SOTD : Saturday 13 August - Friday 19 August 2022.

SOTD 20220817
Prep: Myrsol Masaje Antesol
Bowl: Thirsty Badger
Brush: Simpson Emperor Manchurian
Soap: Fitijar Island Slatterøj
Razor: Barbaros TR-3
Blade: Gillette Platinum
AS: Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum

SOTD_20220817.jpg

Best Regards
Marco

Wednesday morning's shave:

I thought I would give GSB blades another run out. Used a known good shaving razor with some super soap.

Rough. The only word for it. It was exactly the same rough shave as the last time I used them.

Tomorrow, I'll use exactly the same kit, bar the blade. See if it is just me not getting on with these blades.

Attachments

• IMG_20220817_125835__01.jpg
    IMG_20220817_125835__01.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 10
Thu 18 SOTD
Soap Yaqi Hypnotic Blue
Brush Yaqi 24mm Aqua Tuxedo
Razor RazoRock G37 Slant
Blade Personna Super Med Prep 2nd
Aftershave Yaqi Hypnotic Blue Splash
Nice...nice soap! The scent is good...enhanced by the matching splash. The lather is creamy and slick...
Good shave with the razor paired with the blade. Easy and smooth 3passes for bbs finish but a red spot. Happy though!
20220818_161107.jpg

SOTD : 18th August 2022.

thursday.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar Soap
Brush: Brush: Semogue 1470.
Face Lather.
Lather : Erasmic Shaving Soap Bowl.
Blade: Feather Hi Stainless. (D4)
Razor: Parker 99R. TTO

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./P&G Old Spice Bearglove ASL./L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

Greetings,

Early Morning Shave,

An excellent shave to finish my shave week off wonderfully.

It's been a while since i last added my Parker 99R to my DE razor rotation.

The Parker 99R along with the 22R where the first parker razors that i purchased not long after i had ventured into the wonderful world of traditional wet shaving which gave me the 'Shaving Bug' purely because they looked excellent and had great reviews, after that i developed a fondness for them. I now have a collection of 11 Parker razors (10 DE razors) + Parker adjustable InjRzr in my shaving den, four of which were past on to me by workmates who fell out of love with them. 'All the better for me'

The Parker 99r TTO and 98r where the razors that has taught me to let the weight of the razor do the work and focus on my technique when i first started out with this shaving hobby of mine.

The hefty weight and and long handle on most of the parker range is an the added bonus, especially for dome/head shaving.

An enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups shave with no errors to report....Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

My face is feeling smooth cool, & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
18/08/22
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Silver Birch Brushes - Cocobolo Silvertip
Soap - Arran soap Co. Lochranza
Razor - Schick B1 Repeating Razor 1927-32
Blade - Personna Injector
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Arran soap Co. Lochranza
A/S - Arran soap Co. Lochranza
Wk 33 (6).JPG
2 passes and a touch up on the whirlpools for a wonderful finish this morning.
It really is a privilege to use this piece of shaving engineering.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

SOTD: 18/08/2022

Razor: Rockwell 6s #3
Blade: Gillette Permasharp, 1st use
Brush: Razorock Italian Barber Synthetic
Bowl: PAA Intergalactic Travel Scuttle Scuttle
Preshave: PAA Cube 2.0 Soap
Soap: Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill Croap
Aftershave: Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill Aftershave
Additional Care: Shave Tunes Courtesy Of 1940's Jazz Playlist
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Not Too Bad At All

Lots of new toys to play with today. Apart from the razor and blade everything else is new. Exciting times here. The Lemon chill is exactly what I was after and is colder than the ex-wife's heart. Will take a couple of goes with the PAA cube to see if I prefer it over Proraso pre shave cream.

2B537B59-8236-457B-9BA9-1B4DA4FFA107.jpeg

20220818_081709.jpg
Wash with La Toja Magno.
Ball end Tech with Astra SP (3)
Hampshire Lanolin #3 (almost finished), face lathered with the Phantom Aerolite.
Bio oil and Zara #Tobacco Collection spray.
A flawless shave, not even a red dot and a smooth finish, just what I needed. Although I have tons of other soap I can see myself getting another HWF #3 as I really like the performance and scent.

Make the best of your day guys and I hope it's a good one.

SOTD 18-Aug
20220816_091647.jpg
Brush: Simpson Colonel
Soap: A&E The Novelist
Razor: Gillette Tech
Blade: GSB (2)

Chalk and cheese compared to yesterday, simple and effective shave with a very smooth finish. No heavy hand needed and zero irritation, happy days!

@ekeko have to be honest I almost fell for that one myself though Paul at connaughts I think mentioned it (or someone did) so didn't quite catch me out. I'm not one to give up so I'll give it another bash! @Blademonkey I...have...never...done...such....a...thing... Well ok I did try to put a blade in the vector arse backwards but I'm trying to forget that moment of hungover shaving time!

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

Shave gear used on a weeks camp in Oxfordshire:-

Gillette Mid Tech razor
Lada Stainless Steel blade
Muhle STF brush
La Toja stick soap
Mugler cologne

This kit stowed in a dopp bag is ideal on a campsite keeping my face smooth before slathering on factor 50 sunscreen during last weeks high temperatures where the temperatures between 32-34 degrees Celsius each day!

Thursday 18th August

Oumo 24mm Motherlode - Creighton's for Men Cream - Blackland Era (OC 4)/Gillette Winner Platinum - Lustray Blue Spice AS

A great shave with a couple of caveats. I am not a great fan of the Motherlode knot....its just too soft and I may have chosen the wrong base plate for the Era. Since I bought it my tastes have changed slightly. I now seem to prefer milder razors and this one is just a tad too much. Enough to prevent me automatically reaching for it.
3 passes for a 'Face Feeler'

Back
Top Bottom