-8F1BFB39D4E5.jpeg
SOTD: 16/08/2022

Razor: Stando Chors
Blade: Astra SP, 3rd use
Brush: Knothead Brush Works 26mm AP Shave Co. Synbad
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: Bart’s Balm Preshave Sample Oil
Soap: Stirling Ozark Mountain Puck
Balm: Baxter Of California Aftershave Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

Just the Stando Chors on its own today and it was a delightful shave. I think this razor is the very definition of a Goldilocks razor, it balances right in the middle, not too mild not too aggressive, but just right! It really is a lovely razor, extremely efficient but mild enough for daily shaving. I can’t say much more other than it’s a genuine delight and I’m looking forward to trying the next razor in the loan collection! Many thanks @slapo

Tabac Tuesday SOTD

Soap • Tabac
Brush • Razorock 400 Plissoft Noir
Razor • Timeless 0.68 SS Scalloped
Blade • NOS English Wilkinson Sword (3)
Post • Tabac Aftershave

Removal of a three day growth today.
I rarely use my 400 brush these days, favouring Yaqi's. It seems soft and floppy in comparison, but it still makes good lather very quickly.
Again, I find myself in a 'razor rut' - having used this Timelesa razor for at least half a dozen times on the trot. Not a bad thing I suppose, but I ought to male more use of the others at my disposal.

Tabac Tuesday SOTD

Soap • Tabac
Brush • Razorock 400 Plissoft Noir
Razor • Timeless 0.68 SS Scalloped
Blade • NOS English Wilkinson Sword (3)
Post • Tabac Aftershave

Removal of a three day growth today.
I rarely use my 400 brush these days, favouring Yaqi's. It seems soft and floppy in comparison, but it still makes good lather very quickly.
Again, I find myself in a 'razor rut' - having used this Timelesa razor for at least half a dozen times on the trot. Not a bad thing I suppose, but I ought to male more use of the others at my disposal.
Interesting. I really like my Yaqi Moka Express 24mm synthetic but I have been looking at the RR400 Noir which is also said to have a little more backbone than the one that's dyed to look like badger. You reckon it's too floppy? I wonder what it's like compared to the Phantom Aerolite? I wasn't going to buy another brush but the aluminium 400 tributes do look cool. I missed the CK Switchback on BST by 2 minutes and was tempted by the ES one but they're quite dear, nice as they are, for just curiosity.

Back
Top Bottom