SOTD : Saturday 13 August - Friday 19 August 2022.

Wed 17 SOTD
Soap Stirling Haverford
Brush Yaqi 22mm Ever-Helpful 2 Band Badger
Razor Karve Brass SB-F
Blade Gillette London Bridge 2nd
Aftershave Stirling Haverford Balm
Another wonderful aromatic pipe-scented soap is enhanced by the matching balm. The lather is nicely creamy and slick too...
The shave with this razor paired with the blade was very good. Smooth and comfortable in 3passes for a bbs finish ✨
20220817_131507.jpg

Interesting. I really like my Yaqi Moka Express 24mm synthetic but I have been looking at the RR400 Noir which is also said to have a little more backbone than the one that's dyed to look like badger. You reckon it's too floppy? I wonder what it's like compared to the Phantom Aerolite? I wasn't going to buy another brush but the aluminium 400 tributes do look cool. I missed the CK Switchback on BST by 2 minutes and was tempted by the ES one but they're quite dear, nice as they are, for just curiosity.
For a 24mm knot it has a tall loft.
My Yaqi, Simpson and Zenith Synths are all much denser, giving them more backbone.

SOTD 17-Aug
20220816_091537.jpg
Brush: Alpha UKWSS G5D
Soap: SW Fougère Nemeta
Razor: Parker InjRzr
Blade: Proline B-20 (?)

Passable yet unimpressive shave, I don't get on with this parker, top gear and I still feel like I have to put my shoulder into it to get a result with which I'm marginally happy. Think this is going to be placed squarely at the back of the drawer again. Funnily though I haven't got on that well with the Schick injector I got my hands on, though that is of dubious condition, I'll pull that one out and give it another run.

Hope everyone has a cracking day!

Cheers

Marc

And to steal from the digital monkey this one presents itself with the theme, 'Mondrian and the Mongoose'

20220816_201138.jpg

Razor - Stainless Mongoose
Blade - Feather Super Professional
Brush - Groom Room Hive-2
Soap - ADP Collezione
Post shave - T&H Grafton

This was a flawless shave

And these ladies are indeed just that. Flawless. The return of Aldious. Yo yo Yoshi

Wednesday 17th August
Stoll Junior 3D - Gem Stainless Coated #3 - Signature Soaps Novus Spice - ArtSecret Synth - Cien X-Bolt AS - Aloe Vera Gel
ebD09Wm.jpg

17/08/22
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Razorock 400 Plissoft Syn
Soap - Arko Stick
Razor - Blutt BR-1 - 0.86
Blade - Wizamet Super Iridium
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Kilbreck - Neroli, Rosemary & Jasmine
A/S - Vintage Ferd. Mülhens Vintage 4711 EDC
Wk 33 (5).JPG
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Wednesday August 17, 2022
Razor: Stirling SS ST
Blade: Voskhod/Wizamet
Brush: Knothead "The Kentuckian"/Timberwolf
Soap: Vintage Williams
AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
AS 2: Aqua Velva
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,380

Needed a fresh blade and this tuck of Voskhod's that came with a razor recently was sitting on the shelf and so I went with it. I don't know what happened and will need to compare these to the sleeve of Voskhod's I have that I purchased. I find them to normally be a mild but sharp enough blade for me but this thing tugged like I remember the horror of the Graham Field blades that were trash. Switched out to a Wizamet and it was smooth sailing from there on out. Have a great day !

IMG_20220817_065847403.jpg

Last edited:
Just has to be Mondrian. Mrs Satanfriendly's favourite artist.

My vestibule door panel I designed and had made for her birthday.

View attachment 92062
Hi Chris,
well done very thoughtful and imaginative , you must have amassed a few Brownie Points or a "Get out of Jail" card.
See the Mongoose still going strong.
Regards-Mike

Back
Top Bottom