SOTD : Saturday 13 August - Friday 19 August 2022.

16/08/22
Pre - Pears Transparent Face Wash
Brush - Semogue SOC BTS Boar
Soap - Ariana & Evans Pamplemousse
Razor - Gillette Fatboy F3
Blade - Personna Med Prep
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Barts Balm Cinnamon & Patchouli Balm & Lotion
A/S - Body Shop Arber EDTWk 33 (4).JPG
2 passes today WTG and then a XTG/ATG mixed pass. They did not get much wrong when they made the Fatboy and Slim, If i had to choose of my razors i would go with my Slim, only because its my Birthyear.
A very similar shave experience from the head with the obvious difference being the handle feel.
YMMV of course.
Spot on that.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Monday evening's bristle removing exercise themed, 'I bloody did tell you that they were good razors'

20220815_214014.jpg

Good heavens - Tatara Nodachi
Good call - Gillette Nacet
Good vibrations - Wee Whiskey Barrel
Good as gold - Signature Soaps Wicstun
Good graces - L'Occitane Cade balm

They are good
They are good
They are good

And yes it was.

A corker of a shave with the Nodachi. Totally at home with the Nacet and just so smooth and free of drama. Throw in a superb finish and life smiles nicely back.

The Whiskey Barrel and Wicstun simply made for each other. I will give The Groom Room in Dundee a massive plus as Ian does get his brushes so right.

Happy bunnyism all round

'I bloody did tell you that they were good razors. And they are'

New Strike Zipper? Whatever

Prep: Face wash with Simple face wash
Pre: None
Razor: Rockwell 6S (4)
Blade: Gillette 7o'clock yellow (2)
Brush: Alpha Outlaw
S Soap: OSP - Business Time

Having used the 6 plate for the last couple of weeks I thought to revisit 4 plate. It may well be the fact that I got so used to 6 plate but on 4 I found myself having to go several times over the same spot to get the result I was used to. A lovely shave non the less but I'll be back up on 6.
I forgot how good OSP soap is. A pleasure to lather and scent is spot on.
Wishing everyone a lovely rest of the week!

SOTD.jpg

SOTD 16-Aug
20220815_185414.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Mammoth'
Soap: MSC Vintage Faberge
Razor: CG Level 3
Blade: GSB (1)

Love this scent, strong in use but does mellow after a little while. Still not a fan of this maze handle, sure it's nice to look at but it gets lost in my mitts and I just can't get the right grip on it. I find I start throwing extra pressure down. Perhaps if it was hollow it might help but I would prefer longer. Saying that I'm not willing to throw down the cash he's asking for nowadays and as I already have the plates that I will use from his current lineup it's most definitely not worth it to me.

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

Hope everyone has a cracking day

Tue 16 SOTD
Soap Yaqi Malibu
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow
Razor Yaqi Mellon DOC
Blade Silver Star Super Stainless 1st
Aftershave Yaqi Malibu Splash
Enjoy this soap and matching splash scent...the lather is really good, rich creamy, and slick!
An easy, loud, and uneventful 3pass shave with the razor & blade combination for a bbs finish...
20220816_121146.jpg

Tuesday:

I really want to say this razor is amazing as it was my Christmas present from my daughter last year. The best thing about it was that it was NOS and I didn't pay for it.

I don't know whether it is the grooves on the head, or just the finish, but no matter how i formulate the lather, the razor feels 'draggy'. I found that super-wet is the best bet, but then I really feel the blade. I've still had a very close shave and if I were to grade the finish it would be a definite DFS.

The Golden Injecto-matic will go back in it's box when it is fully dried out and I'll break it out again in a couple of months and see if I still feel the same.

Margaritas in the Arctic has a nice freeze feel when rinsing, perfect for the sticky weather. The splash stung far more than I usually feel it, but now it has settled down, it feels fine.

If I had to say whether PAL or Schick is my preferred SE; Schick M2 beats the crap out of the PAL. However, YMMV.

Attachments

• IMG_20220816_114805__01.jpg
    IMG_20220816_114805__01.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 8
I tried out my latest vintage today, the Ronson “Shaves and Sharpens”. The box decor would indicate Art Deco period so 20s and 30s. Unique design and concept, superb construction and finish, still looking pretty new, only the case and box look their age. It can be stripped down into component parts in seconds; surprised M didn’t give 007 one to use :)
I had to fettle a DE Platinum Astra to fit. This was quite easy although I saw two options to do this on the net, one option a guy just cut a modern DE blade to fit which gave two halves. You can still use two halves but it’s really fiddly to get them set properly.
So, I started by sticking a strip of Polimide Kapton tape to the blade first and then did the mod. This way the blade is still correct width and centre hole is in perfect position which is vital to centre the blade in the head.
I soaped up using my old pewter handled brush with Arancio Amaro, arrichita con olio di mandorle (thanks Leemaz!) I was a bit apprehensive as there seemed a lot of blade on show but the The shave was amazing, smooth and comfortable, one of the nicest vintage razors I’ve experienced. If you guys can get your hands on a Ronson take it, it’s worth it as it performs just as well as today’s razors.

3DC870B5-8FED-451F-A3C7-DC82932F6DC7.jpeg
27F7B538-9609-421B-8413-43002636DC6C.jpeg887642F9-2A20-42FB-B4AF-06A328DC6799.jpeg

Last edited:
SOTD 66.jpg

Soap – TOBS Mr Taylors
Brush – Zenith BP / Boti Pro 3 band synthetic
Razor – Blackbird
Blade – Gillette Platinum ( blue)
A/S – Epsilon Blue Med
Balm – Lea 3in1

Using one of my favourite razor & blade combos with one of my favourite barbershop scented creams it’s almost impossible to have a bad one, and I didn’t. Superb, as expected. You can’t ask for much more than that.

Have a great day everyone.

Back
Top Bottom