SOTD : Saturday 12th March - Friday 18th March 2022.

Thursday:

A lot earlier today, before I did an airport run for my son and his mates, then got stuck into work:

After some nice shaves with the Lupo, decided I should go back to a bit of vintage.

Not used the Rocket HD for a while, so loaded up a Perma sharp, whipped up some executive man, 3-passes later I was well shorn and smelling divine.

Attachments

• IMG_20220317_072333__01.jpg
    IMG_20220317_072333__01.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 4
Sotd-17-03-22.png

ATT Calypso alu - M plate
Treet Platinum (6)
Simpson Special best
Tabac cream
warm water, witch hazel
Tabac a/s
Tabac edt.

A while since I last had an all Tabac shave. You don't see the cream used much but it works well for me. A close and comfortable result - and I smell like a tart's boudoir (or so I am informed). What's not to like? :) - cheers - I.

After a true bloodfest the last time I shaved today we have the theme, 'Angry II (The return of a proper nasty bastard)

20220315_195455.jpg

Mild? I think bloody not - Ikon B1
A unpretentious blade - Polsilver
Nasty? A brush? - AP Shaving 24mm Cashmere
Bad tempered? Our Brian? - Signature Soaps Capra Insuriam
From a mild (so everyone tells me) razor which slyly takes chunks out of your face to a razor which doesn't pretend to be mild and will happily take chunks out of your face and yet delivers super smooth close shaves in a mild manner when one gets to know it. After the last blood letting a very welcome monster in to the house.

One smashing super shave which didn't even open any of the previous collateral left by the ATT G1. My faith in shaving was restored and I can once again declare myself smooth as a baby's posterior.

I have faith! I have faith! I have belief! I have a clean face!

Fuck this beard and a few days growth thing

I shall sign out with some of those Japanese Blood Stain Child and their very fitting video.

Razor = Irish TriColour by PAA
Blade = Green 7 O’clock Permashrp
Brush = St Patrick’s By Wild West Brush Works
Soap = Wickhams Shamrock Tweed with matching balm
Splash = Skin Bracer
B6294CBF-5198-4F58-A7F3-FE9133BF2B16.jpeg
My Tribute to the Irish lads on here for St Patrick’s Day.
A lovely 3 pass shave today & my last shave in Norway as i’m heading home tomorrow.
The shave was first class and as most of you know i’m a lover of these plastic razors.
But no one has it in this tricolour.
The Brush is Genuinely called St Pats which is appropriate today.
I didn’t have a irish blade or splash so just went for something Green.
Wickham soap needs no introduction to you boys but i picked this particular soap because it contains Iris which is my mothers name although she passed away over 20 years ago but i still like anything with Iris in it.
Enjoy your night boys
Stay Safe

Last edited:
Thursday AM 2022-03-17
St. Patrick's Day (traditional date of death of St. Patrick, at Downpatrick, Ireland)
HhUJTFh.jpg

Rooney Stubby 1 Porcelain Finest (22/45)
XPEC Original shaving cream (vintage Forester Milan version)
Carbon Adamas
Wilkinson 'Light Brigade' (9)
Barrister & Mann Cologne Russe aftershave

Shaves don't get much better. This Carbon has rapidly become my favorite razor.
IvfcQBw.jpg

0E632574-7031-4501-8D8D-4336B97A6CA7.jpeg
SOTD: 17/03/2022

Razor: Tatara Masamune
Blade: Viking Sword, 3rd use
Brush: ZENITH Unbleached bristle chrome handle 2000 C XSE
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Apothecary 87 1893 Cream
Aftershave: Paco Rabanne 1 Million EDT
Balm: L’Oreal Men Expert Reinforcing Aftershave Balm

A new soap from Apothecary 87. I use their hair products, they are a Great little British brand, they have amazing clay and pomades and the scents combinations they put together are normally top notch. This is a very sweet vanilla and sandalwood scent, slight artificial but nice none the less. I wish they’d done their signature hair cream scent, vanilla and mango, or vanilla marshmallow or even their maple caramel or gun oil. They are all amazing on every level. This doesn’t quite hit the same heights, still it lathers well enough, smells good and will stay in the den for another few uses before I have another clearance!
The razor and blade was a delight as usual as was the brush.
Have a great day guys.

Thursday 17th March

AM-JKLWwxNXGfoIR62BeFCU7JGnYwoKnIxG0nRmYAnQKPBLrnKN2U5vSKmPc_e0UOOcG3u_JlFd662MORlmL-_EcUVm4P-2dvyfSBlXCDiDT01CdtnK4Du5g0Qbw7-6ARaXFfT42_r4GJOcKTVm185n3o-Y5ww=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Boots Albany Mentholated (Vintage) Shaving Bowl
Mohawk w/PurTech Synthetic 23mm
Gillette Mach3 Limited Edition & Gillette Mach3 Cartridge (11)
Pinaud Lilac Vegetal (as Aftershave)

Enjoying my gorgeous Mohawk brush reknotted with what I'm calling "High Mountain" fibre as it soft, but with grabby tips that pull up a gorgeous clotted cream lather from the vintage soap. As well as that gentle mentholation, Albany has a delicate and subtle floral scent of lilac and jasmine. Perfect to finish with the Veg!

What do you think of the Oumo brush Ed?

Love it mate. Thank you for the recommendation. I have two 26mm Oumo brushes, the one above and one in an ApShaveCo Ebonite handle.
Always look forward to using them. For the money I think they give the Simpsons Manchurian brushes some serious competition.

Expecting to take delivery of a 28mm Leonidam tomorrow. Full badger rotation of five brushes.

After a true bloodfest the last time I shaved today we have the theme, 'Angry II (The return of a proper nasty bastard)

View attachment 85707

Mild? I think bloody not - Ikon B1
A unpretentious blade - Polsilver
Nasty? A brush? - AP Shaving 24mm Cashmere
Bad tempered? Our Brian? - Signature Soaps Capra Insuriam
From a mild (so everyone tells me) razor which slyly takes chunks out of your face to a razor which doesn't pretend to be mild and will happily take chunks out of your face and yet delivers super smooth close shaves in a mild manner when one gets to know it. After the last blood letting a very welcome monster in to the house.

One smashing super shave which didn't even open any of the previous collateral left by the ATT G1. My faith in shaving was restored and I can once again declare myself smooth as a baby's posterior.

I have faith! I have faith! I have belief! I have a clean face!

Fuck this beard and a few days growth thing

I shall sign out with some of those Japanese Blood Stain Child and their very fitting video.

How could someone who “doesn’t suffer fools gladly” have a bad temper! You know me too well Chris.

Back
Top Bottom